or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › What's the best PS3 game to show off your HT setup?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the best PS3 game to show off your HT setup?

post #1 of 57
Thread Starter 
Seeing some of these negative PS3 posts floating around, I'd like to focus on something a little more fun...

I assume I share a passion with many of you that includes video games, HDTVs and big speakers turned up way too loud. Now that I have a 46" plasma, 5.1 Polk system and a PS3, gaming will never be the same for me. My setup isn't nearly as impressive as many I've seen in here, but it's certainly no slouch.

I'd like to hear your opinions on what game best utilizes your HT setup. For me, it's Metal Gear Solid 4. The cinematic cutscenes, slick graphics/SFX and movie quality audio made for the most impressive gaming experience I've had yet. Of course I'm a little biased since I love the MGS series, but there's no denying the audio/video quality of that game.

What about you? What's your go to game to show off your gear?
post #2 of 57
Dead Space has the best use of surround effects I've experienced in a game.
post #3 of 57
+1 Deadspace
post #4 of 57
I'd have to agree on MGS4, if your friends have some time on their hands. There's been a couple times I've tried to demo that and been in the middle of a cutscene that is way too long!

Dead Space is excellent for the soundtrack. I think I read that it can be had for $20 now too. No brainer.

Killzone 2 is another one that I like. Soundtrack is loud and punchy, and the visuals aren't too bad either (especially the smoke blowing around).

LBP for the kiddies.
post #5 of 57
HAZE...

next question.
post #6 of 57
Grab the Age of Booty demo if you want to give your sub a work out.
post #7 of 57
Visuals it's MGS4. Nothing has even come close to the texture resolution on either console.

Sound it's Deadspace. Surprisingly, I heard the sound isn't as impressive on the 360. As to why / the technical reasons, not sure.

Whole package?

Uncharted is still king. Visuals, Sound and it's amazing score tie together to be an almost perfect experience.
post #8 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post


Whole package?

Uncharted is still king. Visuals, Sound and it's amazing score tie together to be an almost perfect experience.

I agree with Uncharted, although anything listed in this thread so far is a great option...
post #9 of 57
I personnally think Motorstorm Pacific Rim is quite pretty if you wanna show a racer

also everyday shooter wows folks, so does flower and if you have the ps eye, the fish tank game is pretty cool
post #10 of 57
Grid and DiRT both have pretty awesome visuals and convincing engine sounds and surround sound. Racing games are often overlooked when choosing demo material.
post #11 of 57
how is the sound in GT5:P?

i bought this because i wanted to burn $30 and only played once so far. BUt the visuals are nice, haven't cranked up the sound yet.. is it any good?
post #12 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzykrl View Post

how is the sound in GT5:P?

i bought this because i wanted to burn $30 and only played once so far. BUt the visuals are nice, haven't cranked up the sound yet.. is it any good?

Relatively underwhelming IIRC - mostly just engine noises and screeching tires or bumps when you hit something. There isn't a music track like you get in Paradise or MSPR, just pure racing sounds. The visuals & racing physics (non-crash) are much more impressive than the sound in GT5:P...
post #13 of 57
For online multiplayer -- Battlefield: Bad Company has incredible sound. Graphics are underrated too imo.
post #14 of 57
show them warhawk and only warhawk
post #15 of 57
Dead Space
Bioshock
Battlefield: Bad Company
Battlefield 1943
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Burnout Paradise
Pixel Junk Eden
Warhawk
GTA4
Infamous
Heavenly Sword
Call of Duty 4
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
NHL 09
post #16 of 57
I 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Uncharted, but I'd also like to give an honorable mention to Prince of Persia for its breathtaking graphics and awesome soundtrack.
post #17 of 57
Super Stardust HD.
post #18 of 57
You are all noobs. It's Wipeout HD, hands down.
post #19 of 57
Megaman 9. I win.
post #20 of 57
Dead Space is the best demo game overall.

Lock this thread now. Thanks.
post #21 of 57
Uncharted > MGS4 > Wipeout...but in that order.
post #22 of 57
Uncharted, MGS4, or Killzone 2. Pick one. They're all visually stunning and they're all in a league of their own in terms of sound design.
post #23 of 57
Thread Starter 
I think I'm going to have to try Dead Space now. I played the demo but wasn't trilled by it. Maybe I just need to dive in to the whole game.

While playing Fight Night Round 4 last night with some friends we were talking how it might have the best graphics of any game to date. Throw Tyson and Ali in the ring at the same time and it's hard to disagree.
post #24 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mitty View Post

I think I'm going to have to try Dead Space now. I played the demo but wasn't trilled by it. Maybe I just need to dive in to the whole game.

While playing Fight Night Round 4 last night with some friends we were talking how it might have the best graphics of any game to date. Throw Tyson and Ali in the ring at the same time and it's hard to disagree.

Not sure what part they throw you into in the demo, but go for it. Be warned, it's long. A fast run through is about 13 hours, due to literally running all over a mile long space ship. A few of the later chapters drag a bit, but it ends perfectly and shakes it up in the last chapter.

It's a damn good game. Play at night,with the lights off, and the sound up.
post #25 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Not sure what part they throw you into in the demo, but go for it. Be warned, it's long. A fast run through is about 13 hours, due to literally running all over a mile long space ship. A few of the later chapters drag a bit, but it ends perfectly and shakes it up in the last chapter.

It's a damn good game. Play at night,with the lights off, and the sound up.


Same with Bioshock, if you haven't played it yet, you're really missing out... turn the lights out, crank the sound up and wow scary! I think you can buy it online somewhere for like $10 so do it, you won't be dissapointed.
post #26 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMavs View Post

Relatively underwhelming IIRC - mostly just engine noises and screeching tires or bumps when you hit something. There isn't a music track like you get in Paradise or MSPR, just pure racing sounds. The visuals & racing physics (non-crash) are much more impressive than the sound in GT5:P...

Not true. There is a Music track while racing and in replay mode. As far as surround sounds go. GT5:P is up there with the other games listed in this thread. Thats IF you have a good Surround system to hear it on.
post #27 of 57
This hasn't been mentioned yet, but...

MLB '09 The Show is a gorgeous looking title that really shows off the beauty of HD gaming. Yes it's obviously not the absolute best but nonetheless it has some pretty stunning visuals, IMHO anyway.

Definitely agree though, Dead Space, MGS4, Uncharted, Killzone 2...etc..are all amazing titles - kinda nice to know that there are some many of these A+ titles available now.
post #28 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz View Post

Not true. There is a Music track while racing and in replay mode. As far as surround sounds go. GT5:P is up there with the other games listed in this thread. Thats IF you have a good Surround system to hear it on.

My bad - memory's apparently hazy on that title. Is the music always there? Or is it not active when racing dual screen perhaps? Lately (read last 3 months at least) I've only played it dual screen with my son and I don't recall music, but perhaps it's just underwhelming music?
post #29 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMavs View Post

My bad - memory's apparently hazy on that title. Is the music always there? Or is it not active when racing dual screen perhaps? Lately (read last 3 months at least) I've only played it dual screen with my son and I don't recall music, but perhaps it's just underwhelming music?

Dunno I've never played dual screen. There is music (a random selection of the BGM) during the races in the Events mode. I just dont know about dual screen though.
post #30 of 57
Dead Space, Bioshock, MGS4. Sound and Graphics are sweet!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › What's the best PS3 game to show off your HT setup?