or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Pt. II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Pt. II - Page 222

post #6631 of 6954
Man I've been looking for weeks!!! Any pioneer is either to far for local pickup or it's incredibly expensive and risky to get shipped especially since it used and no warranty unless from a "demo authorized store" and those pioneers are demo models so you know they are no good. Idk does anyone know of any sponsors on here I can try or anything to get a safe secure purchase of a pioneer. These pannys and samsung have to many issues to justify the pros of these new plasmas
post #6632 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Hey sorry to burst your bubble but my buddy was just messing with me. I sent my 111 back to pioneer due to a huge buzz issue I was proly one in a million (just my luck no bs) anyway I was kinda pissed at him. I regret it big time.
no worries.

Why didn't Pioneer send you a replacement 111FD or repair yours confused.gif
post #6633 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

William, on your KRP-M, use EZ Hours
Turbe: I have ControlCal v1_47. Can I access EZ hours thru this program?
Doug Weil was here this AM doing a "touch-up" calibration on my 600M and he wasn't able to do it, even though we downloaded your EZ Hours link to his laptop.
post #6634 of 6954
No you can't, just bring up that link (shown in the EZ Hours thread I linked above) in your browser - need to have your monitor on the network.

You don't download anything, you just put that link (with the IP address of your monitor) in your internet browser.
post #6635 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

Doug Weil was here this AM doing a "touch-up" calibration on my 600M and he wasn't able to do it, even though we downloaded your EZ Hours link to his laptop.
It's a bit late in the game but I recommend the KRP FAQ (in the second post).
post #6636 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

No you can't, just bring up that link (shown in the EZ Hours thread I linked above) in your browser - need to have your monitor on the network.

You don't download anything, you just put that link (with the IP address of your monitor) in your internet browser.
OK. I used the wrong term. Actually I copied and pasted the link in an email and then sent it to Doug, which he opened on his laptop. And then after a few tries, he concluded that he couldn't do it; however, he didn't have the IP address of my monitor either. How or where do I get this "IP address?"
post #6637 of 6954
First your KRP has to be connected to your home network. If you've done that then see page 68 of the manual.

By the way, KuroReader is a better way of doing this (click on the service info tab). That thread also has useful information about getting your display on your network.
post #6638 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

First your KRP has to be connected to your home network. If you've done that then see page 68 of the manual.
Can this be done wirelessly, or do I need a long Cat 5 cable? My computer is in the bed room and the KRP is in the living room, a distance I guessing of about 25 feet. I have a wireless router, but I don't think the KRP has a USB connection.
post #6639 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

OK. I used the wrong term. Actually I copied and pasted the link in an email and then sent it to Doug, which he opened on his laptop. And then after a few tries, he concluded that he couldn't do it; however, he didn't have the IP address of my monitor either. How or where do I get this "IP address?"
On the KRP, select Menu->Control Setup and the IP line should display the address, or you might need to select the IP line to view it, I don't remember exactly. It's all in the user manual on pages 67, 68 or so.
post #6640 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

Can this be done wirelessly, or do I need a long Cat 5 cable? My computer is in the bed room and the KRP is in the living room, a distance I guessing of about 25 feet. I have a wireless router, but I don't think the KRP has a USB connection.
I see Bodosom (hi!) answered already. You need to connect an ethernet cable from your router to the KRP. No USB is involved.
post #6641 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer View Post

I see Bodosom (hi!) answered already. You need to connect an ethernet cable from your router to the KRP. No USB is involved.
OK, I read pages 67 and 68, but it seems to me that for a somewhat "green" user , as far as advanced computer works goes, this would be a great way to screw something up if I did anything wrong. So how do I access the Kuro Reader and is this any easier? Thanks!
post #6642 of 6954
you still need to have your KRP-M on the network and you still need your krp-m's IP address regardless.. then, just paste that link (with the ip inserted of course) in a browser.. it's the easiest way..

Is your krp-m on your network now?
post #6643 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

OK, I read pages 67 and 68, but it seems to me that for a somewhat "green" user , as far as advanced computer works goes, this would be a great way to screw something up if I did anything wrong. So how do I access the Kuro Reader and is this any easier? Thanks!
You really can't break anything, just connect an ethernet cable from KRP to the router, go to the KRP menu - Control Setup, set IP Control Enable, set DHCP On, wait about 30 seconds and check and see if it got an IP Address assigned. Then use that IP address in the link you have or download KuroReader http://jdbimmer.wix.com/kuroreader and enter the IP in that.
post #6644 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

So how do I access the Kuro Reader and is this any easier? Thanks!
Normally I'm 100% in agreement with turbe however the KRP web server is fussy*. So if everything goes as it does for people that have no problems then you'll have no problems. However if it isn't all rainbows and unicorns it can be slightly unpleasant. Since KuroReader is self-contained you don't have to worry about any browser issues.

*Perhaps profoundly annoying and broken is a better summary.
post #6645 of 6954
Do you think a Pro-151FD with 1100 hours (pictures of hours on set provided) for $3500 is worth it? I'm torn...the ZT60 is coming soon and my VT50 is really good...almost as good as the 111FD I sold.
post #6646 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer View Post

You really can't break anything, just connect an ethernet cable from KRP to the router, go to the KRP menu - Control Setup, set IP Control Enable, set DHCP On, wait about 30 seconds and check and see if it got an IP Address assigned. Then use that IP address in the link you have or download KuroReader http://jdbimmer.wix.com/kuroreader and enter the IP in that.
OK then...first thing I need to do is buy a 25-ft ethernet cable. Is this length common? I doubt I'll be able to find one locally. (Best Buy, maybe) Probably have to order one, but once I get it and get the Kuro Reader, I should be able to then see what my hours are, right? I won't have to leave this cable copnnected afterward, will I? Thanks and stay tuned!
post #6647 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

Do you think a Pro-151FD with 1100 hours (pictures of hours on set provided) for $3500 is worth it? I'm torn...the ZT60 is coming soon and my VT50 is really good...almost as good as the 111FD I sold.
Wrong thread (this is for the monitors), but I am leaning towards negative. It's a gamble until more is revealed about the ZT60, however.
post #6648 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

OK then...first thing I need to do is buy a 25-ft ethernet cable. Is this length common? I doubt I'll be able to find one locally. (Best Buy, maybe) Probably have to order one, but once I get it and get the Kuro Reader, I should be able to then see what my hours are, right? I won't have to leave this cable copnnected afterward, will I? Thanks and stay tuned!
Guys, will a Cat 6 network cable work ok? I can get one locally for 15 bucks!
post #6649 of 6954
It's backwards compatible with cat5, so there's no reason it shouldn't.
post #6650 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

Guys, will a Cat 6 network cable work ok? I can get one locally for 15 bucks!

yes but $15 is too much, try Radio Shack maybe.. or online monoprice
post #6651 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Wrong thread (this is for the monitors), but I am leaning towards negative. It's a gamble until more is revealed about the ZT60, however.

Yes Vinnie. Wrong thread. My bad. My apologies. Thanks for your input tho.
post #6652 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Moore View Post

Guys, will a Cat 6 network cable work ok? I can get one locally for 15 bucks!
If you're in a hurry and it's an easy purchase sure. You could get one for less on-line even with shipping but you're unlikely to save enough to worry about. E.g. I can get a 50' cable shipped for $8.50 but if I drove by a store every day where I could get one for $15, say Home Depot, (and I didn't have a tub full of cables and parts) I probably would.
post #6653 of 6954
hey, i couldn't find a thread about european pioneers so i hope it's ok to ask here;

is there any difference between european krp-500m's made in 2008 and those from 2009 or do they all implement some of the "10G"?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1126267/pioneer-9g-kuro-comparison-chart-xx20-500-600m-111-151-101-141-500-600a-lx-xx90/390#post_16978600

according to that post, there is a difference. could anyone confirm?
Edited by keiji haino - 2/3/13 at 4:26pm
post #6654 of 6954
All Krp500’s share the same module/glass and "9.5G" tech and a slightly revised filter... 'Elite +1' filter it's called. The KRP600/141’s are, have a different revision of (older tech) parts compared to the 101’s and 500's i believe.
post #6655 of 6954
last time i checked the 500A is considered a 9G while the 500M is considered a 9.5G (the only model they snuck some 10G features in). according to those in the know, the american 500M's whether made in 08 or 09 are the same.

but according to the linked post, the european 500m's in 08 are 9.5G whereas the ones from 09 are 9G, lacking that extra "oomph" that the 500M is known for. i just want to know if it's been debunked as not true by now.

im not saying you are wrong though.
post #6656 of 6954
The 500A is not a 500M. The three 500M models (NA/EU/JP) and the 101 (NA only) share the same service manual and parts list (with obvious exceptions like the HDMI board and region specific power plugs). There's nothing in the service manual to suggest the part numbers vary by year. Of course in practice the part numbers do change over time for the typical reasons but those changes are global across the entire product line.

Since I'm not a Pioneer insider all I know is based on part numbers and the service manual.
post #6657 of 6954
thanks for the reply. one would have thought this myth would have been cleared up by now. in the link it says "driver software and PDP modules" i wouldn't expect softwares to be detailed in the manual but what does PDP modules mean? why i'm wondering is that i have found a euro 500M manufactured in january 2009 in the UK, but if it doesn't have that "extra" (as according to the link) then it is rather useless.

pretty confusing..
Edited by keiji haino - 2/4/13 at 6:58pm
post #6658 of 6954
SOMEONE FIND ME ONNEEEE PLEEAASSEEE IM IN NA
post #6659 of 6954
^Quit begging and using all caps, it's unbecoming.

Just keep an eye out here: www.searchtempest.com
post #6660 of 6954
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji haino View Post

i wouldn't expect softwares to be detailed in the manual but what does PDP modules mean?
The PDP is the panel (Plasma Display Panel). There a fair bit of circuitry that lights the panel up (and "down").
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Pt. II