or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Official JTR speaker thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official JTR speaker thread - Page 162

post #4831 of 18388
The drivers are made for JTR by Eminence based on his specs.
post #4832 of 18388

Hi all,

Want to say the horny12's have got my interest peaked.

I had mentioned getting 4 more t12lps as side & rears,maybe the thing to do is get 3 hornys and one more t12lp.

Use the hornys for LCR's and the rest as side and rears. I'll wait for RMK's review and make a decision after.

One concern is timbre matching, going to a horn may change that.confused.gif Have new seats in my HT, heres some photo's that are posted in my profile which has  more.

 

 

post #4833 of 18388
Dragon
That is an excellent idea.
The timbre match would be no more different than the T12,s and the Slant 8,s.
It would be a perfect match. That is the best 7 speaker system I can think of
Your room is looking great, I like those new chairs.
Damn!!!!
Chris
Edited by countryWV - 9/30/12 at 6:13pm
post #4834 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholmes54 View Post

thanks,didnt know it was that much $$$$! How much are the new 12s each? The drivers in the 12s are made in Ky and can be bought at Parts Express forgot the name.

Eminence drivers
Reply
Reply
post #4835 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

Hi all,
Want to say the horny12's have got my interest peaked.
I had mentioned getting 4 more t12lps as side & rears,maybe the thing to do is get 3 hornys and one more t12lp.
Use the hornys for LCR's and the rest as side and rears. I'll wait for RMK's review and make a decision after.
One concern is timbre matching, going to a horn may change that.confused.gif  Have new seats in my HT, heres some photo's that are posted in my profile which has  more.






Your room is looking great DLP and I know it sounds great cool.gif. I really liked your old chairs but I'm sure the new ones are more comfortable. Very important to recline for movies ... no?

I'll be sure and post comments when I get the new speakers in and setup.
Edited by RMK! - 10/1/12 at 12:54am
post #4836 of 18388
Eminence is a small town in northern Ky where the spks are made.What is the cost of the new 12s? thanks
post #4837 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post


Your room is looking great DLP and I know it sounds great cool.gif. I really liked your old chairs but I'm sure the new ones are more comfortable. Very important to recline for movies ... no?
I'll be sure and post comments when I get the new speakers in and setup.

                                Ci !  (yes !) Recline, very important. RMK i have'nt noticed if the horny 12's dimensions are known,any info?

post #4838 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

                                Ci !  (yes !) Recline, very important. RMK i have'nt noticed if the horny 12's dimensions are known,any info?

They are approx the same dimensions as the current T12's. There is a rumor he may make a sealed version and that will probably be a smaller form factor but the horn depth might be an issue.

Good to see my Horny 12 name suggestion is getting some traction ...tongue.gif > I think Jeff has something more traditional in mind... wink.gif
post #4839 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholmes54 View Post

Eminence is a small town in northern Ky where the spks are made.What is the cost of the new 12s? thanks

No "official" price announced. Call Jeff ... smile.gif
post #4840 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I was thinking that too but when you consider:
The CD alone cost $750
Horn cost ???
New Crossover $300-400 (hand built by Jeff)
The cabinet (although similar to the T12) needs to be modified for the horn.
Bottom line is unless you can sell the old coax/CD and crossover (I didn't want to hassle with that), it just doesn't make financial sense. You could sell the T12's and buy the new Horns for approx the same number. smile.gif

Just out of curiosity, how much is the current Triple 12 compression driver?

Mark
post #4841 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post


They are approx the same dimensions as the current T12's. There is a rumor he may make a sealed version and that will probably be a smaller form factor but the horn depth might be an issue.
Good to see my Horny 12 name suggestion is getting some traction ...tongue.gif > I think Jeff has something more traditional in mind... wink.gif

      Glad to here the overall dimensions will remain the same as current t12's, my setup has sealed t12's and most certainly i will want sealed horny's! Hope a sealed version becomes part of the line up.rolleyes.gif I like Horny!  Wish my wife liked horny as much as i do. HeHeHe!biggrin.gif

post #4842 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

      Glad to here the overall dimensions will remain the same as current t12's, my setup has sealed t12's and most certainly i will want sealed horny's! Hope a sealed version becomes part of the line up.rolleyes.gif  I like Horny!  Wish my wife liked horny as much as i do. HeHeHe!biggrin.gif

Looks like you got your wish...about the sealed part anyway.

Quote:
Residential (starts shiping Oct 15th):

Noesis 212HT ‚Äď MSRP $2999, Internet $2199 Pre-order $1999
Noesis 212HT-lp ‚Äď MSRP $2999, Internet $2199 Pre-order $1999

http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/noesis-212ht/
post #4843 of 18388
according to the site sealed and vented versions are the exact same size, wonder if that is a typo.
post #4844 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

      Glad to here the overall dimensions will remain the same as current t12's, my setup has sealed t12's and most certainly i will want sealed horny's! Hope a sealed version becomes part of the line up.rolleyes.gif  I like Horny!  Wish my wife liked horny as much as i do. HeHeHe!biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz View Post

according to the site sealed and vented versions are the exact same size, wonder if that is a typo.

Might be a typo ...

I'm getting the vented Noesis (I still like Horny better tongue.gif ) so don't know about the sealed. Jeff mentioned the horn depth as being an issue so they may be the same depth but different widths due to the lack of vents.
post #4845 of 18388
I'd say it's a typo. The T12HT-LP has had the same dimensions as the vented listed since launch last year wink.gif
post #4846 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEXXD View Post

I'd say it's a typo. The T12HT-LP has had the same dimensions as the vented listed since launch last year wink.gif

     My t12lp's are 38"hx13.5 "w x12.5 d . The JTR forum has the correct dimensions.

post #4847 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

     My t12lp's are 38"hx13.5 "w x12.5 d . The JTR forum has the correct dimensions.

Just talking with Jeff about shipping (125 lbs each eek.gif) and he said the LP dimensions are incorrect. He will fix ... smile.gif
post #4848 of 18388
Dropping by to say, I love my JTRs! A week or so ago, I was watching "The Fugitive" there is a scene where a parade is going on and they focused on the marching band, the snare in particular. I was thrown! It sounded and felt like someone was playing a snare right in front of me. It was very realistic, I say this because I am a musician, I've been around a lot of percussion and woah! Been doing a lot of stereo listening lately, lots of original scores, the depth and detail is surprising. I can listen for hours, no fatigue involved, in fact, I keep wanting to take the volume higher and higher.

-RMB
post #4849 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmb1080p View Post

Dropping by to say, I love my JTRs! A week or so ago, I was watching "The Fugitive" there is a scene where a parade is going on and they focused on the marching band, the snare in particular. I was thrown! It sounded and felt like someone was playing a snare right in front of me. It was very realistic, I say this because I am a musician, I've been around a lot of percussion and woah! Been doing a lot of stereo listening lately, lots of original scores, the depth and detail is surprising. I can listen for hours, no fatigue involved, in fact, I keep wanting to take the volume higher and higher.
-RMB

Good to hear a musician that enjoys the JTR's for that purpose. What JTR's models are you using?
post #4850 of 18388

               I see that the new noesis 212ht and 212htlp  are both vented enclosers, according too the website the HT version dimensions are  40"x16.5"x14 ", same as the t12ht. And the htlp version (not sealed)are the same as the t12lpsealed, 38"x13.5x12.5. Wonder why they are'nt sealed.

post #4851 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

               I see that the new noesis 212ht and 212htlp  are both vented enclosers, according too the website the HT version dimensions are  40"x16.5"x14 ", same as the t12ht. And the htlp version (not sealed)are the same as the t12lpsealed, 38"x13.5x12.5. Wonder why they are'nt sealed.

The text was corrected. The LP's are sealed units. smile.gif Hoping for some photos tonight ... cool.gif
Edited by RMK! - 10/2/12 at 5:17pm
post #4852 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post


The text was corrected. The LP's are sealed units. smile.gif Hoping for some photos tonight ... cool.gif

      Thats great news ! I'll check out the jtr site . Yeah! Post those photo's if you can tonight...smile.gif  Sir. That is if you get them!

post #4853 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

               I see that the new noesis 212ht and 212htlp  are both vented enclosers, according too the website the HT version dimensions are  40"x16.5"x14 ", same as the t12ht. And the htlp version (not sealed)are the same as the t12lpsealed, 38"x13.5x12.5. Wonder why they are'nt sealed.

If you have a look at the 7th bullet point, the site does mention the cabinet is a sealed design.
post #4854 of 18388
What's the difference between the Orbit Shifters and S2? They are both the same price, so, which is better for home theater use? Which has more output, deeper, stronger bass? Also, what's the difference between the Orbit Shifter LF and LFU?? Can't seem to find any difference in the two.
post #4855 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

What's the difference between the Orbit Shifters and S2? They are both the same price, so, which is better for home theater use? Which has more output, deeper, stronger bass? Also, what's the difference between the Orbit Shifter LF and LFU?? Can't seem to find any difference in the two.

The orbit shifter has more output above 20hz, while the cap s2 has more output below 20hz.

Both are great for hometheatre, and will come down to personal preference based on the above, and horn loaded vs sealed design

The difference b/w the LF and LFU is the orientation of the sub - the LF is more flat (taking up more floor space), while the LFU is more upright (taller).

Have a look on the jtr forum, you can find the information there.
post #4856 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

What's the difference between the Orbit Shifters and S2? They are both the same price, so, which is better for home theater use? Which has more output, deeper, stronger bass? Also, what's the difference between the Orbit Shifter LF and LFU?? Can't seem to find any difference in the two.

From the various forums I believe Jeff has said that the S2 provides twice the output of the OS below the OS's horn tuning frequency and the OS provides twice the output of the S2 at and above the horn's tune. I chose to go with the S2 because of it's much easier to manage footprint compared to the OS and due to the fact that it provides twice the output down low where getting reference level SPL's is typically more difficult. I know the S2 has ample headroom to produce reference playback above 25hz so the added output of the OS in that range isn't required.

With all that said I wouldn't be upset with a pair or either! wink.gif I'll post impressions of the S2 after I get everything setup.
post #4857 of 18388
I received a couple of photos today but unfortunately, they are not my speakers ... frown.giftongue.gif

But for those of you who are interested, here are a couple of pics of the new Noesis 212HT-LP





They look pretty cool ... No?
post #4858 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I received a couple of photos today but unfortunately, they are not my speakers ... frown.giftongue.gif
But for those of you who are interested, here are a couple of pics of the new Noesis 212HT-LP


They look pretty cool ... No?

I dig em!
post #4859 of 18388
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I received a couple of photos today but unfortunately, they are not my speakers ... frown.giftongue.gif
But for those of you who are interested, here are a couple of pics of the new Noesis 212HT-LP


They look pretty cool ... No?

I would assume RMK you are going sealed? Right?

Would assume LF extension via ported wouldn't be needed therefore a sealed cabinet would give better transient response over a broader spectrum. Sure giving these new speakers a serious look...............
post #4860 of 18388
Is it me or should every JTR picture have some size reference in it; such as someone's hand, a baby, a CD etc... Everything is so freaking big that pictures like the ones above almost look like a 6" center with a horn in the middle. Hell, I'm getting 730lbs+ speakers on Friday from Jeff...how many "official" threads have people claiming things like that!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Official JTR speaker thread