or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Official JTR speaker thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official JTR speaker thread - Page 237

post #7081 of 18704
That looks really nice! You'll have a fun weekend listening and watching to all the demo material you have.
post #7082 of 18704
Wow, that looks fantastic! I bet it sounds even better, though.
post #7083 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Well, my second S2 arrived this morning and my wall of sound is complete...for now..that is my story and I am sticking to it smile.gif





Ahhh ... balanced at last ... biggrin.gif

How's it sound?
post #7084 of 18704
That looks so good, you can tell those spaces were meant for the S2's. Perfect.
post #7085 of 18704
Our systems really are set up alike. I'm really happy with everything so far. I'm sure you are as well.

jaqa5y9a.jpg

5e8a7yma.jpg

3ajesa5u.jpg
post #7086 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post

Our systems really are set up alike. I'm really happy with everything so far. I'm sure you are as well.


5e8a7yma.jpg

nice waves!
post #7087 of 18704
That Elite screen at times looks really bad. Usually after letting the screen down for a few hours they go away. I think it's time to tighten the screen to rod connection at the bottom. Could always ditch the plasma on the wall and go with a fixed screen.
post #7088 of 18704
Good looking rooms fellas!!!
post #7089 of 18704
Quote:
That Elite screen at times looks really bad. Usually after letting the screen down for a few hours they go away. I think it's time to tighten the screen to rod connection at the bottom. Could always ditch the plasma on the wall and go with a fixed screen.

Go with a wider Seymor AV acoustically transparent retractable and drop it in front of the speakers!
post #7090 of 18704
Thank you for all the kinds words...we must support each other in our addiction wink.gif Just got done with Terminator Salvation...hadn't seen it in a couple years and forgot how agressive the sound track is. Gave both S2 a good workout. Looks better now without the empty space and sounds as good as ever. I am sure there will be a couple more movies in my future for this weekend. I had planned this JTR layout to the inch when I had the room built and the journey is finally complete...for now smile.gif
post #7091 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Thank you for all the kinds words...we must support each other in our addiction wink.gif Just got done with Terminator Salvation...hadn't seen it in a couple years and forgot how agressive the sound track is. Gave both S2 a good workout. Looks better now without the empty space and sounds as good as ever. I am sure there will be a couple more movies in my future for this weekend. I had planned this JTR layout to the inch when I had the room built and the journey is finally complete...for now smile.gif

Always leave the door open for more.... That is the way I roll.
post #7092 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Well, my second S2 arrived this morning and my wall of sound is complete...for now..that is my story and I am sticking to it smile.gif





Wonderful setup!! Just the look of it is amazing!!
The center is a T8, BTW?
post #7093 of 18704
Frolich and seanile, you guys have awesome looking set ups! Have you tried putting all those subs in the 4 corners of the room seanile? Or does it being at the front sound better?
post #7094 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Good looking rooms fellas!!!

I agree they both look great! I want to hear more impressions on SQ too.
post #7095 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post

Always leave the door open for more.... That is the way I roll.

coach did I miss any posts of you impressions on the new speakers. I saw your pic (I won't even comment on those, enough has been said already;)) But didn't see any impressions, are you still setting up?
post #7096 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Thank you for all the kinds words...we must support each other in our addiction wink.gif Just got done with Terminator Salvation...hadn't seen it in a couple years and forgot how agressive the sound track is. Gave both S2 a good workout. Looks better now without the empty space and sounds as good as ever. I am sure there will be a couple more movies in my future for this weekend. I had planned this JTR layout to the inch when I had the room built and the journey is finally complete...for now smile.gif

Well if you watched that one I would recommend you go with something like Underworld Awakening next. Watched that one last week at -3 when the family was out of town and it's more of a visceral experience than a movie! biggrin.gif


All of these double S2 owners are making me jealous. If I could see the bass asymmetry in my room I'me sure it would drive me nuts! Thank goodness for false walls and AT screens!
post #7097 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady84 View Post

Well if you watched that one I would recommend you go with something like Underworld Awakening next. Watched that one last week at -3 when the family was out of town and it's more of a visceral experience than a movie! biggrin.gif


All of these double S2 owners are making me jealous. If I could see the bass asymmetry in my room I'me sure it would drive me nuts! Thank goodness for false walls and AT screens!

+1
post #7098 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Well, my second S2 arrived this morning and my wall of sound is complete...for now..that is my story and I am sticking to it smile.gif





WOW, this set up must blow your cap backwards Frohlich! I'd be worried about my room falling apart with a set up like that!
post #7099 of 18704
Haha wow Frohlich that system looks REALLY damn aggressive and badass!
post #7100 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Well, my second S2 arrived this morning and my wall of sound is complete...for now..that is my story and I am sticking to it smile.gif





Now for the female's point of view....Looks so much better with the speaker grill covers on, and nice vacuum job on the carpet, looks professionally done. wink.gif Enjoy!
post #7101 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post

Now for the female's point of view....Looks so much better with the speaker grill covers on, and nice vacuum job on the carpet, looks professionally done. wink.gif Enjoy!

I usually do keep them on. Just take the off for macho effect...you know how us guys are smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post

Always leave the door open for more.... That is the way I roll.

I hear ya. I do have a knack for impulse purchases. Though as we talked about earlier, golf season is coming and usually my HT addiction subsides and doesn't come back until golf season ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

Wonderful setup!! Just the look of it is amazing!!
The center is a T8, BTW?

Yes that is triple 8 as my center. Looks small in the midst of the other speakers but it is not small at all...75lbs I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post

Our systems really are set up alike. I'm really happy with everything so far. I'm sure you are as well.

YEah, I noticed that when you posted previous pictures. Guess we have good taste biggrin.gif
post #7102 of 18704
I'm a grills off kind guy wink.gif Stealth is for suckers, I want people to go "WTF is that???" hehehe
post #7103 of 18704
My CHT SS 18.2's don't have a grill option. I'd like to have matching grills for everything.
post #7104 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I'm a grills off kind guy wink.gif Stealth is for suckers, I want people to go "WTF is that???" hehehe
At my house the WTF? comes during the the sound promo as the movie is starting. Since they can't see the JTR's they are really surprised by what comes out of the screen.
post #7105 of 18704
Got my speaker stands all finished up. Here are some pics.





These are 2 door stoppers that I got from HD today that are pretty heavy duty. They had a shiny silver around the edge of em and since I have a bunch of Duratex left over, I put 2 textured coats on them. I put them under the center channel speaker before I painted them and you could see the silver bright so I just painted them.


And here is the finished product after they are all in place and hooked up.







Still need to run Audyssey though, which I'll be doing tonight at some point.
post #7106 of 18704
Those stands turned out fantastic Drew! Especially the center. Really professional and quite an improvement over my version. I think you just inspired me to upgrade mine.
post #7107 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

Got my speaker stands all finished up. Here are some pics.





These are 2 door stoppers that I got from HD today that are pretty heavy duty. They had a shiny silver around the edge of em and since I have a bunch of Duratex left over, I put 2 textured coats on them. I put them under the center channel speaker before I painted them and you could see the silver bright so I just painted them.


And here is the finished product after they are all in place and hooked up.







Still need to run Audyssey though, which I'll be doing tonight at some point.

Those look good, nice job!

I was thinking of making some stands a while back and thought it would be nice to build them like you did but to make them 1.5" wider and deeper and put a piece of 3/4" quarter round around the top so that the stands were a little bigger and give them a slightly wider stance. It would also function as an inset for the speakers themselves and hold them in position in case things get too raucous ... tongue.gifbiggrin.gif
post #7108 of 18704
Thanks guys. You know RMK I was actually thinking about making them 1" wider on each side initially, but then said screw that! I like the flush look for sure. And those speakers are so heavy they aren't going ANYWHERE.

I ran Audyssey and wow, it sounds incredible now. I can tell an immediate difference. It's mainly with how much LOUDER it sounds now that the tweeters are ear level or directed at ear level for the center. I had to turn things down a good 5-7db less than I was listening to previously. It sounds so crystal clear though!

Question about speaker placement for you guys. Right now, all the speakers are pretty much aimed directly at the main listening position. I tested out sitting in the outter seats in my setup, and it definitely does not sound as good in those seats, primarily because the speakers aren't really aimed there at all. Would it be better to aim them a little "straighter" so they are aiming more towards the outer seats? But if I do that, will I lose that awesome sound I'm hearing right now at the main position?

I guess I could always just play around with it and run Audyssey a few different times lol.
post #7109 of 18704
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post

Thanks guys. You know RMK I was actually thinking about making them 1" wider on each side initially, but then said screw that! I like the flush look for sure. And those speakers are so heavy they aren't going ANYWHERE.

I ran Audyssey and wow, it sounds incredible now. I can tell an immediate difference. It's mainly with how much LOUDER it sounds now that the tweeters are ear level or directed at ear level for the center. I had to turn things down a good 5-7db less than I was listening to previously. It sounds so crystal clear though!

Question about speaker placement for you guys. Right now, all the speakers are pretty much aimed directly at the main listening position. I tested out sitting in the outter seats in my setup, and it definitely does not sound as good in those seats, primarily because the speakers aren't really aimed there at all. Would it be better to aim them a little "straighter" so they are aiming more towards the outer seats? But if I do that, will I lose that awesome sound I'm hearing right now at the main position?

I guess I could always just play around with it and run Audyssey a few different times lol.

Yup, that's the way to do it. I had my T12's aimed just outside of my center love seat chairs and the sound in all 4 front row seats was/is excellent. Side reflections had a negative effect on the outside seats and that is why I treated my side walls but my ceiling is also treated. It is not an exact science...smile.gif
Edited by RMK! - 2/2/13 at 7:59pm
post #7110 of 18704
Cool I will give it a go tomorrow at some point, possibly tonight, so that the sound isn't quite so focused in the central area.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Official JTR speaker thread