or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Antimode 8033
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Antimode 8033 - Page 5

post #121 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang View Post

if the 8033c will ping dual subs individually and apply individual delay and calibration?

Both/all subs are connected to the same output in Anti-Mode, so they act in unison, also during calibration.

Creating individual corrections isn't useful. You really want to calibrate the subs as a system, because this will create the smoothest response. The nulls of one sub usually do not coincide with the nulls of the other sub, so they can be compensated better. All that matters is the overall response at the listening position, not how many subs are used or where they are located.

Individual delays would be beneficial in some cases, but should not be that critical. After all, the sound has always bounced multiple times in the room when you sense it, so what sounds should you match is a good question (because the first bounce has higher amplitude than the direct sound).
post #122 of 554
Should I get an 8033 or a new receiver with Audyssey XT32? I currently have no sort of sub EQ ability since MCACC doesn't do anything to the LFE channel. Of course the cost is much different, but will one be better than the other or do something the other won't? Thanks.
post #123 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Should I get an 8033 or a new receiver with Audyssey XT32? I currently have no sort of sub EQ ability since MCACC doesn't do anything to the LFE channel. Of course the cost is much different, but will one be better than the other or do something the other won't? Thanks.

An AVR with XT32 and Sub EQ HT will handle dual, non-identical woofers better as it will support independent level and delay settings.
post #124 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Should I get an 8033 or a new receiver with Audyssey XT32?

I would get the receiver with MultEQxt32 (which includes Sub EQ HT). As Kal mentioned, calibration (setting level and distance) is done independently for each sub but room correction (equalization) is done for the interaction of both subs together (since that's how you'll hear them anyway).
post #125 of 554
I am sure you realize this, but a receiver with MultEQ XT32 will cost about 4x that of the 8033. With that being said, if I had the option to choose between the 2, no doubt I would choose the MultEQ XT32, as it is a superior product. If I only had 1 sub and money was a factor, the 8033 is a great choice.
post #126 of 554
This morning I was checking out receivers with MultEQ XT32 and they approach $2K and up in prices. But it is definetly a powerful tool for ppl with multiples subs- and even dis-simlair ones with the .2 LFE outputs. It will definetly be my next receiver upgrade when the prices come down... much .
post #127 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang View Post

as it is a superior product.

Has someone made an actual comparison test to see what the difference is?

(I'm still waiting to see the second ever AS-EQ1 waterfall on the net, so perhaps I keep asking too much )
post #128 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang View Post

I am sure you realize this, but a receiver with MultEQ XT32 will cost about 4x that of the 8033. With that being said, if I had the option to choose between the 2, no doubt I would choose the MultEQ XT32, as it is a superior product. If I only had 1 sub and money was a factor, the 8033 is a great choice.

Both Kal and Sanjay responded to my post and eluded to XT32 being superior for multiple subs, but I didn't mention anything about multiples in my question. But thanks to them, anyway.

I only need EQ'ing for one sub, and the receiver I was looking at is around the 14-$1500 area (last night it was going for $1150 ). Sure, it's more money, but it does have some features that my Pioneer SC-27 doesn't, in addition to helping smooth out the FR of my room in the LFE region.

Does XT32 and the 8033 use exactly the same means to tame room problems? Do they simply have filters for various frequencies or something else? I hate it when I have to ask questions...
post #129 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Both Kal and Sanjay responded to my post and eluded to XT32 being superior for multiple subs, but I didn't mention anything about multiples in my question. But thanks to them, anyway.

You are welcome, anyway.

Quote:


Does XT32 and the 8033 use exactly the same means to tame room problems?

Similar in principle but differ greatly in implementation. The 8033 limits the number of microphone measurement positions, does not include level/distance adjustments and does not give you any graphic/numerical feedback on what it does. It does offer 2 LF boost settings. XT32 offers up to 32 measurement positions, sets level/distance, provides a crude graphic readout of results and, most importantly, will integrate sub(s) with main channels.

Quote:


Do they simply have filters for various frequencies or something else? I hate it when I have to ask questions...

I suggest you consult their respective websites for a more precise and accurate description than can be offered here.
post #130 of 554
8033 will get rid of peaks very very well. Xt32 with sub EQ will hand both peaks and valleys. Not sure how xt32 compares with 8033 for evening out peaks. 8033 is much simpler to use.
post #131 of 554
^ Gotcha. Thanks again, Kal.
post #132 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

8033 will get rid of peaks very very well. Xt32 with sub EQ will hand both peaks and valleys. Not sure how xt32 compares with 8033 for evening out peaks. 8033 is much simpler to use.

So, basically, there's no need for an Antimode if you have XT32...would that be a correct statement?
post #133 of 554
Probably so. Depends if the anti mode is much better at getting rid of peaks. You can run the anti mode1st and then xt32 this works well in my system. I just do not know if I am gaining anything with the antimode.
post #134 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Does XT32 and the 8033 use exactly the same means to tame room problems?

Not exactly, but at the core both measure the impulse response of the room and try to pin-point what needs to be done, then create digital filters to counter-act the combined subwoofer and room response. Nothing magical, but the accuracy (and robustness) of measurement and analysis is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Do they simply have filters for various frequencies or something else?

'Various frequencies' is not enough to cure room modes. There are no fixed frequencies, there is no N-band equalizer. Both actually design custom filters to exactly (or as accurately as possible) match the center frequencies, widths and gains of the modes. If these parameters are not matched accurately, the time-domain performance aka decay times (can be seen in waterfall graphs) will suffer. You want to get consistent decay time across the spectrum, as that translates to snappy non-lagging bass.

People adjusting their BFD's with REW can tell you that getting the center frequencies even 1Hz off will be audible and you can make the response much worse if you are not paying close attention to what happens in the time domain. This is why the waterfall graphs are so interesting. You can use them to see how accurately the room modes have been matched.
post #135 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I would find the quiet on/off very useful as everytime the power goes out (even for several seconds) in my area there is a loud thump from my sub as the 8033C powers back up. In my area power goes out frequently mostly for just a few seconds. I keep my 8033C powered on at all times (so there is no thump) but there is nothing I can do when the power goes out. The quiet on/off would also be a big benefit for those that do not want to leave the 8033 powered up at all times.

Bill

Exactly the same here. I plan to put my 8033 on an UPS when I purchase one for the projector. It's pretty loud when it pops on/off.
post #136 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

8033 will get rid of peaks very very well. Xt32 with sub EQ will hand both peaks and valleys. Not sure how xt32 compares with 8033 for evening out peaks. 8033 is much simpler to use.

From what I understand true room nulls are next to impossible for a DSP to correct.
post #137 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post

I plan to put my 8033 on an UPS when I purchase one for the projector. It's pretty loud when it pops on/off.

The new Anti-Mode 8033S is quite silent in power up/down.
post #138 of 554
Thanks, that was already answered.
post #139 of 554
So, if I have two subs in two different locations, do I need two of these? Will they work in conjunction with each other?
post #140 of 554
If the subs are equidistant from seating position then one unit should be enough.
post #141 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post

So, if I have two subs in two different locations, do I need two of these?

You only need one.

You get best results if the subs are in symmetrical positions in the room and from your listening position. But because Anti-Mode measures the combined response, symmetry is not a requirement.
post #142 of 554
This little device is amazing.

And I have to say, placing an order on NYE at 6 PM and having it delivered by noon today is mighty impressive.

Kudos to SimpliFi.
post #143 of 554
Hey guys, I have a like new Antimode 8033 for sale. I will sell it for $200 shipped. It has worked great from me, but I am planning on going more elaborate with mutiple subs and i am going to need a few BFD's instead.

Please PM me is you are interested.
post #144 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post

Hey guys, I have a like new Antimode 8033 for sale. I will sell it for $200 shipped. It has worked great from me, but I am planning on going more elaborate with mutiple subs and i am going to need a few BFD's instead.

Please PM me is you are interested.

I am thinking of adding an antimode to my Epik Legend. Do you think it will be a good addition to my audissey mult-eq?
post #145 of 554
I'm thinking about get antimode to help me control some booming coming from my sub. I tried moving the sub around the room and also lowering the volume on the sub. Will the antimode help me fix this problem. My receiver is the pioneer 1120 if that helps.
post #146 of 554
PM or email me if you are selling a 8033c. Thanks.

Pharmdpjt@gmail.com
post #147 of 554
I have an onkyo 905 (multiXT) and a Danley DTS-10. In the past I've been doing the manual EQ with a BFD but I don't have the time nor desire to redo everything everytime I move something an inch. Will the Antimode effectively replace the BFD you think?

Thanks!
post #148 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondino View Post

I have an onkyo 905 (multiXT) and a Danley DTS-10. In the past I've been doing the manual EQ with a BFD but I don't have the time nor desire to redo everything everytime I move something an inch. Will the Antimode effectively replace the BFD you think?

Thanks!

I replaced a BFD with an Antimode and it worked very well for me. I haven't had time to do much more than very basic measurements, but it does sound subjectively better. It also got rid of a weird low level hum whenever there was no sound output from the receiver (when muted or beggining playback from DVR).
post #149 of 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondino View Post
I have an onkyo 905 (multiXT) and a Danley DTS-10. In the past I've been doing the manual EQ with a BFD but I don't have the time nor desire to redo everything everytime I move something an inch. Will the Antimode effectively replace the BFD you think?

Thanks!
The antimode would be much easier to use. Just push the button.
post #150 of 554
Hi

I have a Denon 4810 which my sub is connected to (M&K 125MkII) and before I purchased and ran anitmode, Audyssey has correctly detected distance as 2.0m to my listening position. But after I purchased and ran antimode and then Audyssey set up, the distance has increased to 3.6m

Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Antimode 8033