or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › How to remove dancing mute icon from Samsung LCD TV?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to remove dancing mute icon from Samsung LCD TV?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I just bought a Samsung LN52B630 and it's great, except when you mute it a large mute icon shows up on the screen. I don't mind the icon, but it moves around every few seconds and the movement is what I find distracting. Is there any way to disable the movement or the icon altogether? Maybe in a service menu somewhere?

I searched the forum and found similar complaints about this icon but not the instructions on how to remove it. Obviously you can avoid this problem by turning the volume down to zero but that's a hassle, I would rather be able to use the mute button.
post #2 of 11
I've been searching for this too but haven't found anything. I would like to remove it so I can use a logitech harmony activity based remote to mute the TV volume when watching a movie instead of having to turn it down.
post #3 of 11
It doesn't say anything about it in the instruction manual so I don't think you can. Not without going into the service menu anyway.
post #4 of 11
Nope you can't either turn off the speakers in the sound menu of the TV or put the volume down to 0. It's just faster to turn off the speaker from the sound menu then to put the volume down to 0 since I be having it at like 40 lol.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcxan View Post

I just bought a Samsung LN52B630 and it's great, except when you mute it a large mute icon shows up on the screen. I don't mind the icon, but it moves around every few seconds and the movement is what I find distracting. Is there any way to disable the movement or the icon altogether? Maybe in a service menu somewhere?

I searched the forum and found similar complaints about this icon but not the instructions on how to remove it. Obviously you can avoid this problem by turning the volume down to zero but that's a hassle, I would rather be able to use the mute button.

Why would you stare at the TV with no sound anyway?
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

Why would you stare at the TV with no sound anyway?

Because you have your TV connected to a receiver and you want to watch a movie in surround sound.
post #7 of 11
If you want to watch a movie and disable the sound, go to the tv's main menu, audio, and turn the sound off. No dancing mute.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguy View Post

Because you have your TV connected to a receiver and you want to watch a movie in surround sound.

You should really just disable the tv speakers from the menu if you aren't going to use them.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazykevy View Post

You should really just disable the tv speakers from the menu if you aren't going to use them.

Good suggestion. That might be easy enough to plug into a logitech harmony remote.
post #10 of 11

I just got the same TV today and have the same issue. I would really like help in the area if anyone knows.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post


Why would you stare at the TV with no sound anyway?

 

For me, sometimes because of my health condition I need to mute the TV and rely on close captioning. Or sometimes I use the TV for light. As well if I do not fast forward commercials then I mute them. You also do not have to stare at it to see it.

post #11 of 11
[. We just turned the tv sound to 0. Took us about 1 hour to come up with this
Hope it helps. Why the wanted to put a danceing icon on the screen I'd beyond me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › How to remove dancing mute icon from Samsung LCD TV?