or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Alien Prequel - Prometheus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alien Prequel - Prometheus - Page 24

post #691 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeske View Post

odd, i thought he settled on pg long ago with a promise of the real deal on bd. Why fight the land of the 40 million dollar blow job investigation. It's futile. Hell, we're used to it

LOL...well, that is a good point.
post #692 of 2359
release it unrated. if it's as good as the hype, people will come no matter what the rating. if it's as scary as it sounds seems clear only children (not adolescents) need to be screened.
post #693 of 2359
This is an R rated film, being forced into the PG-13 category through massive cuts and the lovely new method of digitally erasing things that are offensive, like blood and erect nipples that poke through shirts.

I kid you not. That is what's happening with the film.
post #694 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

lovely new method of digitally erasing things that are offensive, like blood and erect nipples that poke through shirts.

Seriously?

Now just the shape a of a nipple drives an R rating?

Just one of the many reasons much of the world laughs at us behind our backs.

BTW,
I can see that all over my office complex when the air conditioning is on high.
post #695 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

This is an R rated film, being forced into the PG-13 category through massive cuts and the lovely new method of digitally erasing things that are offensive, like blood and erect nipples that poke through shirts.

I kid you not. That is what's happening with the film.

So, no chance for bloody, erect nipples?
post #696 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post


So, no chance for bloody, erect nipples?

Now that there is just a cryin' shame. I think ol' Ridley needs a face hugger to slap some R rated sense into him.
post #697 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Now that there is just a cryin' shame. I think ol' Ridley needs a face hugger to slap some R rated sense into him.

Yeah!
We saw what happened to the bunny.
post #698 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

This is an R rated film, being forced into the PG-13 category through massive cuts and the lovely new method of digitally erasing things that are offensive, like blood and erect nipples that poke through shirts.

I kid you not. That is what's happening with the film.

I have every confidence Ridley will grace us with Charlize's fine Ancestral Dutch Temperature Converters in the first quarter of 2013.

The MPAA's refusal to eliminate the large elephant has been over discussed and it's boring.

No offence intended btw
post #699 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Yeah!
We saw what happened to the bunny.

Lol. I have no idea what bunny you're referring to. The Easter bunny? Bugs Bunny?
post #700 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Lol. I have no idea what bunny you're referring to. The Easter bunny? Bugs Bunny?

See post #682 in this very thread. Great image!
post #701 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

See post #682 in this very thread. Great image!

That's awesome!
post #702 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

see post #682 in this very thread. Great image!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waboman View Post

that's awesome!:d

+1
post #703 of 2359
Creepy android viral video for Prometheus: Happy Birthday David

post #704 of 2359
Why don't they just call it like it is, Replicant!
post #705 of 2359
I wasn't a fan of the Ted talk video (the performance was unconvincing, too mannered compared to actual Ted talks). But this new "David" video was very well done!
post #706 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

Creepy android viral video for Prometheus: Happy Birthday David


Well, I can't lie to you about your chances, but......

Looking good so far
post #707 of 2359
Perhaps some of you will enjoy this great interview with Jon Spaihts. Credit falls where politics lie, so keep the original writer in mind and consider why DL was brought in.... to 'PG' the script.

One point of interest was that Shadow 19 Sold. Likely it will never be produced, but it was a good story IMO and easy to acquire.

http://collider.com/jon-spaihts-prom...erview/157982/
post #708 of 2359
post #709 of 2359
1080 version at Apple - the chair frames are amazing
post #710 of 2359
Looks like good news on the ratings front!

http://perezhilton.com/2012-04-28-pr...g#.T5ykL47oTpQ

Fox studio chief Tom Rothman has declared Prometheus won't be cut to soften it to get a PG rating. They'll take whatever rating it gets:

Tom Rothman quote:

"The rating board has not opened yet and it will go in to the board soon. This I can tell you and I can tell all the fans, not one frame will be cut. The movie will be what it should be. We will not cut a frame of the film. We will stand behind it 100 percent and if that means it's an R, then so be it, because not an ounce, not a percentage are we going to compromise the film."

There is hope...
post #711 of 2359
Phoenix's performance aside, the Romans were very creepy people to begin with.
I would be willing to bet anyone today that stoked up a Time Machine would be most unhappy after a quick trip to Rome.

post #712 of 2359
So far, two of the year's highly anticipated/hyped movies ('The Hunger Games' and 'The Avengers') have delivered the goods for me. I'm hoping Prometheus will do the same.
post #713 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

Looks like good news on the ratings front!

http://perezhilton.com/2012-04-28-pr...g#.T5ykL47oTpQ

There is hope...

Yes there is! I'm very happy to hear this!
post #714 of 2359
The thing is, that article is not exactly honest because Rothman is not being honest. The MPAA has rated it R three times so far. It's being kept quiet because the studios understand how nasty things will get if word gets out cuts are being made. From what I can see with this article, they now understand that they will likely get an R no matter what they do and that means if no PG-13 can be had, Ridley Scott can release whatever cut he desires, as bloody as he desires, with no compromises.

If it released with an R and the film is good, and if it does well, then that is much needed ammo for adult filmmaking to continue.
post #715 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

If it released with an R and the film is good, and if it does well, then that is much needed ammo for adult filmmaking to continue.

I hope thats exactly what happens Matt. I am so sick and tired of movies not being what they should be because they are made milder to get a PG rating dammit.
post #716 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_stevens View Post

if it released with an r and the film is good, and if it does well, then that is much needed ammo for adult filmmaking to continue.

well said!
post #717 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post


If it released with an R and the film is good, and if it does well, then that is much needed ammo for adult filmmaking to continue.

Yes!

Cthulhu, please let it be so...

post #718 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

The thing is, that article is not exactly honest because Rothman is not being honest. The MPAA has rated it R three times so far. It's being kept quiet because the studios understand how nasty things will get if word gets out cuts are being made. From what I can see with this article, they now understand that they will likely get an R no matter what they do and that means if no PG-13 can be had, Ridley Scott can release whatever cut he desires, as bloody as he desires, with no compromises.

If it released with an R and the film is good, and if it does well, then that is much needed ammo for adult filmmaking to continue.

Good post!
post #719 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

then that is much needed ammo for adult filmmaking to continue.

Huh?
I looked it up via Google and what came out was... well...
post #720 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruiser View Post

Huh?
I looked it up via Google and what came out was... well...

Yeah, Yeah.

It's a damn shame that the term "made for adults" assumes a certain connotation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Alien Prequel - Prometheus