or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Denon AVR-4310CI Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AVR-4310CI Thread - Page 167

post #4981 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

Flashing on output 1 HDMI, all connected components via HDMI, as well as component to HDMI. Output HDMI 2, zero flashing. Have not tried the Wii (component to HDMI) yet.

Is there a known problem/fix that addresses this problem or is it just me? What is the difference between outout HDMI 1/2? I was under the impression there was no difference?

Do I need to send the 4310 in for repair...again?

Background: Never an issue (no flashing) till an Oppo 93 was connected to the system in a direct replacement of a LG BDP. I am certain it is coincidence and nothing to do with the Oppo itself, however even after returning to the original system configuration, the flashing has increased in frequency it seems. Oh yes, the display is a Mitsubishi 73733. Once switched to output HDMI 2, all flashing has ceased, tho I have read on others it has returned on output HDMI 2 also.

Wow! No one? Really?
post #4982 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

Wow! No one? Really?

I have the 4310 and have never experienced the problem you're describing...doesn't sound good. Wish I could offer some help. Have you tried to reset the microprocessor? Different HDMI cable? Maybe check the HDMI setup "monitor out" setting...try "monitor 1" vs "auto(dual) vs "monitor 2"... Seems very strange you're OK using monitor 2 out but monitor 1 flashes. Hope I'm understanding correctly.
post #4983 of 5295
Hello, I'm having trouble playing flac files through my 4310. The files are in my laptop and the Dlna server too (dbpoweramp).

The connection is established and I'm able to browse the files, but when I play one file I'm having dropouts ( the percentage of buffering showed in GUI never comes stable, moving from 30% to 70% to 20 % and so on). I can listen with dropouts until the AVR freez. So, I need to force power off/on to come to life again.

Does anybody know what kind of trouble I'm experiencing?

I got a new modern router but that no helps...

The size of files is between 70 mb and 300 mb

Thanks for your help.
post #4984 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

Hello, I'm having trouble playing flac files through my 4310. The files are in my laptop and the Dlna server too (dbpoweramp).

The connection is established and I'm able to browse the files, but when I play one file I'm having dropouts ( the percentage of buffering showed in GUI never comes stable, moving from 30% to 70% to 20 % and so on). I can listen with dropouts until the AVR freez. So, I need to force power off/on to come to life again.

Does anybody know what kind of trouble I'm experiencing?

I got a new modern router but that no helps...

The size of files is between 70 mb and 300 mb

Thanks for your help.

Hello: First of all, DbPoweramp is not a DLNA server; it is a cd ripping and format conversion software. Your server would be most likely Windows 7 if you are using a PC. Second, you didn't state exactly what kind of flac music files you are attempting to play. If they are 16bit/44.1 flac files, they should play on the 4310 just fine. However, if they are higher resolution files such as 24bit/96khz files, they will not play on the 4310 directly, but would have to be played by some type of hardware or software player capable of decoding them. If you are having trouble playing regular 16/44.1 flac files, I would suspect your connection to the PC (wireless?) is not sending data fast enough to keep the buffer full. When you start to play a compatible format music file, the 4310 gui should display a percentage less than 100% which should quickly increase to 100% and then stay there the entire time the song plays; since yours does not, it sounds like the router can't keep up with the needs of the 4310's buffer, so it is just not streaming as fast as it should. One way to test this, is to run a long ethernet cable directly from the router to the 4310 and see if it is able to play the entire song that way. However, keep in mind what I said at the beginning, it the flac file is not regular cd quality or less, it is not compatible with the 4310(the newer 4311 will play such files directly. Hope this helps!
post #4985 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post

Hello: First of all, DbPoweramp is not a DLNA server; it is a cd ripping and format conversion software. Your server would be most likely Windows 7 if you are using a PC. Second, you didn't state exactly what kind of flac music files you are attempting to play. If they are 16bit/44.1 flac files, they should play on the 4310 just fine. However, if they are higher resolution files such as 24bit/96khz files, they will not play on the 4310 directly, but would have to be played by some type of hardware or software player capable of decoding them. If you are having trouble playing regular 16/44.1 flac files, I would suspect your connection to the PC (wireless?) is not sending data fast enough to keep the buffer full. When you start to play a compatible format music file, the 4310 gui should display a percentage less than 100% which should quickly increase to 100% and then stay there the entire time the song plays; since yours does not, it sounds like the router can't keep up with the needs of the 4310's buffer, so it is just not streaming as fast as it should. One way to test this, is to run a long ethernet cable directly from the router to the 4310 and see if it is able to play the entire song that way. However, keep in mind what I said at the beginning, it the flac file is not regular cd quality or less, it is not compatible with the 4310(the newer 4311 will play such files directly. Hope this helps!

Hello Redbeemer,
I think the DLNA server was downloaded from the dbpoweramp site and is called Asset UPnP, sorry my mistake. This soft works well in order to connect to the receiver, but most of my files are 24/96 or higher. However I have a few 16/44.1 and I will try to see what happens.

The AVR is wired and the PC is wireless. In fact I'm was thinking to wire the PC to try to improve the data transfer since the 24/96 are played but with dropouts. But now with your comments I don't know if counts to try it.

Anyway, 24/96 or higher wouldn't be played at all or the dropouts indicates that are not compatibles?

Finally, can I use windows 7 like DLNA server with FLAC files?

Thank for your help.
post #4986 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

Hello Redbeemer,
I think the DLNA server was downloaded from the dbpoweramp site and is called Asset UPnP, sorry my mistake. This soft works well in order to connect to the receiver, but most of my files are 24/96 or higher. However I have a few 16/44.1 and I will try to see what happens.

The AVR is wired and the PC is wireless. In fact I'm was thinking to wire the PC to try to improve the data transfer since the 24/96 are played but with dropouts. But now with your comments I don't know if counts to try it.

Anyway, 24/96 or higher wouldn't be played at all or the dropouts indicates that are not compatibles?

Finally, can I use windows 7 like DLNA server with FLAC files?

Thank for your help.

Based on what you just told me above, I strongly suspect your problem is that you are trying to play 24/96 files; the 4310 will usually TRY to play them since it recognizes the format (flac) which it is capable of playing, so it will start playing them while trying to keep the buffer full, but the processor just can't decode them fast enough, so after 4 - 5 seconds(in my case), it freezes up. As you suggested, try playing a known 16/44.1 flac file and that should work just fine. If for some reason, that does not work, try running an ethernet cable from the computer to the router since you said you are already wired from the router to the AVR. Yes, Windows 7 can function as a DLNA server, but it does NOT natively support flac files of any resolution, so I suggest you stick with the Asset server or another such as JRiver Media Center, Foobar, etc. Any of these should work just fine with flac files, but remember that even though the software may be able to support high resolution files, they cannot send a stream of that resolution to the 4310, other than by HDMI. Therefore, you CAN use a media player or Blu-ray player that can stream high resolution files such as the Oppo 93(and others) and send that HD stream to the 4310 via HDMI, but cannot send it via the ethernet port nor the USB input. I feel your pain regarding this issue as I too have been frustrated in this way. As a result, I plan to replace my 4310 with either a 4311 or the upcoming 4520.
Good luck!
post #4987 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post

Based on what you just told me above, I strongly suspect your problem is that you are trying to play 24/96 files; the 4310 will usually TRY to play them since it recognizes the format (flac) which it is capable of playing, so it will start playing them while trying to keep the buffer full, but the processor just can't decode them fast enough, so after 4 - 5 seconds(in my case), it freezes up. As you suggested, try playing a known 16/44.1 flac file and that should work just fine. If for some reason, that does not work, try running an ethernet cable from the computer to the router since you said you are already wired from the router to the AVR. Yes, Windows 7 can function as a DLNA server, but it does NOT natively support flac files of any resolution, so I suggest you stick with the Asset server or another such as JRiver Media Center, Foobar, etc. Any of these should work just fine with flac files, but remember that even though the software may be able to support high resolution files, they cannot send a stream of that resolution to the 4310, other than by HDMI. Therefore, you CAN use a media player or Blu-ray player that can stream high resolution files such as the Oppo 93(and others) and send that HD stream to the 4310 via HDMI, but cannot send it via the ethernet port nor the USB input. I feel your pain regarding this issue as I too have been frustrated in this way. As a result, I plan to replace my 4310 with either a 4311 or the upcoming 4520.
Good luck!

Thanks Red,

I will try tonight.

Anyway, I have a media player connected via HDMI that can play 24/96 and up without issues....

Regarding that feeling, yes, is frustrating.
I will take a look at 4520

Tks
post #4988 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post

... Windows 7 can function as a DLNA server, but it does NOT natively support flac files of any resolution, so I suggest you stick with the Asset server or another such as JRiver Media Center, Foobar, etc. Any of these should work just fine with flac files, but remember that even though the software may be able to support high resolution files, they cannot send a stream of that resolution to the 4310, other than by HDMI. Therefore, you CAN use a media player or Blu-ray player that can stream high resolution files such as the Oppo 93(and others) and send that HD stream to the 4310 via HDMI, but cannot send it via the ethernet port nor the USB input. I feel your pain regarding this issue as I too have been frustrated in this way. As a result, I plan to replace my 4310 with either a 4311 or the upcoming 4520.
Good luck!

Hi. I didn't try any of this stuff when I had the 4310. Oh, and BTW red and charlyz, in case you haven't noted all my posts about the A100 (4311) and XT32, I'm very happy with it. It was a happy jump up in SQ. The 4311 is still the best audiophile bargain out there at $1.2K but there's apparently limited stock. Shiny discs are awesome via DenonLink, BTW, both RBCD and HiRes, but the DBP A100 (4010) does not stream, unlike the Oppos. I'm responding to the discussion here hoping to pick up some tips on playing HiRes MC files but would gladly move it to the 4311 thread where others could contribute and/or benefit. How is the 4311 more capable than the 4310 in this regard? If one uses a non-networked external box to serve up the files, the 4311 has USB and SPDIF coax/optical inputs but I believe there are limitations on those inputs. I don't really want to invest in an HDMI connected box if I can get equal SQ over my LAN using my desktop, which is hardwired into the LAN as is the Denon. Wouldn't the LAN be pretty much jitter-free and allow full HiRes MC files?

The 4311 has Airplay(free!) but I believe that is superfluous for me. I have played 44.1/192 MPEGS from iTunes on my desktop but haven't tried any HiRes or any other media server. In fact I can't figure out how to control the music from iTunes with the 4311 or my iPhone. TIA.
post #4989 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post


Hi. I didn't try any of this stuff when I had the 4310. Oh, and BTW red and charlyz, in case you haven't noted all my posts about the A100 (4311) and XT32, I'm very happy with it. It was a happy jump up in SQ. The 4311 is still the best audiophile bargain out there at $1.2K but there's apparently limited stock. Shiny discs are awesome via DenonLink, BTW, both RBCD and HiRes, but the DBP A100 (4010) does not stream, unlike the Oppos. I'm responding to the discussion here hoping to pick up some tips on playing HiRes MC files but would gladly move it to the 4311 thread where others could contribute and/or benefit. How is the 4311 more capable than the 4310 in this regard? If one uses a non-networked external box to serve up the files, the 4311 has USB and SPDIF coax/optical inputs but I believe there are limitations on those inputs. I don't really want to invest in an HDMI connected box if I can get equal SQ over my LAN using my desktop, which is hardwired into the LAN as is the Denon. Wouldn't the LAN be pretty much jitter-free and allow full HiRes MC files?

The 4311 has Airplay(free!) but I believe that is superfluous for me. I have played 44.1/192 MPEGS from iTunes on my desktop but haven't tried any HiRes or any other media server. In fact I can't figure out how to control the music from iTunes with the 4311 or my iPhone. TIA.

Hi Sound, congrats on your new AVR!
I'm playing hi res files from my laptop ( with limitations) and from my argosy media player. This player plays anything that you throw and very well. When I listen trough my laptop I use a DLNA server ( asset UPnP). In AVR switch to media server, browse files and listen.
From the media player teheran connection is made directly via HDMI.

By the way, based on your upgrade and the last comment from Red: what features made you moving to 4311?

It's interesting because I'm pretty happy with my 4310 but I'd like to upgrade.

Tks
post #4990 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post


Hi. I didn't try any of this stuff when I had the 4310. Oh, and BTW red and charlyz, in case you haven't noted all my posts about the A100 (4311) and XT32, I'm very happy with it. It was a happy jump up in SQ. The 4311 is still the best audiophile bargain out there at $1.2K but there's apparently limited stock. Shiny discs are awesome via DenonLink, BTW, both RBCD and HiRes, but the DBP A100 (4010) does not stream, unlike the Oppos. I'm responding to the discussion here hoping to pick up some tips on playing HiRes MC files but would gladly move it to the 4311 thread where others could contribute and/or benefit. How is the 4311 more capable than the 4310 in this regard? If one uses a non-networked external box to serve up the files, the 4311 has USB and SPDIF coax/optical inputs but I believe there are limitations on those inputs. I don't really want to invest in an HDMI connected box if I can get equal SQ over my LAN using my desktop, which is hardwired into the LAN as is the Denon. Wouldn't the LAN be pretty much jitter-free and allow full HiRes MC files?

The 4311 has Airplay(free!) but I believe that is superfluous for me. I have played 44.1/192 MPEGS from iTunes on my desktop but haven't tried any HiRes or any other media server. In fact I can't figure out how to control the music from iTunes with the 4311 or my iPhone. TIA.

Sound, in order to take advance using AirPlay. You need to install the Remote app in any idevice (iPod, iPhone, iPad) then access your iTunes library from the idevice and play a tune. Finally you need to select where to play this tune, to do that you need to locate AirPlay button in Remote and choose where you want to play that tunes. In this case you need to select your AVR.

Hope this help
post #4991 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

...By the way, based on your upgrade and the last comment from Red: what features made you moving to 4311?...

I thought the 4310 was a nice step up in SQ from the 2809 and of course it is a far more sophisticated feature-packed networking AVR. It was also absolutely irresistible on clearance at BB at about 70% off. What caused me to upgrade after only a few months was that I just had to try XT32 and I could easily sell the 4310 at a small profit. I also wanted to use my newly acquired Audyssey Pro kit but didn't want to license the 4310 for $150, as I knew I'd upgrade once I found the right deal on a 4311 or A100, which happened faster than I'd anticipated. The 4311 yields a much bigger improvement in SQ over the 4310 than the 4310-to-2809 jump largely because of XT32 and SubEQHT.

Thnx for the tips on streaming-this is another steep learning curve for me. I'll try to make sense of it but too tired tonight.
post #4992 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post


I thought the 4310 was a nice step up in SQ from the 2809 and of course it is a far more sophisticated feature-packed networking AVR. It was also absolutely irresistible on clearance at BB at about 70% off. What caused me to upgrade after only a few months was that I just had to try XT32 and I could easily sell the 4310 at a small profit. I also wanted to use my newly acquired Audyssey Pro kit but didn't want to license the 4310 for $150, as I knew I'd upgrade once I found the right deal on a 4311 or A100, which happened faster than I'd anticipated. The 4311 yields a much bigger improvement in SQ over the 4310 than the 4310-to-2809 jump largely because of XT32 and SubEQHT.

Thnx for the tips on streaming-this is another steep learning curve for me. I'll try to make sense of it but too tired tonight.

Ok, if you use iDevices, AirPlay feature is very handy, works always and sounds very good. Of course is not comparable to hi res sound, but you can use ALAC format (apple lossless) to reach better sound.

Regard Audyssey.
Now I'm running in two channel (2.1) because I'm upgrading my speakers and don't have the center and surrounds yet. So I'm experimenting with the various modes like flat, byp LR, etc. and I've found that the best sound for my ears in stereo mode is in Manual EQ.

In this configuration I've found the sound more accurate and clean. The bass more tight and for listening late at night much more rich than Audyssey mode.

What do you think, am I crazy for not use Audyssey in this scenario?
post #4993 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post


Thanks Red,

I will try tonight.

Anyway, I have a media player connected via HDMI that can play 24/96 and up without issues....

Regarding that feeling, yes, is frustrating.
I will take a look at 4520

Tks

Red

FLACS 16/44.1 are sounding and very good. Thanks for your input!

BTW, is at least strange that the AVR can handle, for example, 24/192 via hdmi and don't via Ethernet...

What do you think, better play flacs direct from AVR than from media player via HDMI?
post #4994 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

...Regard Audyssey.
Now I'm running in two channel (2.1) because I'm upgrading my speakers and don't have the center and surrounds yet. So I'm experimenting with the various modes like flat, byp LR, etc. and I've found that the best sound for my ears in stereo mode is in Manual EQ...
What do you think, am I crazy for not use Audyssey in this scenario?

Congrats on getting better speakers. That's often the best place to put your HT$ for better SQ.

Well, setting aside the issue of your sanity for the moment, my first question is, did you rerun Audyssey with your new speakers? Beyond that, it becomes a complex discussion. For ex., what exactly do you mean by "Manual EQ"-did you use Base curve copy or have you tweaked the graphic EQ yourself and what are the curves like, are tone controls off, etc. Also of interest is the "at night" remark-if it means lower volume, are you using Audyssey with DEQ on?

Generally, tighter sounding bass occurs with Audyssey ON and at low volumes, fuller/richer bass comes from DEQ On. My only critique irt MultEQXT was I feel it it does some unnecessary messing with the high freqs. XT32 doesn't do that; it's smarter.
post #4995 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post

Congrats on getting better speakers. That's often the best place to put your HT$ for better SQ.

Well, setting aside the issue of your sanity for the moment, my first question is, did you rerun Audyssey with your new speakers? Beyond that, it becomes a complex discussion. For ex., what exactly do you mean by "Manual EQ"-did you use Base curve copy or have you tweaked the graphic EQ yourself and what are the curves like, are tone controls off, etc. Also of interest is the "at night" remark-if it means lower volume, are you using Audyssey with DEQ on?

Generally, tighter sounding bass occurs with Audyssey ON and at low volumes, fuller/richer bass comes from DEQ On. My only critique irt MultEQXT was I feel it it does some unnecessary messing with the high freqs. XT32 doesn't do that; it's smarter.

ok for your first comment.

Audyssey has run with new speakers (2 times)
I mean: MulteqXT: Manual; Dyn EQ: Off; Dyn Vol: Off; Manual EQ: I´ve tweaked graphic EQ (Curve looks like a "V", always I used that kind of curve); Tone controls: ON. Bass: 4db Treble: 3db.

With this settings, and late at night (lower volume) I find the sound fuller and bass tighter than Audyssey with DEQ On.

For ex, late at night with lower volumes, if I´m listening with Audyssey and I switch to Manual, the sound becomes more audible, clear, treble is now more present and bass too.

To complete the settings, the 2 channel conf is:
Custom
Fronts: Large
Sub: yes
LFE+Main
Cross: 60 hz (I don't think so it is works with front as large, but is 60)

What do you think?

Thanks!

BTW, base curve copy. I saw the option but I don't use yet. Do you know how this setting works?
post #4996 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

Red

FLACS 16/44.1 are sounding and very good. Thanks for your input!

BTW, is at least strange that the AVR can handle, for example, 24/192 via hdmi and don't via Ethernet...

What do you think, better play flacs direct from AVR than from media player via HDMI?

Charlyz: Glad to hear that your 16/44.1 flac files are working ok, as they should. I was pretty sure that your problem was just trying to play hd flac files via ethernet or usb, which the 4310 doesn't do(but the 4311 does do). I guess the only explanation I can give for why it will play such files via hdmi and not ethernet or usb is that it has to be able to play hd streams via hdmi or it couldn't function with the hi-rez audio from a Blu-ray player. I am pretty sure the DAC's in the 4310 could handle the 24/96 flac files since they can handle other types of hi-rez files via hdmi, so perhaps its just a matter of software programming rather than hardware deficiencies. So SoundofMind, you should be good to go with your A100 as far as streaming 24/96 flac files (or pcm/wave) via the ethernet port or the usb ports, in addition to hdmi inputs. If you had a specific question about playing such files on your A100, please let me know and I will try to help as I couldn't quite separate your question from your comments to Charlyz. Anyway, I think the 4311/A100 are great AVR's, perhaps some of the best currently on the market, not only in terms of function, but also reliability.
post #4997 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

...What do you think?...
BTW, base curve copy. I saw the option but I don't use yet. Do you know how this setting works?

I think these discussions belong on the Audyssey thread. Curve Copy means it copies the Audyssey Flat curve to the best of its ability, but that ability is rather crude as there are only 9 bands of graphic Manual EQ IIRC. It would be interesting for you to write down your current values and then select Curve Copy so you can compare them sonically and visually.

What you are doing Manually is similar to the common "smile" curve most folks prefer for their graphic EQ-boosted at low and high end. This pattern of EQ is especially preferred at lower listening levels as our perception of the lows and highs drops off more than the mids as we turn the volume down. Audyssey+ DEQ addressed this problem in a far more sophisticated way. I suggest you read up on it on the Audyssey thread FAQ and the Audyssey website. Speakers set to large and Sub LFE+Main= double bass, which is not recommended as it produces too much bass and duplicates output in the mains and sub which is cetainly far from reference (Audyssey's goal) and generally way too bassy. Then you have the tone control additional boost on as well! This should sound pretty awful at normal listening levels.

Have you ever followed the Audyssey Guide setup instructions fully and set all speakers to small, raise all xovers to 80, put DEQ ON and adjusted DEQ with RLO acccording to the source?
post #4998 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post

...So SoundofMind, you should be good to go with your A100 as far as streaming 24/96 flac files (or pcm/wave) via the ethernet port or the usb ports, in addition to hdmi inputs. If you had a specific question about playing such files on your A100, please let me know...

Cool, thnx, good to know! FilmMixer has reported good results streaming apple lossless via ethernet on the 4311 thread. I think I figured it out. I just need an intermediary device or program- something like AppleTV- that the AVR will recognize and that will allow control of iTunes. The AVR remote has no control over iTunes on my PC as the AVR doesn't recognize it as a server. Apparently there are several other less expensive options as well, some totally software on the PC.
post #4999 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post


Cool, thnx, good to know! FilmMixer has reported good results streaming apple lossless via ethernet on the 4311 thread. I think I figured it out. I just need an intermediary device or program- something like AppleTV- that the AVR will recognize and that will allow control of iTunes. The AVR remote has no control over iTunes on my PC as the AVR doesn't recognize it as a server. Apparently there are several other less expensive options as well, some totally software on the PC.

Hi sound, but if you have an idevice you could install Remote app and get control of iTunes as send the audio to the AVR via AirPlay.
post #5000 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post


I think these discussions belong on the Audyssey thread. Curve Copy means it copies the Audyssey Flat curve to the best of its ability, but that ability is rather crude as there are only 9 bands of graphic Manual EQ IIRC. It would be interesting for you to write down your current values and then select Curve Copy so you can compare them sonically and visually.

What you are doing Manually is similar to the common "smile" curve most folks prefer for their graphic EQ-boosted at low and high end. This pattern of EQ is especially preferred at lower listening levels as our perception of the lows and highs drops off more than the mids as we turn the volume down. Audyssey+ DEQ addressed this problem in a far more sophisticated way. I suggest you read up on it on the Audyssey thread FAQ and the Audyssey website. Speakers set to large and Sub LFE+Main= double bass, which is not recommended as it produces too much bass and duplicates output in the mains and sub which is cetainly far from reference (Audyssey's goal) and generally way too bassy. Then you have the tone control additional boost on as well! This should sound pretty awful at normal listening levels.

Have you ever followed the Audyssey Guide setup instructions fully and set all speakers to small, raise all xovers to 80, put DEQ ON and adjusted DEQ with RLO acccording to the source?


I will follow the guide and the step by step again.
I want to find Audyssey the best!

Tks
post #5001 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

Hi sound, but if you have an idevice you could install Remote app and get control of iTunes as send the audio to the AVR via AirPlay.

Yes I have an iPhone. I have the new Denon remote app on the phone but haven't figured it out yet-its more complex and seems finicky.

To to try to do what I thought you suggested in your last post I entered "Airplay" into the app store to download an app to the phone but those are all games. Can you suggest a specific remote app?
post #5002 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post

Yes I have an iPhone. I have the new Denon remote app on the phone but haven't figured it out yet-its more complex and seems finicky.

To to try to do what I thought you suggested in your last post I entered "Airplay" into the app store to download an app to the phone but those are all games. Can you suggest a specific remote app?

Sound look for an app called Remote. Is an apple app

Pls let me know
post #5003 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

I will follow the guide and the step by step again.
I want to find Audyssey the best! Tks

Excellent idea. The instructions on proper bass management (raise xovers to 80, all speakers=Small) will help you get the most out of your speakers and sub. You'll hear nice, balanced reference SQ at reference levels-but that's loud! When listening at lower volumes, the bass will sound weak so you turn on DEQ. Note that for non-film sources, DEQ can be too bassy. If so, that is cured by adjusting RLO.
post #5004 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyz View Post

Sound look for an app called Remote. Is an apple app
Pls let me know

Duh! Found it, got it, thnx!
post #5005 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post


Excellent idea. The instructions on proper bass management (raise xovers to 80, all speakers=Small) will help you get the most out of your speakers and sub. You'll hear nice, balanced reference SQ at reference levels-but that's loud! When listening at lower volumes, the bass will sound weak so you turn on DEQ. Note that for non-film sources, DEQ can be too bassy. If so, that is cured by adjusting RLO.

Mmm ok, but Just turn on DEQ at lower volumes?

I don't have very clear what RLO does. Default is 0, in case of music what is the best setting?
post #5006 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post


Duh! Found it, got it, thnx!

Great! I think that now you can get iTunes controlled from iPhone and send the audio to AVR.
I use that feature via ATV cause my 4310 is not AirPlay compatible...

Oops, I think I need to upgrade.

Pls let me know about your thoughts on AirPlay.
post #5007 of 5295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeemer View Post


Charlyz: Glad to hear that your 16/44.1 flac files are working ok, as they should. I was pretty sure that your problem was just trying to play hd flac files via ethernet or usb, which the 4310 doesn't do(but the 4311 does do). I guess the only explanation I can give for why it will play such files via hdmi and not ethernet or usb is that it has to be able to play hd streams via hdmi or it couldn't function with the hi-rez audio from a Blu-ray player. I am pretty sure the DAC's in the 4310 could handle the 24/96 flac files since they can handle other types of hi-rez files via hdmi, so perhaps its just a matter of software programming rather than hardware deficiencies. So SoundofMind, you should be good to go with your A100 as far as streaming 24/96 flac files (or pcm/wave) via the ethernet port or the usb ports, in addition to hdmi inputs. If you had a specific question about playing such files on your A100, please let me know and I will try to help as I couldn't quite separate your question from your comments to Charlyz. Anyway, I think the 4311/A100 are great AVR's, perhaps some of the best currently on the market, not only in terms of function, but also reliability.

Yes, I agree.
Regarding sound I haven't found differences between HDMI and Ethernet inputs.

BTW, I saw that I'm able to play ALAC files too via ethernet. The GUI shows the file like WAV, but plays well.

Just need to try a 24/96 ALAC to see if plays..
post #5008 of 5295
What is the going used price for a Denon 4310ci receiver in good condition? I have one for sale in classifieds and the bay but no bites or interest at all.
post #5009 of 5295
^^
That's likely a fair price, but although it's got better components then do the XX12 and XX13 "CI" models, it's only HDMI 1.3 and still only offers the same version of Audyssey MultEQ XT as do the comparably priced XX12 and XX13 "CI" models. You may have to wait a bit longer if you are set on that price.
post #5010 of 5295
I see that the new Denon 3313 is out now, but could not find if it can handle 24/96 flac files through its ethernet or usb ports. Does anyone know for sure? Further, does it even handle Redbook resolution flac files?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Denon AVR-4310CI Thread