or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Franin HT - Page 41

post #1201 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Thanks. But even a broken clock is right twice a day.biggrin.gif

Sure is lol wink.gif
post #1202 of 1228
Not if it has a broken AM/PM indicator, too. smile.gif
post #1203 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Not if it has a broken AM/PM indicator, too. smile.gif

I was talking analog and you went digital.wink.gif
post #1204 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I was talking analog and you went digital.wink.gif

You mean they don't have analog AM/PM dials anymore? My watches have them.

Actually, I wasn't thinking analog or digital. But you may have a point. As long as this isn't the clock on any of the A/V gear, Franin's okay. That would be a pain to have to fix.
post #1205 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Nice upgrades Frank!  How many Oppo devices is that now--five? six?  You make me want to start an Oppo collection too man!!!  Also, those King Cobras are very very sexy.  I didn't know the King Cobra's color scheme was so..appealing.  I'm most of all happy that you realized the AV8801 wasn't a downgrade...that Denon Pre/Pro is a star of the pre-audyssey xt32 world, but the AV8801 is the Bieber to the Denon's Springstein. (I'm a fan of neither, so I hope I did not just commit sacrelige by mentioning the two in the same sentence. smile.gif

Good Lord man, you just compared Bieber to Springsteen lol? eek.gif

A more apt comparison would be that the Marantz is the Pacino to Denon's De Niro.
post #1206 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Good Lord man, you just compared Bieber to Springsteen lol? eek.gif

A more apt comparison would be that the Marantz is the Pacino to Denon's De Niro.

My daughter loves Bieber and One Direction. Thats all im hearing at the moment. Its killing me!!
post #1207 of 1228
Hey that's OK I'm in radio Disney mode now that my son is old enough to actually like music. frown.gif


tongue.gif
post #1208 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Hey that's OK I'm in radio Disney mode now that my son is old enough to actually like music. frown.gif


tongue.gif

I've never heard of Radio Disney what type of music do they play ?
post #1209 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I've never heard of Radio Disney what type of music do they play ?

I'll give you one hint. It ain't AC/DC.tongue.gif
post #1210 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I'll give you one hint. It ain't AC/DC.tongue.gif

Oh ok I guess more like Bon Jovi, Kiss and the most hardcore of them all The Wiggles ? biggrin.gif
post #1211 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Oh ok I guess more like Bon Jovi, Kiss and the most hardcore of them all The Wiggles ? biggrin.gif

Fruit salad. Yummy-yummy.biggrin.gif

Seen the Wiggles twice in concert. C'mon!
post #1212 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Fruit salad. Yummy-yummy.biggrin.gif

Seen the Wiggles twice in concert. C'mon!

Never seen them in concert, too hardcore for the kids tongue.gif
post #1213 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Never seen them in concert, too hardcore for the kids tongue.gif

They're not for the faint of heart.biggrin.gif
post #1214 of 1228
Frank if you've heard of Kidz Bop you'll know the kind of "music" they play on Radio Disney.
post #1215 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Frank if you've heard of Kidz Bop you'll know the kind of "music" they play on Radio Disney.

I've never heard of that, I don't think we ever get it here. The only Disney I know is Saturday Disney which plays shows like Wizards if Waverely place etc
post #1216 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

They're not for the faint of heart.biggrin.gif

Have you seen them now the original cast apart from the blue wiggle are not there anymore. The have retired replaced by a younger generation of wiggles.
post #1217 of 1228
Wiggles? Kidz Bop? Saturday Disney? tongue.gifrolleyes.gif You guys are killing me!
post #1218 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejusted View Post

Wiggles? Kidz Bop? Saturday Disney? tongue.gifrolleyes.gif You guys are killing me!

All that's missing is a KidSongz cassette tape being digitized and played via usb flash drive through Frank's audiophile-grade system. We want our kidsongz!

 

What, praytell, is a Wiggle?

post #1219 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejusted View Post

Wiggles? Kidz Bop? Saturday Disney? tongue.gifrolleyes.gif You guys are killing me!

Part of being a father smile.gif
post #1220 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

All that's missing is a KidSongz cassette tape being digitized and played via usb flash drive through Frank's audiophile-grade system. We want our kidsongz!

What, praytell, is a Wiggle?


Here you go the Wiggles :
post #1221 of 1228
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'd never let Jake watch that. Something about it.... eek.gif


biggrin.gif
post #1222 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'd never let Jake watch that. Something about it.... eek.gif


biggrin.gif

Definitely not big in our house.
post #1223 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Who needs a fancy red sports car for their mid life crisis.biggrin.gif Congrats on all the new gear, mate. Your rack is looking sexy. Don't get to say that to a guy very often.wink.gif

I agree cars don't do it for me same with cables they really don't do it for me either. On the other hand brand new speakers oh yes, SONUS FABER ELIPSA SE hopefully my next birthday smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Yeah, we got shafted with the XT32 lite version. Chalk it up to a learning experience. Albeit, an expensive learning experience.

This hobby is very expensive especially when you are addicted, like we all are smile.gif
post #1224 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

I agree cars don't do it for me same with cables they really don't do it for me either. On the other hand brand new speakers oh yes, SONUS FABER ELIPSA SE hopefully my next birthday smile.gif

Cables don't do it for me either they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Sonus Faber looks nice.

Quote:
This hobby is very expensive especially when you are addicted, like we all are smile.gif
Your right it can be very expensive and addictive but Im learning to control the temptations.
post #1225 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Your right it can be very expensive and addictive but Im learning to control the temptations.

It can be expensive. I don't consider it a hobby but more of an interest, and yet I've spent a lot of money over the last 5 years and shudder to think what my bank account would look like now had I not. It started with the TV back in July 2008.

But part of that spending deluge was to put together a nice system that would serve for the long haul. I think I have that now, but as mentioned elsewhere I wonder if I should replace my speakers before I get to retirement, when I would likely not be able to afford it should they break; I've had them 20 years. You, Franin, have put together a really good system and don't need to buy anything more, only repair or replace as necessary. "Controlling the temptations" is a good start on reining things in.
post #1226 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post


But part of that spending deluge was to put together a nice system that would serve for the long haul. I think I have that now, but as mentioned elsewhere I wonder if I should replace my speakers before I get to retirement, when I would likely not be able to afford it should they break; I've had them 20 years.

It does make sense Charles in purchasing new speakers especially as you say if the original ones you have do break after going in retirement. You have nice gear Charles you will definitely enjoy your retirement sitting back and listening to music.
Quote:
You, Franin, have put together a really good system and don't need to buy anything more, only repair or replace as necessary. "Controlling the temptations" is a good start on reining things in.

Your right Charles there is no need to buy anything more. Like you I was looking at other speakers but I realised I dont listen to 2 channel anymore. I prefer to sit back and watch a movie every night and my Focal Electras are more than enough for the task.
post #1227 of 1228
Hi,mate.Glad that you enjoy 8801.I never have a chance to audition this pre-processor.Should I upgrade my AVP(not modified yet) to 8801?Thank in advance.smile.gif
post #1228 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by butsu View Post

Hi,mate.Glad that you enjoy 8801.I never have a chance to audition this pre-processor.Should I upgrade my AVP(not modified yet) to 8801?Thank in advance.smile.gif

Butsu how are you buddy ? Long time no hear? I will send you a P. M tonight. ? smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home