I finally got my 2310 and hooked it up last night, it is replacing a 3802. My speakers are 6 Anthony Gallo A'Divas and an Energy ES-8 sub. Connecting everything went very quickly, except for accidentally plugging in my subwoofer to the sub ext in connector, which I discovered when I started the Audyssey setup and no sub was detected. Thanks to this thread and batpig's guide I knew exactly what to expect.
Before I started calibration I connected to my subs direct input, bypassing the crossover and gain controls. I went through all 6 measurement locations before realizing that it was being trimmed to -12, so I plan on doing another full run this weekend. For now, I switched back to the normal input and adjusted the gain by ear because I was being overwhelmed by bass.
Initial impressions are very good. Audyssey and particularly Dynamic Eq really have a huge impact on the sound in my room. I have always felt that my small speakers were overly bright and the calibration seems to have tamed this and gave a little more weight to the sound. This is especially noticeable in center dialog which seems much more full.
Surrounds are much more active at normal listening levels, but not overly distracting. Directional cues are much more noticeable. The was very evident while playing Comet Crash on PS3, which has a very bass heavy active soundtrack. Because of the overbearing soundtrack I have always played this game with the volume turned way down which resulted in very little surround activity. When I first put it on I thought the balance was off to one side and I realized it was because my ship was hovering towards one side of the board, flying to the other side smoothly panned the sound over there. I could tell almost exactly where I was on screen based on the sound alone.
I didn't have too much time to really put things to the test with blu-ray content, but a quick sampling of Harry Potter was very impressive.
GUI/Volume overlay are very nice to have. Nothing fancy, but a whole lot nicer than my old receiver which required me to dedicate an input on my tv just for the menu. The 3802 setup on my MX-800 remote is working perfectly. I only need to add a few buttons to directly access the Audyssey features and make a few small changes to my macros and I'm back in business.
I played around with the video scaling options and scaling the output of my Tivo HD to 1080p resulted in noise at the top edge of the picture. I have my TV set to not overscan and I prefer to leave it this way, so I disabled scaling for HDMI inputs.
I'll report back after my new Audyssey run and more testing, but as you can tell I am very happy so far.