or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › Titan 1080P 3D Dual Ultra Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Titan 1080P 3D Dual Ultra Thread - Page 19

post #541 of 712
You solved that one too easy.
post #542 of 712
I purchased one of the show demos from Cedia. Now I have to get the theater finished.

Bryan
post #543 of 712
Thread Starter 
Welcome to the club, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
post #544 of 712
We are setting up our recently installed Titan Reference for 3D. DPI has been here and upgraded this unit to 3D.They tested it with their player. We bought the 3D upgrade for the Lumagen Radiance XS as well. Should be good to go,but it doesnt seem to be working so far? Connecting the Lumagen to Input 8. Using Directv's 3D channels. 3D is turned on in the projector. Lumagen is set to Auto on 3D
Are there still EDID issues with the Titan? Even after the upgrade?
We have a couple more days to get it going.
Couldnt get the BCS game in 3D tonight
post #545 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post
We are setting up our recently installed Titan Reference for 3D. DPI has been here and upgraded this unit to 3D.They tested it with their player. We bought the 3D upgrade for the Lumagen Radiance XS as well. Should be good to go,but it doesnt seem to be working so far? Connecting the Lumagen to Input 8. Using Directv's 3D channels. 3D is turned on in the projector. Lumagen is set to Auto on 3D
Are there still EDID issues with the Titan? Even after the upgrade?
We have a couple more days to get it going.
Couldnt get the BCS game in 3D tonight
I have my Titan Ref 3D connected to a Lumagen XE all works great for Directv and Bluray.

It has to be setup a little weird though. First the Directv has to be connected to Input 3. Input 3 works for the half-res 3D formats. Input 8 is for frame-packed bluray.

I have output 1 on my lumagen going to the AV Receiver and then to input 3 on the Titan. That works for everything except 3D bluray.

Output 2 on the lumagen goes straight to the Input 8 on the Titan

The lumagen has to have 3D mode turned on, auto wont work cause the lumagen doesnt recognize the Titan as an HDMI 1.4 capable display.

The lumagen can vertical stretch for cinescope 3D blu-ray content.

Also ESPN broadcast in 720P sbs on Directv. The Titan has to be put into 3D professional mode because it wont recognize that signal automatically under 3D Consumer mode.

The only thing that wont work well is my PS3 for gaming. The only input that accepts frame-packed signals is input 8, but there is no scaling for input 8. Since ps3 does gaming at 720P frame packed all i get is a small 1280x720 image centered in the 1920 x 1080 chip. SUCKS!!!

Lumagen should hopefully be able to help with this soon. I have spoke to Jim at Lumagen and we will see a way to convert or scale between different 3D formats eventually.
post #546 of 712
Thread Starter 
The thing to also remember is you are using a Radiance 3D the Radiance will upscale all 3D signals to 1080P60 assuming you are using a 1080P projector and the Lumagen is set to Auto, what this means is you need to set the Titan to professional/side by side/1x for all sources accept 1080P24, which I believe the Titan recognizes as consummer
post #547 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post

The thing to also remember is you are using a Radiance 3D the Radiance will upscale all 3D signals to 1080P60 assuming you are using a 1080P projector and the Lumagen is set to Auto, what this means is you need to set the Titan to professional/side by side/1x for all sources accept 1080P24, which I believe the Titan recognizes as consummer

Lon,

My lumagen was doing that on an older firmware version. The version in on now it doesn't do that anymore. So I'm not sure what changed. Like Espn which was changing to 1080p 3D now stays at 720p 3D. Unless there is a setting I missed. But it changed when I updated to newer firmware. What version fw are you on?
post #548 of 712
Thread Starter 
Chris:

I am not sure what software I have I will check later when I go home.
post #549 of 712
I just spoke to Jim at Lumagen. He is suggesting using two Radiance processors one for left and one for right eye. 1080p processing on both eyes.
Might be pretty good!
HDMI splitters required etc.
post #550 of 712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

Lon,

My lumagen was doing that on an older firmware version. The version in on now it doesn't do that anymore. So I'm not sure what changed. Like Espn which was changing to 1080p 3D now stays at 720p 3D. Unless there is a setting I missed. But it changed when I updated to newer firmware. What version fw are you on?

SW revision:112710
post #551 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post
I just spoke to Jim at Lumagen. He is suggesting using two Radiance processors one for left and one for right eye. 1080p processing on both eyes.
Might be pretty good!
HDMI splitters required etc.
This has me curious to what I can do with that? I need to be able to convert 720p/60 3D to 1080P/60 3D for PS3. I know the Titan can take a 1920x1080/120hz cause thats how i feed my computer to it for 3D. So if I can use 2 Radiance to accomplish that I would do it. I wonder if i can use my XE for my primary scaler and the just add an XS for the secondary. Since it would only be for 3D?
post #552 of 712
Check with Jim on the two Radiance set up. The new "Mini" was just released yesterday so a lower cost option is available for the second unit.
We got 3D working with one XS feeding input 8. We used a PS3 for the player. Our client has all the 3D titles available,so I went for the IMAX presentation from the Space Station. WOW! That is as close as I am going to get to spaceflight!
We could not get Directv to work on Input 3? Two side by side pictures were all we could get. Or a distorted thin picture in the middle of the screen.The professional setting did not help on any setting we tried.
Jim as usual has been extremely helpful,I will give him a call later today.
post #553 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle
Check with Jim on the two Radiance set up. The new "Mini" was just released yesterday so a lower cost option is available for the second unit.
We got 3D working with one XS feeding input 8. We used a PS3 for the player. Our client has all the 3D titles available,so I went for the IMAX presentation from the Space Station. WOW! That is as close as I am going to get to spaceflight!
We could not get Directv to work on Input 3? Two side by side pictures were all we could get. Or a distorted thin picture in the middle of the screen.The professional setting did not help on any setting we tried.
Jim as usual has been extremely helpful,I will give him a call later today.
Yeah I talked to Jim last night. Looks like I'm going to have to go that route so I can game in 3d. Sony is limiting the family to 720p frame packed. Frame packed only works on input 8 and there is no scaling. The 2 radiance setup will fix that! Yay


I screenshot my setting for 720p SBS setup. It definitely works. I have been watching it since longer before I had my radiance. And it does still. Watched the BCS game the other night.

All the settings have to be right. Input. Format. Shutter speed. So on. I'll get a picture of how mine is set and post it on here.
post #554 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

Yeah I talked to Jim last night. Looks like I'm going to have to go that route so I can game in 3d. Sony is limiting the family to 720p frame packed. Frame packed only works on input 8 and there is no scaling. The 2 radiance setup will fix that! Yay


I screenshot my setting for 720p SBS setup. It definitely works. I have been watching it since longer before I had my radiance. And it does still. Watched the BCS game the other night.

All the settings have to be right. Input. Format. Shutter speed. So on. I'll get a picture of how mine is set and post it on here.

Thanks! On another note;We had a bulb failure on this Titan. It seems they are out of stock at this time.Anybody know where they might be in stock?
post #555 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post


Thanks! On another note;We had a bulb failure on this Titan. It seems they are out of stock at this time.Anybody know where they might be in stock?

I love DPI but things like not having bulbs in stock just blow my mind.
post #556 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

I love DPI but things like not having bulbs in stock just blow my mind.

Yeah it is a total bummer for us. We are working away from our home state and will now have to come back to calibrate the Titan with new bulbs. Plus the client is missing the needed light from the second bulb.
I got a between the lines sense that there may have been a few "early" failures on these bulbs. No surprises I guess.
post #557 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

Yeah I talked to Jim last night. Looks like I'm going to have to go that route so I can game in 3d. Sony is limiting the family to 720p frame packed. Frame packed only works on input 8 and there is no scaling. The 2 radiance setup will fix that! Yay


I screenshot my setting for 720p SBS setup. It definitely works. I have been watching it since longer before I had my radiance. And it does still. Watched the BCS game the other night.

All the settings have to be right. Input. Format. Shutter speed. So on. I'll get a picture of how mine is set and post it on here.

Any chance you could post the screenshot today? We are trying to set up macros on our remote system (rs232) to access 3D from different sources.
Thanks
post #558 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post

Any chance you could post the screenshot today? We are trying to set up macros on our remote system (rs232) to access 3D from different sources.
Thanks

Here is a couple screen shots


post #559 of 712
I just ordered a Radiance XS for the dual setup. I couldnt use the 3D mini cause I have more than 2 3D sources. The XS will give me upto 4 3D sources. For now i have Samsung 3D Blu-ray, DirecTV, and PS3 for gaming.

I overnighted it so I will have it tomorrow. Im hopeful this will work without a hitch!

I spoke to DPI and they said this should work in theory and that alot of commercial applications use the 3D dual pipe method. This will let me send 1080P/60 for left eye and 1080P/60 for right eye to the projector. 120Hz total

The main reason is for PS3 3D games which only output in 720P Frame packed. the Titan will not scale any frame packed material on Input 8.

the second is that now the Radiance should be outputting one 3D format to the projector so no more fooling around with setting. The Radiance will automatically determine 3D and output it correctly! Im not holding my breath just yet.

DPI said the biggest hurdle is the 2 inputs "main" and "sub" on Input 8 have to be synchronized to a 1/2 line or less thru the 3D "Dual Pipe" setup. Whatever that means But Jim @ Lumagen says that shouldnt be a problem.
post #560 of 712
This really sucks 2 Lumagen I better start looking for alternatives
post #561 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by taker View Post

This really sucks 2 Lumagen I better start looking for alternatives

Well atleast 2 arnt needed for bluray 3d or directv.

Only for ps3 gaming. As of right now. Not to say we won't see a software revision to the Titan.
post #562 of 712
ccool96 , are they working on fixing the problem I really don't want to have to buy 2 Lumagen for 3d gaming
post #563 of 712
Thanks for the screenshots! I sent them to our techs. They are working late. Of course part of the "working" is watching our client's 3D collection. As our client observed "It is much more like looking out a window". A pretty big window!
We watched a concert with Lang Lang.

http://www.pianostreet.com/blog/pian...-formats-2276/

Really cool! Great sound too!

On another note; Jim convinced us to use 3 Lumagens. Only one HDMI connection needed to the projector. Two minis at the projector and the XS in the main rack.Saves the labor and additional HDMI cabling to the projector,so not a wash,but not as bad as one might think.
post #564 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post

Thanks for the screenshots! I sent them to our techs. They are working late. Of course part of the "working" is watching our client's 3D collection. As our client observed "It is much more like looking out a window". A pretty big window!
We watched a concert with Lang Lang.

http://www.pianostreet.com/blog/pian...-formats-2276/

Really cool! Great sound too!

On another note; Jim convinced us to use 3 Lumagens. Only one HDMI connection needed to the projector. Two minis at the projector and the XS in the main rack.Saves the labor and additional HDMI cabling to the projector,so not a wash,but not as bad as one might think.

Can you elaborate on that setup. So the xs is feed to the projector location with 1 hdmi. Then that is split with an hdmi splitter to feed the 2 separate minis. Then one mini feeds the input 8 main and the other feeds input 8 sub?

I like that even better than what i was planning cause that way I wouldn't have to split each source.

Wish I had known that today. I might exchange the xs out for 2 minis. That will cut down on a lot. The 3 hdmi splitters I ordered today wernt cheap either.
post #565 of 712
Ddingle. What size screen is the setup and what aspect? Do you have any pics? The rear pro setup you did a while back was one of my favorite threads to follow!!
post #566 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

Ddingle. What size screen is the setup and what aspect? Do you have any pics? The rear pro setup you did a while back was one of my favorite threads to follow!!

It is a Stewart director's choice screen with full vertical and horizontal masking. The screen is around 70" by 144". We use the zoom and focus on the DPI to change between 2.4 and 1.78.
60" by144" for 2.4 and 70" by 126" for 1.78.
I really like the set up!
post #567 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle

It is a Stewart director's choice screen with full vertical and horizontal masking. The screen is around 70" by 144". We use the zoom and focus on the DPI to change between 2.4 and 1.78.
60" by144" for 2.4 and 70" by 126" for 1.78.
I really like the set up!
Nice. I have an SMX 4 4way masking. It is a 2.0 aspect ratio. 14' wide by 7' high.

Take some pics!!!!!

Did you get ESPN 3D working?
post #568 of 712
Ok... so sometimes I wonder why I like electronics so much, because 90% of the time something is just pissing me off but in saying that the reward is normally worth the trouble.

After about 6 hours of updating firmware and loading new beta firmware and rewiring half of my equipment. I can now play PS3 games in 3D ))))

So far the dual Radiance system seems to be working well. The PS3 is the only device hooked up this way so far. Right now the PS3 runs thru a Key Digital 1x2 HDMI 3D splitter. It then feeds an input on the Radiance XE 3D and an input on the new Radiance XS 3D. Then the XE scales the 720P/60 to 1080P/60 for the left eye and the XS scales the 720P/60 to 1080P/60 for the right eye. Then the output of the XE feeds the Input 8 Main on the Titan. The XS feeds the Input 8 Sub on the Titan. The 3D is the set to professional mode using the "Dual Pipe" Method.

Tomorrow I will work on getting DirecTV and the Samsung 3D Blu-Ray fed this was and report back on how it works.

Here are a few pics of the PS3 setup.





post #569 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post

Nice. I have an SMX 4 4way masking. It is a 2.0 aspect ratio. 14' wide by 7' high.

Take some pics!!!!!

Did you get ESPN 3D working?

Yes! Thanks! However,without the additional Lumagens we are leaving the projector on Input 8. Our client can experiment with Bluray 3d until we get back.
Actually DPI worked some sort of miracle and 2 bulbs are showing up today.
Hopefully be back up to full output shortly.
post #570 of 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddingle View Post


Yes! Thanks! However,without the additional Lumagens we are leaving the projector on Input 8. Our client can experiment with Bluray 3d until we get back.
Actually DPI worked some sort of miracle and 2 bulbs are showing up today.
Hopefully be back up to full output shortly.

You can make both work pretty easily with one lumagen. That was how my setup has been until yesterday. I just have the output 1 of the lumagen feed the av receiver and then out of the receiver to the input 3 on the Titan. The output 2 on the lumagen feeds the input 8 main.

All my sources use the input 3 and the only source that requires me to switch to input 8 is the bluray. And if you leave your 3d setting under professional mode set for 720p you can use the consumer mode for all the rest.

Pretty easy control at that point. With my automation system only switching the Titan to input 8 for bluray only and then having 3 3D commands. 3D off. 3D consumer for everything but ESPN. And 3D professional for ESPN.

Might want to give that a shot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › Titan 1080P 3D Dual Ultra Thread