or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Nintendo › Wii Motion-Plus Master Game List?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wii Motion-Plus Master Game List?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Has anyone started a Wii Motion-Plus Master Game List? Maybe this should be a "Sticky"?

Anyhow, I would like to find (or start) a list of games created for (or enhanced by) the new "Motion Plus" dongle. I see it in the stores, but have no idea which games are compatible for it. My Triplets birthday is coming up, and I would like to upgrade the system with the accessory; however, I want to get them and Uber-kewl game to go with it.

Thoughts & Comments?
post #2 of 18
I'm not sure how many M+-enabled games there'll end up being really, but a list could be handy anyway so why not. Mods don't come by here often so if you want it stickied you'd better PM one yourself. Anyway, here's the list of games that support it (via Wikipedia):

Available Now
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
-Grand Slam Tennis
-Virtua Tennis 2009

Coming Soon
-Wii Sports Resort

Coming Who Knows When
-Red Steel 2
-Kidz Sports
-Crazy Mini Golf
-Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked
-Academy of Champions
-Gladiator A.D.
-The Grinder
-Span Smasher
post #3 of 18
Well, from that list so far this isn't something I'm going to rush out and buy, and that makes me happy as I have most of my gaming money budgeted out as is.
post #4 of 18
Yeah, there's definitely no reason to run out and stock up on M+ dongles right now. Chances are when worthwhile stuff comes out it'll be bundled with it anyway.
post #5 of 18
Heard the next Zelda game will utilize it. Probably wont pick one up untill then.
post #6 of 18
Since Tiger 2010 is $49.99 and the Motion+ Tiger bundle is only 10 bucks more, I'd buy the bundle,but not something I would buy seperately or more than one without seeing more titles coming out to make it worth my while.
post #7 of 18
They need to make a baseball game with motion plus. It could very well be the best baseball game ever with 1-1 tracking.
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 View Post

They need to make a baseball game with motion plus. It could very well be the best baseball game ever with 1-1 tracking.

That would be absolutely great! One of my kids is a Baseball fanatic, and making a game seems like a no-brainer obvious use for the M+.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 View Post

They need to make a baseball game with motion plus. It could very well be the best baseball game ever with 1-1 tracking.

Unfortunately, 2K Sports is the only one with a standard MLB game for the Wii, and, so far, they've pretty much dropped the ball (pun intended) on both releases. Heck, they couldn't even put online mode in for their second version, so I somehow don't put much faith in them...
post #10 of 18
grinder is gonna be sick
post #11 of 18
I wonder if this Wii Motion Plus is going to be just another under-used peripheral for the Wii. Game developers can still make a profit shoveling out the shovel ware and half-assed games without doing any additional research to incorporate the technology.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by goheat View Post

Unfortunately, 2K Sports is the only one with a standard MLB game for the Wii, and, so far, they've pretty much dropped the ball (pun intended) on both releases. Heck, they couldn't even put online mode in for their second version, so I somehow don't put much faith in them...


OTOH, 2K's new NHL game for Wii is LOADED with stuff, including online play & M+ support.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot View Post

I wonder if this Wii Motion Plus is going to be just another under-used peripheral for the Wii. Game developers can still make a profit shoveling out the shovel ware and half-assed games without doing any additional research to incorporate the technology.

I think the success of TW PGA 10 & what looks to be another big seller - Resort (already HUGE in Japan, similar success in US seems likely), along w/ Red Steel 2 coming as a M+ - only game.....I'm thinking M+ will get well utilized.

But no, nothing is shovelware proof.
post #14 of 18
I'm not convinced. TW and WSR are getting a warm reception, but there simply isn't that much coming down the pike. Red Steel 2 is the only notable one coming down the pike and most impressions have said it's pretty mediocre. But at the very least, I'm sure you can count on a bunch of sports games supporting it every year.

That said, two games using it very well already is not a bad start. It'd indeed be a shame if M+ goes mostly ignored from now on, but it'd be almost as bad if it's shoehorned into games that don't need the added precision. At the end of the day it's a neat peripheral that adds a lot to the games it comes with, for a minimal/no premium. Considering a lot of us have shelled out over $200 in Rock Band/Guitar Hero peripherals over the years, that really doesn't seem so bad even if it's never used again.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

I'm not convinced. TW and WSR are getting a warm reception, but there simply isn't that much coming down the pike. Red Steel 2 is the only notable one coming down the pike and most impressions have said it's pretty mediocre. But at the very least, I'm sure you can count on a bunch of sports games supporting it every year.

That said, two games using it very well already is not a bad start. It'd indeed be a shame if M+ goes mostly ignored from now on, but it'd be almost as bad if it's shoehorned into games that don't need the added precision. At the end of the day it's a neat peripheral that adds a lot to the games it comes with, for a minimal/no premium. Considering a lot of us have shelled out over $200 in Rock Band/Guitar Hero peripherals over the years, that really doesn't seem so bad even if it's never used again.

If anyone is gonna implement it properly & regularly, it'll be Nintendo themselves. There has been talk that the next Zelda will use M+, but yet to be confirmed.

Probably won't turn up in typical shooter fare at all - IR based aiming works just fine. But yeah - likely to be seen mainly on sports games & more original, M+ based ideas. Could be an element of fighting games (High Voltage having talked about Gladiator AD being an M+ title) if implemented properly.

Will say that seeing M+ track my hand/arm movemnts durng the frisbee stuff is flat out awesome. IN Resprt swordplay, the sword also senses when you twist the Wiimote itself - lightsabers might just rock w/ M+!!

In the end, though - you are correct. M+ is a pretty paltry investment in an accessory when compared to what most (at least I) spend on RockBand crap - instruments, DLC & whatnot.
post #16 of 18
This game totally needs M+ support to be interesting. I wonder if M+ is available in Wiiware?
post #17 of 18
I believe No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle will utilize MotionPlus.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo View Post

Red Steel 2 is the only notable one coming down the pike and most impressions have said it's pretty mediocre. .

http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1016202p1.html

Granted, this is a report for Matt C, perhaps IGN's biggest Ninty fanboy.....but this new hands on of RS2 @ Gamescon sounds very promising. Well worth a read.

The delay to early 2010 sounds like a good thing - Ubisoft making sure the final release is solid. Also nice to see a 3rd party game pulling off things like never dipping below 60 fps, even during manic/busy visuals.

Also nice to hear that they are also "ripping off" Conduit's control configuation ability - with M+ as the icing on the cake. Among the options - which allow you to test them in game just like Conduit - are M+ sensitivity sliders along with your X/Y axis, dead zone, turn speed, etc FPS tweaks.

One quote from the article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Casamassina, IGN.com View Post

As you can imagine, with controls that you can define very specifically and a rock-solid 60 frames per second fluidity, Red Steel 2 finally hums along and responds at the pace such a high caliber Wii game deserves, and I'm positive that if you liked the setup in Medal of Honor Heroes 2, you will similarly appreciate the configuration for Ubisoft's latest. Any reservations I had about control or pace with regard to this stylized sequel have been tossed out the window.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nintendo
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Nintendo › Wii Motion-Plus Master Game List?