or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Warehouse 13 on Syfy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Warehouse 13 on Syfy - Page 15

post #421 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

One time I put on Lincoln's hat and tried to free Mrs. Frederic. Classic. Monday was a good night for tv. I DVR'd that Alphas show but haven't watched it yet. Is it up there with Eureka and WH13?

I was slow to pick up on that one. For some reason, I got Frederick Douglas in my head and thought he was talking about his wife - then I thought, wait - that would be Mrs. Douglas. Then my wife pointed it out....

after thinking "what an idiot I am" - I finally got to enjoy L'ing MAO at the line.
post #422 of 666
Claudia's Prius commercial was a little off-putting, but my wife was laughing pretty hard during that whole monolog. I asked her whaat was so funny, and she said that she could actually see her saying all that about someone's car. It was, to her at least, almost totally in character.

Whatever.

The Zeus/Hera thing was really funny.

The $20,000 pyramid line should have been scrubbed!

What did Myka do to her hair?
post #423 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Claudia's Prius commercial was a little off-putting, but my wife was laughing pretty hard during that whole monolog. I asked her whaat was so funny, and she said that she could actually see her saying all that about someone's car. It was, to her at least, almost totally in character.
I didn't mind the commercial. It was quick and painless. It did fit her character IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Whatever.

The Zeus/Hera thing was really funny.
I thought there would be more to that story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
The $20,000 pyramid line should have been scrubbed!
I laughed. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
What did Myka do to her hair?
To me her hair had that, "I just made out with you, now let's do it" look to it.
post #424 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

I am becoming a big fan of the 6 and 7 episode European series concept. Seems to me that American series creators have problems with developing enough story line for 11 to 13 episodes. In the old days they could fall back on formula but that doesn't work so well anymore (hint: your audiences aren't as dumbed down as you think they are).

Since I DVR'd Syfy I watched "Alphas" first then "Warehouse 13". It was a pleasant relief from the stiff "Alphas". "Eureka" is always a dessert show for me and I may watch it tonight.

Just the opposite for me. Too long between series, so I spend the first episode trying to figure out what happened to who, etc. I think it makes it more difficult to stay in tune with a series.
post #425 of 666
I have long advocated the shorter series concept as being a compromise to get us more risk-taking and complete stories. The 20+ episode seasons that sometimes were cut short when a show was cancelled are a problem.

But giving 6 or 12 episodes and running all of them... that works fine for me, and lets the producers complete a storyline.

What I don't like, however... is that during the long hiatus... it's as if the show doesn't exist.

Try and tell a friend to watch Eureka or Warehouse 13, for example... during the hiatus. It is next to impossible for any new fan to pick up these shows because Syfy doesn't run them! We sometimes get a Labor Day or 4th of July marathon of a few episodes.. but that's it.

So it is hard to grow the fanbase when you get your 6-12 episodes and then nothing... not even a repeat for a whole year. The fans come back... but new fans are hard to grab because next thing you know it is here and you don't know what is going on because you couldn't catch-up during the hiatus.

I wish Syfy would start running older seasons... even if they did it at off hours for people with DVRs... at least give new fans a chance to catch up.
post #426 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I have long advocated the shorter series concept as being a compromise to get us more risk-taking and complete stories. The 20+ episode seasons that sometimes were cut short when a show was cancelled are a problem.

But giving 6 or 12 episodes and running all of them... that works fine for me, and lets the producers complete a storyline.

What I don't like, however... is that during the long hiatus... it's as if the show doesn't exist.

Try and tell a friend to watch Eureka or Warehouse 13, for example... during the hiatus. It is next to impossible for any new fan to pick up these shows because Syfy doesn't run them! We sometimes get a Labor Day or 4th of July marathon of a few episodes.. but that's it.

So it is hard to grow the fanbase when you get your 6-12 episodes and then nothing... not even a repeat for a whole year. The fans come back... but new fans are hard to grab because next thing you know it is here and you don't know what is going on because you couldn't catch-up during the hiatus.

I wish Syfy would start running older seasons... even if they did it at off hours for people with DVRs... at least give new fans a chance to catch up.

Good point. I was lucky enough to discover Eureka when they were running old episodes, so I was able to catch up, but most people won't be that fortunate. They have been few and far between since then.
post #427 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Because of what it reveals about a particular character. Just in case for people who DVR'd it and hadn't watched the opening episode. I thought it couldn't hurt.

Yeah, but, if you're silly enough to jump in here before watching the latest episode ... you kind of *deserve* to be spoiled. This tidbit wasn't even a preview. If we follow your example, we might as well just close the thread.
post #428 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

Good point. I was lucky enough to discover Eureka when they were running old episodes, so I was able to catch up, but most people won't be that fortunate. They have been few and far between since then.

Eureka is one of those shows I was fortunate enough to catch from the beginning.

Warehouse 13, however, I wasn't sure from the previews if I would like it... so I DVRed the whole first season before I watched any episodes. I lost a bunch of recordings on that hard drive, but fortunately not the Warehouse 13 ones... or I might never have been able to catch up on this show.
post #429 of 666
This last episode was pretty good. The new guy "Jinxy" is fitting in well. His interaction with Cluadia was really enjoyable too. Mikah looks really good this season so far. A little mini makeover almost.
post #430 of 666
I thought Cluadia's "I'm in charge as the senior agent" dance was very funny. Pete regressing seemed more mature than Pete "current age".
post #431 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageone79 View Post

This last episode was pretty good. The new guy "Jinxy" is fitting in well. His interaction with Cluadia was really enjoyable too. Mikah looks really good this season so far. A little mini makeover almost.

The hair pulled straight back look, like Anna Torv in Fringe, isn't as attractive to me as the looser look, for both women. Anna Torv looks twice as hot as the alternate Olivia in Fringe, and I like Kelly's look with the new do.
post #432 of 666
http://news.makemeheal.com/celebrity...astic-surgery/

I have definitely noticed the mouth/lips aren't so pronounced this year, which looks much better to me.
post #433 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageone79 View Post

This last episode was pretty good. The new guy "Jinxy" is fitting in well. His interaction with Cluadia was really enjoyable too. Mikah looks really good this season so far. A little mini makeover almost.

I agree, Jinxy or Mr. Poopy-pants, is fitting in better than I had thought he would. I always thought Myka was hot and kinda sassy.
post #434 of 666
Comic-Con 2011 Notes
'Warehouse 13' Executive Producer Talks H.G. Wells Spinoff, Cast Teases What's to Come
By Philiana Ng, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - July 22nd, 2011

Syfy's Warehouse 13 made a splash at Comic-Con on Friday afternoon, with cast members Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly showcasing the ensemble's on-set banter to the Ballroom 20 crowd.

Executive producer Jack Kenny addressed the potential H.G. Wells spinoff, which The Hollywood Reporter broke in May, saying that the project is in "very early planning stages" but has "gotten Syfy interested in the notion." The where and the when of the project is very much still in the works, Kenny said.

The session was light on any groundbreaking spoilers or developments, but Kenny and company (which included Alison Scagliotti, Saul Rubinek and moderator Neil Grayston) did reveal some of what's to come in the next several episodes -- and a few tricks of the trade:

Rubinek, who plays the warehouse manager Artie, revealed that there were three phases of acting on the Warehouse 13 set: schmacting (acting in front of a green screen), acting and facting (giving out exposition).

When asked what his ideal artifact would be and what its powers would hold, Rubinek blasted the current Nielsen ratings system: "To measure the true size of our audience and not just what the Nielsen ratings say. ... I look at the ratings and say, 'They're not counting a lot of people.' "

"Two days before the table read, we found Aaron Ashmore," Kenny said of the new addition Steve Jinks to the show. "He's got a different energy than everyone else."

Each episode this season will have a different tone from the last one, Kenny teased.

Scagliotti, who plays Claudia, said that her favorite episode yet to air is one
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
set inside a video game, in which Rubinek's character is a Monty Python version of himself and Scagliotti plays five different versions of her alter ego.


Kenny directed the upcoming Christmas episode, which Rubinek said was the funnest episode in three years.

McClintock, or Pete on the show, was consistently mistaken for David Boreanaz and Craig Scheffer.

Will we ever see Mrs. Frederic's husband?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Possibly next year," Kenny said. "She's so cool [that we] don't want to reveal too much just yet."


Kenny noted that viewers will see
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
past warehouses this season, including "a piece of Warehouse 9" and a bit of Warehouse 12.


In the Eureka/Warehouse 13 crossover episode,
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fargo (Grayston) tampers with an artifact that he doesn't know is an artifact,
Scagliotti teased when a fan asked whether the technology in artifacts would be explained at all in the near future.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ouse-13-214541
post #435 of 666
Well I wasn't sure if I was going to watch this season, last time was Joanne (Myka) leaving, OK she's back, and I'm still loving her.

I also thought that the "new guy" was coming and maybe falling in love with Myka, but we know that's not possible, I want "Peka"very much.. maybe he falls for Pete? haha

OMG last episode.. two of my biggest sci-fi loves in the same screen! Jeri and Joanne.. I thought I was dreaming.
post #436 of 666
I still haven't seen this week's episode, but last week's (w/ the drunk plot etc.) was hilarious and a return to form. I much prefer the lighter, wackier Warehouse 13, and the episode previous to last week's (where they mostly sat around and got deep with each other) was truly boring. I was worried that the tone of the show was changing, but it seems my fears were ill-founded.

Doug
post #437 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

I still haven't seen this week's episode, but last week's (w/ the drunk plot etc.) was hilarious and a return to form. I much prefer the lighter, wackier Warehouse 13...

Well then you'll love last night's episode.
post #438 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
Well I wasn't sure if I was going to watch this season, last time was Joanne (Myka) leaving, OK she's back, and I'm still loving her.

I also thought that the "new guy" was coming and maybe falling in love with Myka, but we know that's not possible, I want "Peka"very much.. maybe he falls for Pete? haha

OMG last episode.. two of my biggest sci-fi loves in the same screen! Jeri and Joanne.. I thought I was dreaming.
The last thing I want to see is Pete and Myka become a couple. I think their comic energy is just starting to come into its own. No better way to weigh that down than having them hook up. I think the comic "why are we waking up in the same bed?" gag was as close as I want for them to get to a "relationship" at this point.
post #439 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Well then you'll love last night's episode.
I watched it last night, and I did love it! It was a little mushy in places, so it wasn't as good as the "drunk" episode.

The CGI showing the inside of the Egyptian artifact was very well done.

Doug
post #440 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post
The last thing I want to see is Pete and Myka become a couple. I think their comic energy is just starting to come into its own. No better way to weigh that down than having them hook up. I think the comic "why are we waking up in the same bed?" gag was as close as I want for them to get to a "relationship" at this point.
How about Pete and Claudia hooking up? Ewww right?

How about Pete and Leena? less Ewwww.

Pete and Mrs. Frederic?

post #441 of 666
I have to laugh at the replies about the "hope" that Myka doesn't hook up with Pete. I'm sure she's saving herself, just like in the real world!
post #442 of 666
SyFy this close (fingers inches apart) to renewing "Warehouse 13" for another season: http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/syfy...-warehouse-13/.
post #443 of 666
Love it anytime HG is around. Hope they pursue the HG spinoff. Good to see Ianto from Torchwood(Gareth David Lloyd).

Best line of the night:

'Oh nobody wants to see that. You know what, I'm just gonna pretend we own a big dog'
post #444 of 666
I do love Ianto but it was a really cheesy episode! Not their best.
post #445 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post


'Oh nobody wants to see that. You know what, I'm just gonna pretend we own a big dog'

What? You don't want to waste any.
post #446 of 666
I hate to be the one who points out little inconsistencies in shows, especially this one that I enjoy so much. But I couldn't help noticing the PA license plate in the front of their Toyota SUV. PA only issues plates for the rear.



So there. I said it.
post #447 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageone79 View Post

I do love Ianto but it was a really cheesy episode! Not their best.

Definitely a cheesy episode.
post #448 of 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Love it anytime HG is around. Hope they pursue the HG spinoff. Good to see Ianto from Torchwood(Gareth David Lloyd).

It was practically a backdoor pilot for the spinoff. If this do make the spinoff I hope that Gareth David Lloyd will be in it.
post #449 of 666
I kinda assumed that is why he was on the episode to set them up as a duo for the pilot for her show.
post #450 of 666
That sounds like the pilot then might be set in her pre-bronzed time... leaving her to guest-star in modern times on Warehouse 13 perhaps.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Warehouse 13 on Syfy