Update 011; I'm pretty sure mine is 008, but it's not broke, so why would I fix it? And who on Earth gives a rip about BD-Live?http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...mdl=BDPS1000ES
Filename : UPDATA_11X011.ZIP
Version : 011
Last Modified : 02/10/2011
Size : 48.09 MB
What does this do?
This utility upgrades the Blu-ray Disc player firmware to version 011, and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over firmware version 008:
* Improves BD-ROM playability.
Benefits provided by previous upgrades and included in version 011
* Improves compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs.
* Adds support for using an external USB hard drive for BD-Live functions.
Note: Sony recommends using the Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB portable hard drive (model WDME3200) for BD-Live functions.
o Use of this hard drive with the Blu-ray Disc player is intended only for BD-Live functions.
o Sony cannot guarantee that other external USB hard drives will support the BD-Live functions.
* BD-Live allows you to enjoy additional content and services while playing a BD-Live capable disc.
* For optimal performance, we recommend that you use a Broadband Internet connection to access BD-Live content and services.
* BD-Live content and services require an external USB storage device for local storage.