or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › Theta Digital Bluray player.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Theta Digital Bluray player. - Page 7

post #181 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_newbie View Post

Do you know what changes Theta has done to achieve lower noise and more vivid and life-like colors over Oppo?

You should look at tyree91´s post #83 at page 3 for this thread. It has a nice list of what Theta has done with the Oppo.
I believe it is the sum of all that which contributes to the high quality video output from the Compli Blu.
post #182 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

Armando, how did you get ahold of one so quick in Norway. No one here in the U.S. has given any subjective performance review so far.

I believe I got hold of one because Theta sent one to my dealer
And maybe the reason for that is because of the HUGE market over here
Seriously, I don´t know.

BTW, my unit is in black. With the Silver Theta Logo against the black face plate it really looks stunning!
post #183 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post

Oh boy .

By chance, does your processor display the input *video* format it is receiving (e.g. RGB/ YUV, 4:2:2, 4:2:0, etc)? If so, can you display that in the above scenarios and report back what it says?

Amir, I believe I set both the Oppo and Compli Blu to send 4:2:2, but will report back. (Not at home at the moment)
post #184 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post

-Results for audio:
Running digital audio out, there were big differences. The Compli Blu is far ahead.

=>Compli Blu won for both audio and video.


-Results for audio:
Sames as with Blu-Ray. Running digital audio out, there were big differences. The Compli Blu is far ahead.

Preferred order
1. Compli Blu digital to the Cinema 11a
2. Oppo SE analog to the Cinema 11a
3. Oppo SE digital to the Cinema 11a
4. Compli Blu analog to the Cinema 11a

2 & 3 are hard to separate, sound very like on most recordings, also 1 & 2 are pretty close.

!

Armand, nice job. Finally something new to report from the Theta front.

First, can you clarify the statements above? Initially, you say that that the Compli beats the SE hands down on digital out ("far ahead"). But then in your finally summary say the difference between (1) and (2) are pretty close and (2) and (3) are also close, which suggest (1) and (3) are not that far apart. I cannot reconcile these two statements.

Second, if indeed the Compli is a superior digital HDMI transport (which appears to be the bottome line of your assessment), this would be a brilliant piece of Theta engineering, since I have not read a single review of any piece of equipment that sounded any better than a standard BD-83 over HDMI out, regardless of price. How Theta manages to squeeze such better bits out of the player without actualy changing any of the digital circuitry or clock is beyond me but thenagain I'm not an engineer. It also bodes well for the upcoming Ayre, who is actually changing the guts of the digital audio output (including separate clock, separate HDMI output), so this promises to be an even better digital transport. It would also be very interesting to do the same comparison (Oppo / Compli), into the HD621 (Kal, any interest?), to see if the differences are still there with the HD621, which is a very different architecture for processing the HDMI signal than the Cinema 11a.
post #185 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

Armand, nice job. Finally something new to report from the Theta front.

First, can you clarify the statements above? Initially, you say that that the Compli beats the SE hands down on digital out ("far ahead"). But then in your finally summary say the difference between (1) and (2) are pretty close and (2) and (3) are also close, which suggest (1) and (3) are not that far apart. I cannot reconcile these two statements.

Edorr, thanks.
When I said that (1) and (2) and also (2) and (3) are pretty close that is with SACD.

You have edited my review in your quote so the first part is not for SACD, but for video. So you have interpreted a little wrong assuming that I experienced the same differences with movies and with SACD. According to my findings there were less differences with SACD.

As I said under the SACD part "Digital out from the Compli is a little bit better than from the Oppo. I don´t know why, but of some reason I think I could here bigger differences with movies where the Compli Blu was much better."


Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

Second, if indeed the Compli is a superior digital HDMI transport (which appears to be the bottome line of your assessment), this would be a brilliant piece of Theta engineering, since I have not read a single review of any piece of equipment that sounded any better than a standard BD-83 over HDMI out, regardless of price. How Theta manages to squeeze such better bits out of the player without actualy changing any of the digital circuitry or clock is beyond me but thenagain I'm not an engineer. It also bodes well for the upcoming Ayre, who is actually changing the guts of the digital audio output (including separate clock, separate HDMI output), so this promises to be an even better digital transport.

Yes, I agree. I have found the Compli to be a superb transport. And yes, I guess the Ayre will not be bad either. I have read some of C.Hansens comments in the DX-5 thread and it seems that it will perform very well also from the analog outputs.
post #186 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post

Edorr, thanks.
When I said that (1) and (2) and also (2) and (3) are pretty close that is with SACD.

You have edited my review in your quote so the first part is not for SACD, but for video. So you have interpreted a little wrong assuming that I experienced the same differences with movies and with SACD. According to my findings there were less differences with SACD.

As I said under the SACD part "Digital out from the Compli is a little bit better than from the Oppo. I don´t know why, but of some reason I think I could here bigger differences with movies where the Compli Blu was much better."

Now it makes sense. Your preference ranking was only pertaining to SACD. Thanks for clarifying.
post #187 of 401
Yes, the preference ranking was for SACD. With movies i would have (2) and (3) to change positions.

Also, one of the reasons why the Compli Blu was more ahead of the Oppo with movies could be because movie sound was sent as bitstream. SACDs were sent as PCM. So in the process og converting DSD to PCM the Compli maybe loses some og it's advantages over the Oppo. This is just my theory, I really don't know. I guess the only way to find out is to connect the players to a DSD capable processor.
post #188 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post

Yes!
Also, one of the reasons why the Compli Blu was more ahead of the Oppo with movies could be because movie sound was sent as bitstream. SACDs were sent as PCM. So in the process og converting DSD to PCM the Compli maybe loses some og it's advantages over the Oppo. This is just my theory, I really don't know. I guess the only way to find out is to connect the players to a DSD capable processor.

It is a reasonable theory. My first working assumption is that with top notch gear SACD will always sound better converted DSD direct in the player into a very good (multi-channel or 2 channel) analog preamp, then PCM over HDMI into a SSP. The reason your Compli HDMI (narrowly) beats out the SE analog is most likely a result of the analog section of your Cinema11. If you ran the SE through a Ref3 with HT bypass I'm pretty sure the SE would win hands down.

My second working assumption was that for Blu Ray Audio, a well implemented HDMI route through a SSP would beat the analog path, which your findings seems to confirm.

However, my third working assumption was that all you would ever need as an HDMI transport is an Oppo DB-83 because nothing is going to sound any better (except may be the Ayre which rebuilds the diigtal section), and all sound quality is a function of the quality of the SSP. This assumption appears to now have to go out the door based on your findings UNLESS the difference between the Compli and SE dissapear again when using an HD621.
post #189 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

Which I why I'm surprised/puzzled you qualified CD playback over Xtreme cards compared to your Marantz SA7S1 over six shooter as "garbage". For me the Xtreme give me the best CD playback I've ever had, but then I never owned a $7K CD player.

IMO, compared to the Marantz SA-7 the Xtremes should not even be discussed in the same thread. I have not heard the univeral player. It's cheaper than the two channel player so it would be a bargain if the performance is equal. The Xtremes are great for a surround processor. As you may surmise, I do not think that much of surround processors for music.
post #190 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

However, my third working assumption was that all you would ever need as an HDMI transport is an Oppo DB-83 because nothing is going to sound any better (except may be the Ayre which rebuilds the diigtal section), and all sound quality is a function of the quality of the SSP. This assumption appears to now have to go out the door based on your findings UNLESS the difference between the Compli and SE dissapear again when using an HD621.

As a transport I believe the Compli always will be better than the Oppo no matter what surround box you place in the other end of the HDMI cable. This because of the improvements Theta have done, especially regarding Power Supply and the extra damping of the drawer.
post #191 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post

As a transport I believe the Compli always will be better than the Oppo no matter what surround box you place in the other end of the HDMI cable. This because of the improvements Theta have done, especially regarding Power Supply and the extra damping of the drawer.

Thanks for the through comments. I think Theta may have a winner here. I believe the better power supply would reduce jitter. With most Casablanca owners looking for a good transport to use with the HDMI upgrade, this player seems exactly suited for that.
post #192 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

I will soon be able to tell myself as I have a ud9004 arriving next week.

When it arrives, I would suggest you all set the levels for the Six Shooter to maximum and then do the final adjustments to channel levels in the Marantz. I find the Six Shooter is more dynamic with movies when you take this approach. I find the Casablanca to do better with movies, as for dynamics, but it could have been the Toshiba HD combination. Still, Theta does some processing with the Center Spread in the Casablanca that allows the center to better blend with the L/R. I ran a full range identical speaker for my center with my last speakers so it was not as big of a factor. My decision as to what I will do with my next set-up has not been made as there is no current matching center for my speakers. Resale of the single speaker, that I used for a center, in my last set-up was dismal.
post #193 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post

When it arrives, I would suggest you all set the levels for the Six Shooter to maximum and then do the final adjustments to channel levels in the Marantz. I find the Six Shooter is more dynamic with movies when you take this approach. I find the Casablanca to do better with movies, as for dynamics, but it could have been the Toshiba HD combination. Still, Theta does some processing with the Center Spread in the Casablanca that allows the center to better blend with the L/R. I ran a full range identical speaker for my center with my last speakers so it was not as big of a factor. My decision as to what I will do with my next set-up has not been made as there is no current matching center for my speakers. Resale of the single speaker, that I used for a center, in my last set-up was dismal.

I would be hope the multi-channel analog outs of the Marantz are in in an entirely different league than your Toshiba, so I would expect the six shooter route to beat digital over the CBIII hands down. If it does not, I have probably bet on the wrong (analog) horse, and should have gotten the new Compli and use it as a digital transport into the CBIII/HDMI instead. We'll see. I'll try your suggestion to trim channels in the Marantz.
post #194 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

I would be hope the multi-channel analog outs of the Marantz are in in an entirely different league than your Toshiba, so I would expect the six shooter route to beat digital over the CBIII hands down. If it does not, I have probably bet on the wrong (analog) horse, and should have gotten the new Compli and use it as a digital transport into the CBIII/HDMI instead. We'll see. I'll try your suggestion to trim channels in the Marantz.

Why do you assume the Toshiba didn't sound better with high-rez tracks? That was not the issue. The Six Shooter is not perfect. It does not sound as dynamic with movies as the Casablanca. That was the issue. I need the dynamics more for movies. The fidelity more for music. There just aren't that many explosions in the music that I like. The Six Shooter sounds like a passive. There is not just one answer that suits everyone. Use what you like. I am just expressing my personal preferences and subjective impressions. Whether you find the same is relevant to YOU.
post #195 of 401
Update for my original review regarding SACD playback:

In the beginning I preferred HDMI to the Cary but as the Compli Blu now is fully broken-in I prefer analog. Running analog from the Compli through the analog bypass input on the Cary has slightly less noise and the music is a little more vivid and life-like. But these differences are very small. I have a very transparent and dynamic system so I think the differences are maybe not possible to find in another less resolving system.

For movies I still prefer to run digital from the Compli Blu to my SSP.
post #196 of 401
Back from Arkansas where I was designing and pre-wiring a new home. The Compli Blu now has about 350 hrs on it. This thing has surprised me.
First understand that I am a dealer for the following BD players: LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Pioneer, JVC, Sharp, Pioneer Elite, Denon, Marantz, & Oppo so with the current state of affairs Theta has certainly been on a back burner. I've installed a lot of BD players, and this will be the
first Theta. We are running an Elite BDP-09FD in our reference system at this time, and have been very pleased with it. There have been no
problems, and it bested an Oppo BDP-83 in an earlier shootout (of course it costs 4+ times more than the Oppo.) I've installed Five Oppo SE's,
but didn't have them long enough to put them in the reference system so I can't say much abouth the SE. Now to the Compli Blu:
Out of the box it sounded terrible, strident, thin, flat, no air. I put in a MC SACD, set it to Repeat, and went on to Arkansas with it running.
After I returned I changed the disc every day, Classical Symphony one day, Hard Rock the next, and so on for 6 days, 24 hours a day. At this point things had greatly improved. The unit had fleshed out in the low & mid bass, a sense of air and dimension appeared, and the stridency was gone replaced by just a bit of top end edge. I put in some DVD-As on repeat for 4 days, and went back to life. Now at 250 or so hours we got down to some serious evaluation. The following descriptions apply to the Analogue outs to a Theta Six-Shooter playing SACD (both Stereo & MC,) DVD-A, and Redbook CDs: First it was extremely Dynamic. It seemed to be very fast in that it had a very quick, clear leading edge on transient attacks. It was very airy and had a real nice three dimensional image. FR was sweet on top and nice natural mids with a tight fast bottom end with no wooliness. It was far more musical, sweeter, and dynamic than the BD-83, which I find less than ideal with its Analogue outs. It was also more musical and Dynamic than the old Compli and our Denon DVD-5910CI Universal Player.
On BDs the Theta bested the Oppo in every way in audio, which it should for the difference in $$$$. Compared to the Elite 09FD the Compli Blu was more dynamic, open and airy. The Pioneer is very sweet and musical, but lacks the Dynamics and Transient response of the of the more lively Compli Blu. It also doesn't have the depth of image compared to the Theta. This was shown most succinctly on the magnificent two episode import version of John Woo's "Red Cliff." It is a beautiful pair of films with great acting, history, sets, cinematography, and sound. The battle scenes are among the best I've ever seen on film. The Compli Blu rendered this a fabulous Cinematic Experience, one of the best I've ever enjoyed in my theater. The sound was ultra dynamic and drew the viewer into the story more than I'm used to, edge of your seat stuff. The sound field was completely enveloping, and the bottom end was crushing without beeing bloated. Simply amazing stuff. It just blew me away.
The picture seemed better than I remembered from the Oppo. More three dimensional with better color saturation, and less artifacts, but this is more from the fact that it had slightly more of these qualities than the Elite 09FD which had bettered the Oppo head to head by a small margin (via HDMI directly into a JVC-HD750.) The moveable sub-titles allowed for perfect placement with our Panamorph 240:1 system, somthing the Elite cannot do.
Sadly I did not get to evaluate the Theta as an HDMI Audio Transport, lacking an HDMI SSP in our theater. That will have to wait for another day.
It would seem that Dave Reich's work on the new Power Supply, along with the reworked and much more rigid Transport Mechanism has done wonders for the Compli Blu compared to its OEM Cousin. It would seem that this has improved clock performance, thus reducing jitter and allowing for more clarity and dynamics. I would favor it over the Elite 09FD as well, and also the big Denon. As for the Marantz UD-9004 I can't comment not having heard or seen it in action except at RMAF in an unfamiliar system. The only negative I found was that the Power LED was a damn light cannon in the room which lit up a whole wall across from the gear. It would require a cover if it's in the room.
This is definitly not simply a re-badged Oppo like the Lexicon, but a new High End entry into the BD Player wars that is worth an audition. I really didn't expect this level of performance from this unit. A pleasant surprise, and a Universal to boot. Regards, Norm
post #197 of 401
Norm:

Thanks for taking the time to post your observations. I assume, for video, you were using the VP capabilities internal to the CompliBlu - as opposed to in the JVC or an external VP?

To your knowledge, is this unit generally available? There seem to be so few of them in the hands of consumers that I start to wonder if it is a special order/make-to-order unit?

Has anyone had an opportunity to evaluate this piece as a digitial transport - do the modifications listed in post #83 on page 3 of this thread, for example, make a difference for digital performance? I currently use a regular Oppo BDP83 for SACD, both flavors of DVD, and BD - CD is played on my Meridian 800 - but I'd love to have a more robust, better looking unit (that doesn't down-rez SACD). Unfortunately I don't know anyone locally who has one to borrow .... I suppose if this piece were $1,500 it'd be a no brainer, I'd just get one myself - not quite so at $3K.

Simon
post #198 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post

Norm:

Thanks for taking the time to post your observations. I assume, for video, you were using the VP capabilities internal to the CompliBlu - as opposed to in the JVC or an external VP?

To your knowledge, is this unit generally available? There seem to be so few of them in the hands of consumers that I start to wonder if it is a special order/make-to-order unit?

Has anyone had an opportunity to evaluate this piece as a digitial transport - do the modifications listed in post #83 on page 3 of this thread, for example, make a difference for digital performance? I currently use a regular Oppo BDP83 for SACD, both flavors of DVD, and BD - CD is played on my Meridian 800 - but I'd love to have a more robust, better looking unit (that doesn't down-rez SACD). Unfortunately I don't know anyone locally who has one to borrow .... I suppose if this piece were $1,500 it'd be a no brainer, I'd just get one myself - not quite so at $3K.

Simon

Simon, I know there was a delay in getting faceplates from their vendor so there were only rack mount units available for some time. It was, in fact, an RM unit for our customer which we had for evaluation. Had he not been in Europe on Concert Location we would not have had the opportunity to break in his unit and evaluate it so completly on our home system.
The firmware is identical to the Oppo so it will not output DSD from SACDs, only PCM, just as the Oppo. It also only has the single X-over point and the inability to have the Center or Surround Channels have a larger delay than the Mains. Of course if used as an HDMI Transport these aren't important. I would have to think that the more beefed up , stable power supply would reduce jitter and make this unit an excellent source for HDMI output. This assumption is backed up by the improvements I heard from the analogue outputs. Regards, Norm
post #199 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyree91 View Post

I would have to think that the more beefed up , stable power supply would reduce jitter and make this unit an excellent source for HDMI output. This assumption is backed up by the improvements I heard from the analogue outputs. Regards, Norm

My experience with the Marantz UD9004, used as a HDMI transport for video only (using analog out for audio) vs my Oppo BDP-83 (now sold)
surprised me in that the Marantz picture was clearly more naturally sharper and 3D with better black level than that of the Oppo. Previously, the Oppo had beat both a Panasonic BD30 and BD35, which had the same picture quality. Based on this, I would expect the Theta Compli Blu, as both the Theta dnd Marantz have beefed up power supplies, to provide
better video quality over HDMI than the Oppo at least in top notch big screen projector theaters.
post #200 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilesavant View Post

Or you could try the Oppo BDP-83SE ($899) or NuForce BDP-83SE ($1299), both of which have "beefed-up" power supplies, and substantially better analog output sections than the Compli-Blu for you Six Shooter fans, at one-third to one-half the cost of Theta's offering. Granted, you won't get a heavy anodized Theta faceplate.

They don't have "Beefed Up" PSs, the Sabre DACs have different PS requirements so it was re-designed to be compatible with the Sabres. The Theta has a PS with an "80 Watt ultra-quiet toroidal transformer, additional, independent 10 Watt transformer for Standby circuit, a total of 7 Amps of power available to supply the unit, four independently rectified and regulated power supplies over 40,000 uF filter capacitance, in small, low ESR multiples."
The Oppos don't have anything approaching this, and remember I think the Oppos are the best value for the $$$ in the marketplace today. Norm
post #201 of 401
I am looking for a blu ray player too. Can some one please elaborate why would a blu ray transport or player need 7 amps of power supply and how would it improve the performance ? Just trying to understand the facts to make the right decision.
post #202 of 401
"The Theta has a PS with an "80 Watt ultra-quiet toroidal transformer, additional, independent 10 Watt transformer for Standby circuit, a total of 7 Amps of power available to supply the unit, four independently rectified and regulated power supplies over 40,000 uF filter capacitance, in small, low ESR multiples."
The Oppos don't have anything approaching this"

Why would the Oppos have anything approaching that. They draw 0.29 amps when running and .004 amps in standby.

Shawn
post #203 of 401
"Can some one please elaborate why would a blu ray transport or player need 7 amps of power supply and how would it improve the performance ?"

It doesn't have a 7 amp power supply in it, it has a 0.6 amp power supply (80 watt transformer).

"a total of 7 Amps of power available to supply the unit"

This can probably be translated into.... ' a 7 amp fuse installed on the unit.'

Shawn
post #204 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilesavant View Post

Or you could try the Oppo BDP-83SE ($899) or NuForce BDP-83SE ($1299), both of which have "beefed-up" power supplies, and substantially better analog output sections than the Compli-Blu for you Six Shooter fans, at one-third to one-half the cost of Theta's offering. Granted, you won't get a heavy anodized Theta faceplate.

I don´t know the Nuforce, but the Compli Blu definately sounds better in my system in direct comparison with the Oppo BDP-83SE (The Compli Blu replaced the Oppo 83SE in my main system which was moved over to my secondary system). I have had my Compli Blu for several months now and I am extremely happy with it. Also for movies, especially Blu-Ray, it is just awesome.
post #205 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfogg View Post

It doesn't have a 7 amp power supply in it, it has a 0.6 amp power supply (80 watt transformer).

"a total of 7 Amps of power available to supply the unit"

This can probably be translated into.... ' a 7 amp fuse installed on the unit.'

Shawn

Or that 7 amps is the *output* of the power supply, not input.
post #206 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilesavant View Post

Or you could try the Oppo BDP-83SE ($899) or NuForce BDP-83SE ($1299), both of which have "beefed-up" power supplies, and substantially better analog output sections than the Compli-Blu for you Six Shooter fans, at one-third to one-half the cost of Theta's offering. Granted, you won't get a heavy anodized Theta faceplate.

I am not sure about the SE and Nuforce, but what is different in the Compli BR is they replaced the switching powersupply with a linear power supply. I'm no electrical engineer, but according to some high end desing luminaries (including Charles Hanson) this reduces noice and is essential to build any true high end piece. We can now start a discussion about the merits of linear power supplies over switching which is a lot more pertinent than Amperage specs. For some points of view on this subjects read the Ayre DX-5 thread. Interestingly I never found out if the Marantz has a linear power supply (the McIntosh universal does).
post #207 of 401
"I am not sure about the SE and Nuforce, but what is different in the Compli BR is they replaced the switching powersupply with a linear power supply."

Nope, not according to the specs given by Theta.

See how it will accept any voltage from 100-240v.... that is a switching power supply. Not a linear power supply.

See how its power consumption is identical to the factory Oppo? Linear supplies are not as efficient as switching. If they switched to linear it would be using more power even if it was feeding the circuits the same amount of current.

"but according to some high end desing luminaries (including Charles Hanson) this reduces noice and is essential to build any true high end piece."

So then by that 'logic' the Theta isn't a true high end piece.

Shawn
post #208 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfogg View Post

"I am not sure about the SE and Nuforce, but what is different in the Compli BR is they replaced the switching powersupply with a linear power supply."

Nope, not according to the specs given by Theta.

See how it will accept any voltage from 100-240v.... that is a switching power supply. Not a linear power supply.

See how its power consumption is identical to the factory Oppo? Linear supplies are not as efficient as switching. If they switched to linear it would be using more power even if it was feeding the circuits the same amount of current.

"but according to some high end desing luminaries (including Charles Hanson) this reduces noice and is essential to build any true high end piece."

So then by that 'logic' the Theta isn't a true high end piece.

Shawn

Would be interesting to get Theta to make a statement on this. It has been stated elsewhere the Compli BR has a linear powersupply. See for example:

http://blog.stereophile.com/ces2010/theta_rising/
post #209 of 401
Theta already made a statement on this:

Power Supply ~ 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz AC

Universal voltage input products are using switching supplies, end of story.

With linear supplies they either are fixed at a single voltage input or to change to a different input voltage you have to change taps on a transformer.

Shawn
post #210 of 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfogg View Post

Theta already made a statement on this:

Power Supply ~ 100V - 240V, 50/60Hz AC

Universal voltage input products are using switching supplies, end of story.

With linear supplies they either are fixed at a single voltage input or to change to a different input voltage you have to change taps on a transformer.

Shawn

From Theta Website:
Custom designed ANALOG POWER SUPPLY, which includes the following:
A.An 80 Watt ultra-quiet toroidal transformer.

B.Additional, independent 10 Watt transformer for Standby circuit.

C.A total of 7 Amps of power available to supply the unit.

D.Four independently rectified and regulated power supplies.

E.Over 40,000 uF filter capacitance, in small, low ESR multiples.

F.2 oz. gold plated copper used throughout.

How can an Analogue Power Supply be a switcing supply?
From Ayre's website on the DX-5:
Double regulated analog power supplies

Are Dave Reich and Charles Hansen making Switching Analogue Power
supplies? Norm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › Theta Digital Bluray player.