or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Pt. II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Pt. II - Page 53

post #1561 of 6954
Quote:

Whoa! 46ftL on a 600M with no major clipping observed! That's more like it!

Thanks elite-home!
post #1562 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

No.

I just found a picture of the TS-02 stand and it differs from the TS-23 stand. The larger holes on the TS-02 stand are in the back, while the larger holes on the TS-23 which I have are in the front. Are you sure that I cant put the 500M on the stand facing either way with the TS-23?

http://www.pioneer.eu/images/product...main_large.jpg TS-02

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260462163093 TS-23
post #1563 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

I just found a picture of the TS-02 stand and it differs from the TS-23 stand.

I'm prone to giving short answers to questions that are answered via the FAQ. If you click on the TS02/TS23 links you should notice that they look dramatically different. The TS02 goes in the stand pockets and uses the stand mount point and the lower wall mounting point. The TS23 mounts on the back of the panel and uses the lower and middle wall mount points. While you could get longer M8 bolts and mount the TS23 "backwards" it wouldn't engage properly and more importantly the panel would immediately fall over unless it was anchored by the upper wall mount points.
post #1564 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

Are you sure that I cant put the 500M on the stand facing either way with the TS-23?

In addition to the issue with the holes, when correctly installed the legs are set 2/3 of the way back on the TS23 bottom, and it is perfectly balanced. I bet that if you reversed the stand you'd throw the balance off and your 500M would fall over on its face with not much more than a nudge.
post #1565 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by p59teitel View Post

In addition to the issue with the holes, when correctly installed the legs are set 2/3 of the way back on the TS23 bottom, and it is perfectly balanced. I bet that if you reversed the stand you'd throw the balance off and your 500M would fall over on its face with not much more than a nudge.

Will the TS23 work on a 101?

Looking at the FAQ Yes it will
post #1566 of 6954
Can I mount the 500m on a TV stand with Universal TV mounting bracket ( VESA 200 mm x 400 mm compatible) ? And where is the Pioneer 500m manufactured? I want to buy it in the States and bring it down to Canada but do not want to pay duties.

Can somebody elaborate the PQ on the 500m with 420P SD material and normal DVD watching?
post #1567 of 6954
I'm just posting because I am now an offical owner of a KRP-500M!
post #1568 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrISM View Post

I'm just posting because I am now an offical owner of a KRP-500M!

Congratulations.
post #1569 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade2008 View Post

Can somebody elaborate the PQ on the 500m with 420P SD material and normal DVD watching?

I assume you mean 480p (or 480i) material.

DVDs can look spectacular, especially if they were transferred well and are played in a superior player like an Oppo.

As for broadcast material, it's a mixed bag depending on the quality of the material provided - some looks pretty good, and some looks quite poor.
post #1570 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade2008 View Post

Can I mount the 500m on a TV stand with Universal TV mounting bracket ( VESA 200 mm x 400 mm compatible) ? And where is the Pioneer 500m manufactured? I want to buy it in the States and bring it down to Canada but do not want to pay duties.....

the panel is from Japan and other parts are all shipped to California for the US models. On the box it says assembled in the USA.
post #1571 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrISM View Post

I'm just posting because I am now an offical owner of a KRP-500M!

Nice! Sept 19th I take delivery. Just got to make sure my girlfriend is away for a few hours. For some reason she doesn't understand the concept of buying a new TV every six months.
post #1572 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidPro View Post

Nice! Sept 19th I take delivery. Just got to make sure my girlfriend is away for a few hours. For some reason she doesn't understand the concept of buying a new TV every six months.

Does shipping usually take that long?
post #1573 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrted46 View Post

Does shipping usually take that long?

The reason I'm waiting so long is that V.E. is shipping to several customers in my area on that day.
post #1574 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidPro View Post

The reason I'm waiting so long is that V.E. is shipping to several customers in my area on that day.

Where did you buy from?
post #1575 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallows View Post

Where did you buy from?

Value Electronics
post #1576 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidPro View Post

Value Electronics

Is he shipping these? Is it a 500M? Robert told me he was not shipping any 600M's.
post #1577 of 6954
500M shipped.
post #1578 of 6954
Has anyone with a buzzer tried patching/calibrating the ISF modes in Energy Save 2?

I'm assuming that if you did this, you wouldn't be able to hit the 50+ ftl range in ISF Day?
post #1579 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

I'm prone to giving short answers to questions that are answered via the FAQ. If you click on the TS02/TS23 links you should notice that they look dramatically different. The TS02 goes in the stand pockets and uses the stand mount point and the lower wall mounting point. The TS23 mounts on the back of the panel and uses the lower and middle wall mount points. While you could get longer M8 bolts and mount the TS23 "backwards" it wouldn't engage properly and more importantly the panel would immediately fall over unless it was anchored by the upper wall mount points.

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes sense now. I hadn't see anywhere before where it was said the TS23 mounts on the back not in the standard holes like the TS02. Sorry if I missed that in my search.
post #1580 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

Has anyone with a buzzer tried patching/calibrating the ISF modes in Energy Save 2?

I'm assuming that if you did this, you wouldn't be able to hit the 50+ ftl range in ISF Day?

In addition to peak light output, I think there is an issue with obtaining a flat gamma curve (or some other aspect of picture quality) and using Energy Save 2. I believe that is why most sets are calibrated to Energy Save Off/Standard.

Someone please elaborate or correct me if I am wrong.
post #1581 of 6954
Thank you for the kind words. Enjoy your panels
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-home View Post

Disclaimer: I have tried very hard to maintain consistency in both my opinions and my postings and at times the written word does not tend to offer the best clarification of a statement and/or comment. I write this because:

Last night I had D-Nice over to my home and after some last minute adjustments, Turbe worked over time to help us upgrade my panels to the highest possible settings available (P-ISF?). The results were jaw-dropping an ah inspiring for me and even my wife. The calibration upgrade of the 500m and 600m were absolutely the best investment I have made ever since I made the purchase of them several months ago.

We tend to give credence to "professionals" whom try hard to impress their opinion on others and in turn sometimes they do so for personal gain and/or competitive degrading. I am guilty of stepping outside my comfort and believing information provided to me when in reality I should have simply stuck with my gut and believe the experts I invited to my home- in addition to my own eyes.

The upgrade of the 600m was first and the results were amazing as the POP on the screen was completely noticeable on both the Day and Night settings... I have always been leery of the benefits of any upgrade- NO LONGER. I can not wait to leave work early and get some viewing time in with my family, even my wife called today to tell me she saw a huge difference in the day settings over the previous Pure.

D-Nice arrived around 8pm and finished the 600 by around 10:30pm or so. I then watched parts of Underworld, Cars, WALL-E, and then I watched all of Underworld: Evolution while he worked on the 500, the pop and the sizzle of the 600 picture made me feel like I was watching it for the first time (after watching it over 200 times minimum), my wife and I are vamp fans and Underworld is our all-time fave.

The 500m he finished around 1am and we moved it back into my MBR and once D left and I grabbed a snack and got ready for bed, I popped in Evolution once more to compare after watching it on the 600 and low and behold I didn't go to bed until after 2am because the 500 was so beautiful and inspiring that I now BELIEVE the panel is and always will be the one panel who rules them ALL- Hands down. Right it down, document it, I will sign a waiver stating I was WRONG WRONG WRONG... the 500m is and was the best of the best. The black was phenomenal and simply breath-taking. I can't gush enough... sorry for strangling the forum but I wanted to express my thoughts about the upgrade, D-Nice, Turbe and the experience in general- rest assured I have no regrets except questioning those whom know these panels better than anyone. Bravo to each of you.
post #1582 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

I guess you could try Monitor Outlet, though it's a matter of debate as to whether they are an "authorized" dealer or not--or if that even really matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeve View Post

best buy pcs also is selling the 600m at a good price, and they're pretty reputable.



Thanks
post #1583 of 6954
forget my post
post #1584 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by miky702 View Post

forget my post

If you have a post that you want to forget just use the "edit" button associated with it and click "delete".
post #1585 of 6954
Maybe I oughta hire D-Nice to calibrate my 500M so I can see what all the hubbub is about...
post #1586 of 6954
Just inspected the glass on my 600M an hour ago. Since my place is not ready for another month, could only check that then left it at the store.

On my box it says MFG - June2009...

Sigh, another month before I can fire up this baby...
post #1587 of 6954
How big of a difference does it make if a calibration is not performed in the exact environment where the panel will be used?
post #1588 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyster View Post

How big of a difference does it make if a calibration is not performed in the exact environment where the panel will be used?

I was wondering the same thing. It'd be awfully annoying to have my set calibrated, move to a new place a few months later, then have to pay a few hundred again to get it re-calibrated.
post #1589 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARQMAGE View Post

Maybe I oughta hire D-Nice to calibrate my 500M so I can see what all the hubbub is about...

+1... you won't regret it- I promise.
post #1590 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyster View Post

How big of a difference does it make if a calibration is not performed in the exact environment where the panel will be used?

Great question- some will tell you there is a slight difference but I would think the biggest challenge would be if you were taking it from a very bright environment to a very muted environment is really where a difference would be notated, however with both the Day and Night settings you would probably find this not to be too big of an issue. If you are talking a Pure only calibration then I also feel the biggest difference may simply be an adjustment in brightness/contrast at best.

You may want to communicate with your calibrator your intentions to move and if you are lucky enough to know what environment you are moving to in comparison to from you could find they may be able to future proof it for you, or even recalibrate at a discount perhaps.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Pt. II