Originally Posted by goonstopher
Few triple 8 questions:
1. Can they be run very close? My Lcr are basically spread out just wider than a 50" tv so they are a couple feet apart and cover maybe 5-6 feet from one side to the other.
2. How helpful is adding more power? I keep finding 2 opinions, one that you don't need more to get enough output and another than more power somehow ads to the sound.
3. In my situation (speakers so close) would I be better served with 2 quad 8's in a phantom center or 3 triple 8's lcr or 2 t8's with 600w power from an ep2000
1. This configuration would be good for phantom center.
2. Depends on room size and you listening preferences. The JTR's efficiency makes them workable with just about any AVR or pre-pro amp combo. But, if you like it really loud or have a large room, power is helpful
3. See above. I would go with a pair of 2010 T8's and add amp/center later if needed.