or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Hells Kitchen' on FOX in Digital Widescreen
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Hells Kitchen' on FOX in Digital Widescreen

post #1 of 191
Thread Starter 
I cant wait. http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/
post #2 of 191
I can.
post #3 of 191
Still in SD Widescreen I presume?
post #4 of 191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvjunkie247 View Post

Still in SD Widescreen I presume?

Hmm, wasn't the last season posted in this section?
post #5 of 191
I'm back on board. I haven't watched the last season or two, but I have a distant cousin who is on this season, so I'll check it out.
post #6 of 191
Can't wait. Excellent show.
post #7 of 191
Gordon Ramsey is a fantastic, intuitive chef. Although I am not so familiar with this show, he has a show on BBC America (Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares) that I really enjoy. He goes to ailing restaurants and helps them turn around to become profitable businesses again.
post #8 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwisniski View Post

Gordon Ramsey is a fantastic, intuitive chef. Although I am not so familiar with this show, he has a show on BBC America (Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares) that I really enjoy. He goes to ailing restaurants and helps them turn around to become profitable businesses again.

Yes, he's also had a US version of that show on FOX for a couple of seasons now, as well "Kitchen Nitmares" ,
... which, (I'm not making this up), since you are unfamiliar, is kind-of-like a TOP Chef elimination show, only He's the only judge, the contestants are mostly ugly, relatively unaccomplished "ex-con looking" chain smokers, & Ramsey arrogantly shouts 4 letter words & constantly demeans every one of them while they are cooking for guests, until he eliminates one each show.
The winner gets a figurehead 1yr "executive chef" title at a major Vegas or Atlantic City Hotel-Casino & a big $$ prize/salary...
post #9 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Hmm, wasn't the last season posted in this section?

It was, but the show isn't in HD even though it fools some..
post #10 of 191
Thanks for the heads up WaTaGuMp...
HK is one the few shows the family views together. Wonder if my TiVo-HD picked up the first new episode as part of it's season pass? I'll check it out tonight.

... now piss off!!
post #11 of 191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post


... now piss off!!

Spoken in TRUE Gordon fashion.
post #12 of 191
Widescreen SD shows are OK to discuss in the HD section.
post #13 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Spoken in TRUE Gordon fashion.

We (the kids and I) have enjoyed the UK "Life on Mars" as well as the follow-up "Ashes to Ashes" and it seems the Brits are quite fond of that particular phrase

.... the kids also get a kick out of it when they call Gene Hunt "gov"....
post #14 of 191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Widescreen SD shows are OK to discuss in the HD section.

Cool thx for the heads up Mr Mod.
post #15 of 191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

We (the kids and I) have enjoyed the UK "Life on Mars" as well as the follow-up "Ashes to Ashes" and it seems the Brits are quite fond of that particular phrase

.... the kids also get a kick out of it when they call Gene Hunt "gov"....

I do like the way they say alot of things, bollocks is one of my favs. I guess that's why Snatch is such a cool flick.
post #16 of 191
F^%$&*&^8ing good news.

I need my Ramsey fix.
post #17 of 191
I like his new meaning of the word donut.
post #18 of 191
Any chance they do something radically different this season? I still have the finale from last season on my DVR, it is a chore to get through.
post #19 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

I'm back on board. I haven't watched the last season or two, but I have a distant cousin who is on this season, so I'll check it out.

Yeah, and I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who's on it (six degrees of separation ;-)
post #20 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I do like the way they say alot of things, bollocks is one of my favs.

And wanker, plonker and wally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

.... the kids also get a kick out of it when they call Gene Hunt "gov"....

Its "guv" as in "guv'ner" (slang for governer)

What cracked me up (being British and from the North of England) in Ashes-to-Ashes (which I thought was pretty good) is how BBC America used subtitles for much of Gene's speaking.
post #21 of 191
Thanks for the heads-up guys. I was wondering why this show was appearing in my DVR.
post #22 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hutchinson View Post

F^%$&*&^8ing good news.

I need my Ramsey fix.

I have to admit: I was reading Hell's Kitchen but thinking Kitchen Nightmares which is what I was really wanting to see. Oh well.
post #23 of 191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hutchinson View Post

I have to admit: I was reading Hell's Kitchen but thinking Kitchen Nightmares which is what I was really wanting to see. Oh well.

In a perfect world we get BOTH.
post #24 of 191
Can't wait to see some more "dirty pigs", "Donkeys" and "blonde barbies" try to impress Chef Ramsay! ROFL
post #25 of 191
Thread Starter 
Tonight is the night YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE, I have had a lot on my mind lately, I hope I don't forget its on.
post #26 of 191
Thread Starter 
Holy cow they have some real winners on this season. The opportunity presented to these people and some act like complete idiots. Looks like its gonna be a good season, minus the staged ties in the challenges of course.
post #27 of 191
^^ I know, those staged ties have to be way too much of a coincedence.
post #28 of 191
Well it's like last season when Gordon booted two contestants in one week- then gave the next person on the hot-seat a reprieve the next week. We all knew he was going to do that... but it was fun to watch anyway

Looking forward to Kitchen Nightmares too, it's interesting to see how GR turns these places around. Gotta admit- he's no slouch when it comes to being creative!
post #29 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-TV View Post

^^ I know, those staged ties have to be way too much of a coincedence.

Oh the drama of the shrimp cleaning team challenge. 12 people cleaning shrimp for 10 minutes, and it comes down to the last shrimp ? How could that be staged That Pyscho chef has a career in movies if this doesn't work out for him.
post #30 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Widescreen SD shows are OK to discuss in the HD section.

Was it just me or was this 4:3 SD on the HD channel? I also had a lot of dropout on DirecTV in Atlanta.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Hells Kitchen' on FOX in Digital Widescreen