or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Technical › New LAVA A-230 antenna results
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New LAVA A-230 antenna results

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I just received some new antennas from my distributor here in Ft.Wayne. And i have been paying heavy shippingcharges from the U.K. for televes and Triax antennas. This antenna is an identical match to the triax and lab-gear aerial. I put it up and tested it and the Zenith/Phillips H.D. antenna came down. The signal level went from a 72 to a 89 on the on screen tuner meter and is a rock steady lock. The station received is WBGU d.t.27 from Bowling Green , Ohio some 60 miles away from Ft.wayne. Our PBS d.t.40 does not broadcast 1080i. And does not broadcast in 16:9 format. The antenna uses tubular elements fot the reflector and dipole assembly the design is unique and is a well built antenna with some nice features like an adjustable cable strain relief . As an installer I was surprised by this aerial and performance of it . It is under the name LAVA a-230 take a peek at it. The band range is 470-862 mhz. Gain is rated at 18dbi. Front to back ratio is 27 db. Beam width is + - 15 degrees. Built in " f ' connector no transformer needed. dimensions are 1056 x 540 mm.
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerial1 View Post

I just received some new antennas from my distributor here in Ft.Wayne. And i have been paying heavy shippingcharges from the U.K. for televes and Triax antennas. This antenna is an identical match to the triax and lab-gear aerial. I put it up and tested it and the Zenith/Phillips H.D. antenna came down. The signal level went from a 72 to a 89 on the on screen tuner meter and is a rock steady lock. The station received is WBGU d.t.27 from Bowling Green , Ohio some 60 miles away from Ft.wayne. Our PBS d.t.40 does not broadcast 1080i. And does not broadcast in 16:9 format. The antenna uses tubular elements fot the reflector and dipole assembly the design is unique and is a well built antenna with some nice features like an adjustable cable strain relief . As an installer I was surprised by this aerial and performance of it . It is under the name LAVA a-230 take a peek at it.

I saw this antenna last week.I feel their gain figures are "a little bloated" however I trust your findings.Couldn't find the boom length or beamwidth figures,what info do you have.I've been looking for something to try for a comparison to a 6 ft parabolic.tnx for the info!!
post #3 of 7
Looks like a Chinese-made knock-off of the Televes DAT-75
post #4 of 7
I'm no expert, but wouldn't an XG91 be as good, or better? And it's readily available in the US.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ross View Post

I'm no expert, but wouldn't an XG91 be as good, or better? And it's readily available in the US.

:shrug:

I guess it depends on whether either antenna's "numbers" are valid....
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
I did not receive any specs. on this antenna. It is comming down after testing and my rare 4251 C.M. is going up for some testing. I have installed Televes xg-43 antennas but the Indiana ice storms are too much for the director elements. I would love to test an xg-91 but I was told assembly is intensive. Is that true? Thanks for some information.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerial1 View Post

I did not receive any specs. on this antenna. It is comming down after testing and my rare 4251 C.M. is going up for some testing. I have installed Televes xg-43 antennas but the Indiana ice storms are too much for the director elements. I would love to test an xg-91 but I was told assembly is intensive. Is that true? Thanks for some information.

The 91XG has a lot of pieces, but assembly is straightforward.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Technical
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Technical › New LAVA A-230 antenna results