or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Warehouse 13 on Syfy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Warehouse 13 on Syfy - Page 22

post #631 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Went into Myka, Jinks and Artie before heading off to spread around the world.
and now we're left holding until April 2013 for the rest.
FYI, I always pad the recordings - 1 minute before and one minute after - to allow for scheduling quirks.

This is one of those shows that has been running over for some time now on an irregular basis. I always add a minute after to ensure that I get the end. The recordings usually get cut off either right after or during the previews for the next episode.
post #632 of 665
I always record 3 mins after... and still some shows run over that, but not many!

The only negative I have about a show like this ending on a cliffhanger like that... is that you know the world isn't going to end, so it isn't much of a cliffhanger.

You may or may not kill off a main character... that can be a cliffhanger... but ending the world? That's not going to happen unless it was the next-to-final episode of the show. So you know they are going to fix things... just not how.

But will Artie die? maybe... Is Lena permanently dead? maybe... those are cliffhanger points.
post #633 of 665
New episode tonight.
post #634 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

This is one of those shows that has been running over for some time now on an irregular basis. I always add a minute after to ensure that I get the end. The recordings usually get cut off either right after or during the previews for the next episode.

the simpsons on FOX is a other where you need to start 1 minute early or you miss part of the opening.
post #635 of 665
So nice to see the show again.
post #636 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

So nice to see the show again.

Me too, but I was really hoping someone would've given Myka a hairbrush during the hiatus.biggrin.gif
post #637 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

Me too, but I was really hoping someone would've given Myka a hairbrush during the hiatus.biggrin.gif
Rofl
post #638 of 665
Couldn't they bring Lena back with another metronome-like artifact?
post #639 of 665
Maybe if they convert her to a flower?

Anyway nice product placement there, I gather SyFy is member of the NBC/Universal company? (they could have invented some other news network)
post #640 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Maybe if they convert her to a flower?

Anyway nice product placement there, I gather SyFy is member of the NBC/Universal company? (they could have invented some other news network)
Always was. Last season, they used NBC news man Lester Holt and MSNBC's Ed Schultz (as themselves) during an episode. Not unusual, as Brian Williams has made several appearances on scripted entertainment shows as himself.

(Used to be 'verboten' but after Walter Cronkite's famous cameo on 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show', I guess anything goes).
post #641 of 665
For a while, I thought that the Lena in Artie's mind was somehow going to be revealed as the last remaining part of her... and somehow Artie was locked inside his own mind trying to save Lena from permanently being dead.
post #642 of 665

Honestly I hope Lena stays gone.  They haven't done much with her character in the past couple years and I just find her annoying when they actually do have her on screen.

post #643 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Honestly I hope Lena stays gone.  They haven't done much with her character in the past couple years and I just find her annoying when they actually do have her on screen.

I can't say that I find her annoying, but I definitely agree that they haven't done much if anything with her character.
post #644 of 665
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). frown.gif

TV Notes
'Warehouse 13' Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
By Philiana Ng, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - May 16, 2013

Syfy has renewed Warehouse 13 for a fifth and final season.

Executive produced by Jack Kenny, the one-hour drama starring Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly is currently airing the rest of season 4.5, which wrapped production in late 2012.

Syfy, which just gave the expensive multiplatform drama Defiance a second season, has ordered six more episodes of Warehouse 13 to launch in early 2013 in order to wrap up the story, confirms The Hollywood Reporter. An official announcement is expected on Friday, May 17.

When THR spoke to Kenny in April, the showrunner revealed that he and the writers were already breaking stories in anticipation of a fifth-season pickup.

"Our marching order from Syfy is 'Think big,' " Kenny told THR at the time of the season five mandate. "Do all those episodes that you thought were too big to do before: bigger scenes, bigger excitement, take bigger chances."

Saul Rubinek and Allison Scagliotti co-star in the Universal Cable Productions series.

Warehouse 13 airs at 10 p.m. Mondays on Syfy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/warehouse-13-renewed-final-season-524163
post #645 of 665
Double post!
Edited by dad1153 - 5/17/13 at 12:12am
post #646 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). frown.gif

TV Notes
'Warehouse 13' Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
By Philiana Ng, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - May 16, 2013

Syfy has renewed Warehouse 13 for a fifth and final season.

Executive produced by Jack Kenny, the one-hour drama starring Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly is currently airing the rest of season 4.5, which wrapped production in late 2012.

Syfy, which just gave the expensive multiplatform drama Defiance a second season, has ordered six more episodes of Warehouse 13 to launch in early 2013 in order to wrap up the story, confirms The Hollywood Reporter. An official announcement is expected on Friday, May 17.

When THR spoke to Kenny in April, the showrunner revealed that he and the writers were already breaking stories in anticipation of a fifth-season pickup.

"Our marching order from Syfy is 'Think big,' " Kenny told THR at the time of the season five mandate. "Do all those episodes that you thought were too big to do before: bigger scenes, bigger excitement, take bigger chances."

Saul Rubinek and Allison Scagliotti co-star in the Universal Cable Productions series.

Warehouse 13 airs at 10 p.m. Mondays on Syfy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/warehouse-13-renewed-final-season-524163

Well, I guess it's better than nothing. Seems like a small amount of episodes for a season. I've always liked the show and hate to see it go. This season and the carryover for the astrolabe(sp?) didn't really pique my interest, but lately it seems like the show is more enjoyable, with Claudia and the Black and White episode the other night. I will hate to see it go, hope we get to see a bit more of HR before all is said and done. Hopefully they will at least get to finish the show the way they want to and don't get whacked off like Eureka did.
post #647 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Well, I guess it's better than nothing. Seems like a small amount of episodes for a season. I've always liked the show and hate to see it go. This season and the carryover for the astrolabe(sp?) didn't really pique my interest, but lately it seems like the show is more enjoyable, with Claudia and the Black and White episode the other night. I will hate to see it go, hope we get to see a bit more of HR before all is said and done. Hopefully they will at least get to finish the show the way they want to and don't get whacked off like Eureka did.

Agree. Why not just let them produce a full 13-episode season to finish it off?
post #648 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). frown.gif

TV Notes
'Warehouse 13' Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
By Philiana Ng, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - May 16, 2013

Syfy has renewed Warehouse 13 for a fifth and final season.

Executive produced by Jack Kenny, the one-hour drama starring Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly is currently airing the rest of season 4.5, which wrapped production in late 2012.

Syfy, which just gave the expensive multiplatform drama Defiance a second season, has ordered six more episodes of Warehouse 13 to launch in early 2013 in order to wrap up the story, confirms The Hollywood Reporter. An official announcement is expected on Friday, May 17.

When THR spoke to Kenny in April, the showrunner revealed that he and the writers were already breaking stories in anticipation of a fifth-season pickup.

"Our marching order from Syfy is 'Think big,' " Kenny told THR at the time of the season five mandate. "Do all those episodes that you thought were too big to do before: bigger scenes, bigger excitement, take bigger chances."

Saul Rubinek and Allison Scagliotti co-star in the Universal Cable Productions series.

Warehouse 13 airs at 10 p.m. Mondays on Syfy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/warehouse-13-renewed-final-season-524163
Just found out. Bummer but it has been a great run!
post #649 of 665
I posted hope we get to see more of HR, I meant HG.
post #650 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

Agree. Why not just let them produce a full 13-episode season to finish it off?
If they did, I'd expect that we'd end up with either 12 filler shows and a wrap up - or they would drag things out in an excruciatingly slow plod to the end.

I'm a show behind, but personally, I haven't seen anything that "demands" any closure. I felt that the premise allows for cast rotation. I've never felt that the show revolves around personal interactions but around the "artifacts".

.... or possibly the "Arty-facts"? Sorry, could not resist.smile.gif
post #651 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod7501 View Post

If they did, I'd expect that we'd end up with either 12 filler shows and a wrap up - or they would drag things out in an excruciatingly slow plod to the end.

I'm a show behind, but personally, I haven't seen anything that "demands" any closure. I felt that the premise allows for cast rotation. I've never felt that the show revolves around personal interactions but around the "artifacts".

.... or possibly the "Arty-facts"? Sorry, could not resist.smile.gif

Exact opposite for me, I thought the character interactions are what made the show for me, nice to have some interesting artifacts and some good story arcs, but the HG character and her whole arc wouldn't have been anything without Jaime Murray. I just think the characters are what make the show. As far as I know the show has always gotten pretty good ratings, so they whack it off with a very abbreviated season order, never have understood the thinking at Syfy or SciFi .... they will break the bank on Defiance and while I like it ok, so far I don't see anything so great that it deserves that much money, talk about cast overload, and where did the money go.
post #652 of 665
They meant early 2014 because it's 2013 already. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: The actual article does say 'early 2014'. Misquoted here.
post #653 of 665
Seems that Comcast owner NBC Universal is flailing about wondering "where did our audiences go?" Well, they aren't watching TV that's where. I find Warehouse a cutsie show for kids as if it has syrupy frosting all over it.
post #654 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Exact opposite for me, I thought the character interactions are what made the show for me, nice to have some interesting artifacts and some good story arcs, but the HG character and her whole arc wouldn't have been anything without Jaime Murray. I just think the characters are what make the show. As far as I know the show has always gotten pretty good ratings, so they whack it off with a very abbreviated season order, never have understood the thinking at Syfy or SciFi .... they will break the bank on Defiance and while I like it ok, so far I don't see anything so great that it deserves that much money, talk about cast overload, and where did the money go.

I agree. Many of the artifact plots seem interchangeable and nonsensical, and I often forget them as soon as the episode is over. But, I enjoy and remember the characters, except Jinxy. He still seems bland to me.
post #655 of 665
I just watched this week's episode last night. I thought it was outstanding. Both teams' plots were interesting, and Kelly Hu had a nice role. They seemed to break the budget w/ the effects, too. My daughter watched it for the first time, and I think we have a new fan. She said, "Maybe I should go back and watch this series, and then we watched the pilot on Netflix.

The only nonsensical plot device this week was Myka running away by herself to rescue the girl, thus putting herself in danger.
post #656 of 665
BTW, Jennifer Lynch directed that episode, Jamie Murry returned for a guest shot and "Annie" from "Copper" played the girl.
post #657 of 665
New show Monday April 14
post #658 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by vando45 View Post

New show Monday April 14

Rather strange showing tonight, they show the new one, immediately followed by the last show of last season. Why would they show them in reversed order. They all the time show the show leading up to the new one right before the new one starts and tonight they reverse them, just seems bass ackwards.

Anyway, good to see it back on again.
post #659 of 665
D'oh! I completely spaced this out and missed it. Will have to watch it on Syfy's website.
post #660 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

D'oh! I completely spaced this out and missed it. Will have to watch it on Syfy's website.

If you can wait, it's on again Wednesday morning at 8:00 am.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Warehouse 13 on Syfy