or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Official JTR speaker thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official JTR speaker thread - Page 402

post #12031 of 18499
I agree with beast's take on talking with Mark and Jeff. I've taken away the same thoughts from meeting them both on multiple occasions at several meets. They are close friends, and they try to keep off each other's toes in their respective markets. Both companies and product lines are excellent, and offer top tier gear for the AV enthusiast!
post #12032 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

I agree with beast's take on talking with Mark and Jeff. I've taken away the same thoughts from meeting them both on multiple occasions at several meets. They are close friends, and they try to keep off each other's toes in their respective markets. Both companies and product lines are excellent, and offer top tier gear for the AV enthusiast!

True, I think their only true head to head products are the Submersive and the Cap 1?
post #12033 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

The active DSP is where Mark makes some magic, not to also consider you either run your own passive network, or actively Minidsp and need three amp channels per speaker.
This is somewhat of an agreement between Jeff and Mark. Being very good friends, and coming from the same speaker lineage, they decided they would keep their respective designs somewhat different from one another. Things could change in the future but talking with both them at the g2g it was quite obvious that they both have found their niche: Mark with the active, powered, slightly prettier.presentable box crowd, and Jeff with the rugged, balls to the wall, no spl level untouched crowd.

Yep, Mark is blue collar with a college education. Jeff is no collars, please tongue.gif

Both are good guys and I see why they are friends. cool.gif
post #12034 of 18499
RMK...+1 on the new avatar. smile.gif
post #12035 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

The active DSP is where Mark makes some magic, not to also consider you either run your own passive network, or actively Minidsp and need three amp channels per speaker.
This is somewhat of an agreement between Jeff and Mark. Being very good friends, and coming from the same speaker lineage, they decided they would keep their respective designs somewhat different from one another. Things could change in the future but talking with both them at the g2g it was quite obvious that they both have found their niche: Mark with the active, powered, slightly prettier.presentable box crowd, and Jeff with the rugged, balls to the wall, no spl level untouched crowd.

Right, There are TONS of options for active DAC's and you don't NEED 3 channels per speaker, theres nothing stopping him from running jumpers post to post. I know he doesn't care about the market as I've actually had this conversation with him but it just seems strange IMO to keep yourself to such a niche market.. I mean JTR is kind of a niche market but he's got 2 sides to his business, pro and home.
post #12036 of 18499
I think the logic for active speakers is about ensuring a certain level of quality and therefore ensuring brand name. In a word, maintaining control. Mark could not control the way the final sound delivery is achieved without active amps and dsp. You'll be hard pressed to find an active speaker or sub with built in dsp setup wrong. On the flip side, with passive gear, your customers have more chance to screw up the setup, and be unhappy or worse, tell others they are unhappy!
post #12037 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Man View Post

RMK...+1 on the new avatar. smile.gif

smile.gif At Uluru / Ayres Rock on a winter morning, yes? Iconic.
post #12038 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

I think the logic for active speakers is about ensuring a certain level of quality and therefore ensuring brand name. In a word, maintaining control. Mark could not control the way the final sound delivery is achieved without active amps and dsp. You'll be hard pressed to find an active speaker or sub with built in dsp setup wrong. On the flip side, with passive gear, your customers have more chance to screw up the setup, and be unhappy or worse, tell others they are unhappy!

Well, I guess it just goes to show how good Jeff's xover are, if active xovers are supposed to be so much superior and people still run anything amps and get screaming good SQ and as they guys who were at the meet said, were split on which they liked better.
I've had 3 different sets of active DIY speakers but never an actual companys speaker.
post #12039 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

You think? You haven't heard them for yourself so you are basing your thoughts from other subjective impressions that you have read. I "think" that those who have not had the opportunity to hear them side by side or back to back, should come off a bit more neutral on the stance.

I went to the NE Spring Speaker Shoot-Out and was fully expecting the Noesis to OWN the Cat12's. I was basing this off of the assumption that the Cat12's were equal to the T12's (another speaker I've never heard) since they both used a coax and my recent impressions of the Cat8's.

That said, based on my own listening experiences, I felt the Noesis CD did shine compared to the Cat12...but it's not like it was an obvious night and day difference. In fact, I guarantee you that once you heard them for yourself, you would agree.
Again, I find this a bit insulting coming from someone who hasn't heard a Submersive or a Cat12. My impressions from the GTG are here. The Noesis clearly fit my personal design preference given my sub situation. However, the DSP Mark utilized when he ran the Cat12's full range made the Cat's a show stealer!
Still two different animals and the Cat 12s are double the price. I did find the Cat 12 mighty impressive, more so in full range. However, dollar for dollar and if you are running multiple subs, the Noesis just make sense and they do it on very little power. That is the major thing that bothers me about the Cat 12's is having to plug them in. Amazing speakers, but I will take the Noes all day long.
post #12040 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

You think? You haven't heard them for yourself so you are basing your thoughts from other subjective impressions that you have read. I "think" that those who have not had the opportunity to hear them side by side or back to back, should come off a bit more neutral on the stance.

I went to the NE Spring Speaker Shoot-Out and was fully expecting the Noesis to OWN the Cat12's. I was basing this off of the assumption that the Cat12's were equal to the T12's (another speaker I've never heard) since they both used a coax and my recent impressions of the Cat8's.

That said, based on my own listening experiences, I felt the Noesis CD did shine compared to the Cat12...but it's not like it was an obvious night and day difference. In fact, I guarantee you that once you heard them for yourself, you would agree.
Again, I find this a bit insulting coming from someone who hasn't heard a Submersive or a Cat12. My impressions from the GTG are here. The Noesis clearly fit my personal design preference given my sub situation. However, the DSP Mark utilized when he ran the Cat12's full range made the Cat's a show stealer!

Popalock, I am basing my 'assumptions' on all the reviews I have read... and for those of us who have no chance of listening to a speaker before buying, that's the only way we can make our decisions... and I made sure to use words like 'i think' precisely because of that (Sometimes 'relative' reviews can give you a pretty good picture. My opinion may matter less than those who have actually listened to both speakers, but it's still my opinion. I would hate for anyone to be neutered for saying what they feel is right... mad.gif

Here's ONE reason for saying what I said, based on your OWN review of the CATs vs NOESIS... (which it seems to me that you're going back on a bit here)

Popalock's review snippet: "IMHO, amplification took the Noesis to the next level. Since we had some real power we skipped the nominal listening levels, so I can't say if amplification added anything below reference (or other listening levels most would consider sane). I remember feeling voices and instruments resonate throughout my body when we fed the Noesis proper juice. I'm not talking about a spiritual experience, or anything metaphorical, I'm talking plain and simple CRAZY output. For me, this was a clear distinction from when we ran the them without an amp. Also, in my subjective opinion, amplification made everything seem more effortless. I'd say it [Noesis] leapfrogged the Cat's take the top spot of the night. Crossed with subs of course... =)"

See the bolded statement. It was precisely because of these 'reviews' such as from yourself that made me choose the Noesis to begin with... and I am just passing back the exact same info... tongue.gif
post #12041 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


I believe that its a pair of Cat 12s that is close to equal a Submersive HP from 20hz up. 4 x 12" Acoustic Elegance woofers in a sealed enclosure with 2 x Speakerpower 2000 watt amps vs 2 x 15" woofers in a sealed enclosure with a 2400 wpc Speakerpower amp.
That is pretty much Even Steven with regards to output and sound quality at least above a specified frequency.smile.gif
Chris

LOL Chris, you're right of course.. I was being 'funny' but somehow was taken seriously... I am basing my statement on what Carp said:

"Carp: They are for sure, and it was so cool to hear them how he set them up for the GTG which was full range. They sounded like they had Submersives in them."

Notice he used the term 'submissives', meaning 2 submerssives.. meaning all else being equal (number of drivers), it'll be illogical to assume that 12 inch drivers mano a mano can rival 15 inch drivers, unless the 15 inch drivers sucked... thus, my statement... it was all for fun.. please don't take it seriously... tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Again, I find this a bit insulting coming from someone who hasn't heard a Submersive or a Cat12.

Popalock, you need to chill here... no need to get into full personal attack mode... tongue.gif

I was joking based on the statement carp made that the Cat 12s can equal a couple of submerssives (he used the term plural)... thus my 'logical conclusion that, since 12 inch drivers are equal to 15, then the 15s aren't that impressive'... it is by no means based on reality.. the reality is that 2 submerssives running full range with all 4 12 inch drivers engaged would equal to a single submerssive (with 2x15 inch drivers engaged), and then it'll be equal...



Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Truth.
Quite the illogical statement, Since it is a pair of high excursion 12's that are custom built just for the Catalyst by John Janowitz of Acoustic Elegance, one of the most premier custom woofer shops in the world, and assembled and machined right here in the US. There is ample enough displacement on the Cats to extend to 20hz with authority. And we had them playing at near mind bleeding levels. Every hair on my head was feeling the effects.
Ya'll say that, but we had the s2's on to start with at the g2g along with the seatons and the non fullrange offerings. At the end, jeff disengaged the s2 and Mark dsp'd the cat12's to full range. When we began playing the demo material we almost unanimously told jeff he hadn't cut off the s2. That was how deep the cats were getting. Heck, I still couldn't believe what I was hearing so I walked up to the s2's and the cones on them were moving sympathetically due to all the air the cat's where moving. It was insane and something I certainly had never seen before in my air leaky room.

I am not disagreeing with you here.. I am merely stating that if a pair of catalyst running full range = a couple of submerssives (as per carp's comment), then LOGICALLY, it would mean the submerssives aren't that impressive...
post #12042 of 18499
Coolgeek,

Not to speak for Pop (ha, which means I'm about to speak for Pop smile.gif ), but most people that have heard both the Cat's and Noesis aren't comfortable crowning a winner because they are both such incredible sounding speakers, so it seems odd when someone that hasn't heard the Cat's proclaims that one is better than the other.

I would guess that you would have a 50/50 chance of preferring the Catalysts.
post #12043 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

LOL Chris, you're right of course.. I was being 'funny' but somehow was taken seriously... I am basing my statement on what Carp said:

"Carp: They are for sure, and it was so cool to hear them how he set them up for the GTG which was full range. They sounded like they had Submersives in them."

Notice he used the term 'submissives', meaning 2 submerssives.. meaning all else being equal (number of drivers), it'll be illogical to assume that 12 inch drivers mano a mano can rival 15 inch drivers, unless the 15 inch drivers sucked... thus, my statement... it was all for fun.. please don't take it seriously... tongue.gif
Popalock, you need to chill here... no need to get into full personal attack mode... tongue.gif

I was joking based on the statement carp made that the Cat 12s can equal a couple of submerssives (he used the term plural)... thus my 'logical conclusion that, since 12 inch drivers are equal to 15, then the 15s aren't that impressive'... it is by no means based on reality.. the reality is that 2 submerssives running full range with all 4 12 inch drivers engaged would equal to a single submerssive (with 2x15 inch drivers engaged), and then it'll be equal...
I am not disagreeing with you here.. I am merely stating that if a pair of catalyst running full range = a couple of submerssives (as per carp's comment), then LOGICALLY, it would mean the submerssives aren't that impressive...

I mis-spoke a bit, I said they sounded like they had Submersives in them. Mark told us that they were equal to a Submersive meaning a single, not duals. Either way it was really impressive.
post #12044 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

I mis-spoke a bit, I said they sounded like they had Submersives in them. Mark told us that they were equal to a Submersive meaning a single, not duals. Either way it was really impressive.

Right.. smile.gif

Thus, why i made that 'logical' comment.. it wasn't meant to be serious.. but some folks had their feathers ruffled and went on full 'attack mode'.. i thought people on the JTR thread were cool and chill.... and that a little joke now and then would be ok... biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif
post #12045 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

Right.. smile.gif

Thus, why i made that 'logical' comment.. it wasn't meant to be serious.. but some folks had their feathers ruffled and went on full 'attack mode'.. i thought people on the JTR thread were cool and chill.... and that a little joke now and then would be ok... biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif


Haha, no no, I haven't seen anyone here go on full attack mode. You should check out some threads about "is bass below 20hz important" or something similar if you want to see some serious attacking going on.

This thread is as friendly as it gets, but every once in awhile things get spiced up with some good back and forth arguments but you don't see people getting personal.
post #12046 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Coolgeek,

Not to speak for Pop (ha, which means I'm about to speak for Pop smile.gif ), but most people that have heard both the Cat's and Noesis aren't comfortable crowning a winner because they are both such incredible sounding speakers, so it seems odd when someone that hasn't heard the Cat's proclaims that one is better than the other.

I would guess that you would have a 50/50 chance of preferring the Catalysts.

Right again... smile.gif

However, based on the last GTG which had both the noesis and the cat, i think most (with the exception of 1 or 2) either gave 'equal' standing to both, or giving the Noesis a slight edge, including popalock, when subs are engaged... thus, my conclusion that the compression driver in the Noesis is superior.. (Does anyone know for sure which is better? BMS Coax Compression driver vs B&C coax... My conclusion is based on relative reviews)

Statements like these made my decisions..

"but I noted that the Neosis might have the edge on subtlety"

"The clarity of the speaker was crystal clear and almost as good as the Noesis, but just not as dynamic."

"highs and mids were very clear [cat12] as well as the noesis, but I felt they weren't as distinct"
post #12047 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Haha, no no, I haven't seen anyone here go on full attack mode. You should check out some threads about "is bass below 20hz important" or something similar if you want to see some serious attacking going on.

This thread is as friendly as it gets, but every once in awhile things get spiced up with some good back and forth arguments but you don't see people getting personal.

Hooo Hoo... good to know... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

That's why I hangout here exclussively.. makes me feel more comfortable being honest.. when you hangout at some forums, you feel like you must be at your toe the whole time... and not say what you want to say...

Coming from a country that suppresses free speech (when it comes to 'certain' things that could get you an indefinite jail term with no trial), it's refreshing to find a forum where you can be free..
post #12048 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

Right again... smile.gif

However, based on the last GTG which had both the noesis and the cat, i think most (with the exception of 1 or 2) either gave 'equal' standing to both, or giving the Noesis a slight edge, including popalock, when subs are engaged... thus, my conclusion that the compression driver in the Noesis is superior.. (Does anyone know for sure which is better? BMS Coax Compression driver vs B&C coax... My conclusion is based on relative reviews)

Statements like these made my decisions..

"but I noted that the Neosis might have the edge on subtlety"

"The clarity of the speaker was crystal clear and almost as good as the Noesis, but just not as dynamic."

"highs and mids were very clear [cat12] as well as the noesis, but I felt they weren't as distinct"

I guess since you have no way of hearing both you'll probably just have to fall back on that old saying "ignorance is bliss" and just keep on enjoying your JTR's.

I've also read pretty much everything I could on both speakers and the impression I keep coming away with is anyone would be extremely happy to own either. Hell I'd LOVE to have an LCR setup of Cat 12's but its just not practical, and if and when I upgrade speakers it would be towards the 212HT's over the Cat 12's.

Basically what you have with both of them is the "top of the food chain" HT speakers, and you couldn't go wrong with owning either of them.
post #12049 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

smile.gif At Uluru / Ayres Rock on a winter morning, yes? Iconic.


You are correct sir. It was a beautiful sunrise but bloody cold. smile.gif
post #12050 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

You are correct sir. It was a beautiful sunrise but bloody cold. smile.gif

It's nice to put a face to such a wonderful gentleman... smile.gif

I don't know why, but you remind me of David Gemmell (of of my favorite Fantasy writers of all time)...
post #12051 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Still two different animals and the Cat 12s are double the price. I did find the Cat 12 mighty impressive, more so in full range. However, dollar for dollar and if you are running multiple subs, the Noesis just make sense and they do it on very little power. That is the major thing that bothers me about the Cat 12's is having to plug them in. Amazing speakers, but I will take the Noes all day long.

And I'm sure most Catalysts owners would say the Cats are superior (without ever having heard the Noesis). I have also heard and like both speakers and if a SQ difference exists, it is due to the Compression Driver in the Noesis. That is the Noesis advantage. smile.gif
post #12052 of 18499
RMK.. now I know why.. you guys look alike:

post #12053 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post


That AVR is badass. If I am right it weighs around 85lbs and is a true 200wpc (1400 w/total) ICE power amps. MSRP was over 7 Grand. This will run the 212 Effortlessly without any problems. They do not make AVRs like that anymore. I came from a Mythos ST system with tens all around to the T12 2 years ago. JTR is another level.
Both speakers are worth every penny of the asking price ($2200 vs $3600). Your personal wants, needs, and taste will be the deciding factor in your purchase.
You win with either so Good Luck
Chris


Yea I bought this beast brand new from a local Pioneer authorize dealer. I think it was the last production line. But not for 7 grand. Got it for 5400. Also got it the the same time as with a elite 151 and 141. Then sold the 141 to make some money and kept the other.
Anyway um.. Thanks guys for your input between the two speakers. Sorry if I sparked up anything. Never was my intention. Was just asking if my AVR would run the Noesis. Again I like the looks of the Cats and I bet they sound awsome. Same with the Noesis. But also wanted to kept my subs and my LCR the same bloodline. You know what I mean.

Thanks again..
Rodney
Edited by rhed - 10/24/13 at 10:37pm
post #12054 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Haha, no no, I haven't seen anyone here go on full attack mode. You should check out some threads about "is bass below 20hz important" or something similar if you want to see some serious attacking going on.

For the record, there is no reason to play speakers and subs below 20 Hz. Simply none. That's why I'm going to put a 48db high-pass crossover at 20 Hz on my 3 LMS 5400s.

Flame on! smile.gif
post #12055 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

For the record, there is no reason to play speakers and subs below 20 Hz. Simply none. That's why I'm going to put a 48db high-pass crossover at 20 Hz on my 3 LMS 5400s.

Flame on! smile.gif

I was actually experimenting with setting a HP filter tonight on the subversive pair
post #12056 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

For the record, there is no reason to play speakers and subs below 20 Hz. Simply none. That's why I'm going to put a 48db high-pass crossover at 20 Hz on my 3 LMS 5400s.

Flame on! smile.gif

That's a very interesting take.
post #12057 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

For the record, there is no reason to play speakers and subs below 20 Hz. Simply none. That's why I'm going to put a 48db high-pass crossover at 20 Hz on my 3 LMS 5400s.

Flame on! smile.gif

Considering that Imax sounds so damn awesome and they only go down to 22hz, I tend to agree...

Ok, I am about to say something that will definitely invite flaming.. and serves me right that is... tongue.gif (how dare I blaspheme)

It really is GREAT to demo the OS to buddies at insane volume and insane 'low down bass' that shakes the foundation loose,... but I doubt i'll ever watch an entire movie at that kind of bass... after a while, you just get a headache and your body needs a recovery time to deal with it all.. Once I am able to hook up my processor, I'll likely cut off the bass at about 15-20 hz before sending out to the OS... depending on how i like it (base on personal preference)...

Again, I am only speaking for myself... there are those who will enjoy deep below 20hz bass more than me... and the more power to you... smile.gif

And this goes back to why i prefer my HSUs over the OS when I am playing music.. one of the reason is because i think the HSUs sort of taper off below 20hz... i don't get that 'constant' 'heaviness' down below...

On the other hand, i don't think i can get enough Mid Bass... tongue.gif

ps: after all that, I would never give up my OS for even 10 HSUs.. because, hey, it's always cool to shake up and put the fear in god in some buddies when they come for a visit... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifeek.gif
Edited by coolgeek - 10/25/13 at 1:18am
post #12058 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

Considering that Imax sounds so damn awesome and they only go down to 22hz, I tend to agree...

Ok, I am about to say something that will definitely invite flaming.. and serves me right that is... tongue.gif (how dare I blaspheme)

It really is GREAT to demo the OS to buddies at insane volume and insane 'low down bass' that shakes the foundation loose,... but I doubt i'll ever watch an entire movie at that kind of bass... after a while, you just get a headache and your body needs a recovery time to deal with it all.. Once I am able to hook up my processor, I'll likely cut off the bass at about 15-20 hz before sending out to the OS... depending on how i like it (base on personal preference)...

Again, I am only speaking for myself... there are those who will enjoy deep below 20hz bass more than me... and the more power to you... smile.gif

And this goes back to why i prefer my HSUs over the OS when I am playing music.. one of the reason is because i think the HSUs sort of taper off below 20hz... i don't get that 'constant' 'heaviness' down below...

On the other hand, i don't think i can get enough Mid Bass... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

ps: after all that, I would never give up my OS for even 10 HSUs.. because, hey, it's always cool to shake up and put the fear in god in some buddies when they come and visit... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
I think mainly cool geek is you have to TUNE your system. It's like building a performance car. Let's focus on just the engine. You can spend tens of thousands building lots of horse power. Machined block, bored cylinders, aftermarket forged pistons, rods, crankshaft that is polished and counterbalanced. Aftermarket cam shafts, valves, seals, valve stems...turbocharger, big fuel injectors, manifolds, etc...you get the picture. Well all of this stuff built into one engine is garbage without a final computerized sytematical tune on the Dyno. The engine control management system has to be optimized to performance.

It's the same with sound. The OS is like a twin turbo 1500HP mustang cobra. She needs some tuning! By that I mean room placement is THE number one factor. You may be getting a 42hz 14db bloat and then 66hz14db drop. Which could very well explain your midbass issue. You have to get into some measurement gear if you want to optimize your system. I am no pro by any means. I am still in my rookie year of this hobby but these last few weeks of getting into REW and tweaking and measuring and tweaking and measuring then listening then tweaking then listening and you get the picture. My understanding that I am no longer playing guessing games and hope it sounds good has opened my eyes to believe I can actually do it all myself. I can see what my room does to my precious sound waves and adjust and tweak accordingly. The room is your speaker, it dictates how it sounds. I bet if you went to RMKs where Jeff tuned the system you might think he had different subs. Anyway rant over all in good sport smile.gif

Omnimic I hear is plug and play, you might go that route to

Ps, I just swiped the card for over 400 today on DIY accoustic panel and bass trap materials smile.gif
post #12059 of 18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

I think mainly cool geek is you have to TUNE your system. It's like building a performance car. Let's focus on just the engine. You can spend tens of thousands building lots of horse power. Machined block, bored cylinders, aftermarket forged pistons, rods, crankshaft that is polished and counterbalanced. Aftermarket cam shafts, valves, seals, valve stems...turbocharger, big fuel injectors, manifolds, etc...you get the picture. Well all of this stuff built into one engine is garbage without a final computerized sytematical tune on the Dyno. The engine control management system has to be optimized to performance.

It's the same with sound. The OS is like a twin turbo 1500HP mustang cobra. She needs some tuning! By that I mean room placement is THE number one factor. You may be getting a 42hz 14db bloat and then 66hz14db drop. Which could very well explain your midbass issue. You have to get into some measurement gear if you want to optimize your system. I am no pro by any means. I am still in my rookie year of this hobby but these last few weeks of getting into REW and tweaking and measuring and tweaking and measuring then listening then tweaking then listening and you get the picture. My understanding that I am no longer playing guessing games and hope it sounds good has opened my eyes to believe I can actually do it all myself. I can see what my room does to my precious sound waves and adjust and tweak accordingly. The room is your speaker, it dictates how it sounds. I bet if you went to RMKs where Jeff tuned the system you might think he had different subs. Anyway rant over all in good sport smile.gif

Omnimic I hear is plug and play, you might go that route to

Ps, I just swiped the card for over 400 today on DIY accoustic panel and bass trap materials smile.gif

Yes, I believe you're 100% right... there are most likely room-modes that i have to deal with before the OS is polished... I think because the HSUs tend to taper off below 20 or 25, it might not encounter the room modes so much, thus, sounds better without room treatment...

I am frustrated because I did buy the Omnimic package.. but send it one of my oldest and best friend in the US.. for some personal reasons, which I can't say, he's currently not delivering it to me.. i have no idea when he will (my receivers, an onkyo 809 and onkyo 5010, plus cables, etc) are all currently stuck at his house...

All i can be is patient...
post #12060 of 18499
Hi Coolgeek,

The Omnimic I think not even 1% of your investment in your system. I sugguest you should get another one instead of waiting indefinitely. When you get the Omnimic from your friend may be a week, a month or a year later. JUst sell it off. Since it new you might only need to loose 10 - 20% which is only around USD20 - 30.
You owe it to yourself for not getting a measuring equipmnt with such expensive set up.

Cheers
Marcus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Official JTR speaker thread