Originally Posted by ///3oris
Looks like a very exciting platform. Does anyone have it yet? I can't find much in the form of real reviews just rehashing of marketing material. I'm mostly interested in the following information from owners or reviews:
1. How loud is the machine (fan noise, HD, cd/dvd/br drive?)
2. Will the minimum spec'd machine with a BR drive able to play BR's?
3. Is there some kind of infrared port that I can control MCE (or whatever else) with a remote?
4. As someone else asked earlier, is it powerful enough to handle DVR duties with a USB or network based tuner such as HDHomeRun?
Once again, this looks pretty promising and exciting. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the AMD/ATI platforms compared to the Intel/nVidia stuff so I don't really know how powerful this box really is.
I provided some of that in my blog...http://links.amd.com/ZinoHD
But to your specific questions,
1) It was very quiet. I left it on (not sleeping but fully powered up) overnight in my bedroom and it was only barely notible.
2) I am waiting on a BD enabled machine now, but I think even the unit I had could have done BD. However, it was taken from me for some marketing stuff before I could get to testing BD. I should get it back this week to continue testing.
3) No Ir port. However there are 4 USB ports so you could just pick up a cheap USB Ir+remote solution and get remote functionality that way.
4) I had a single ATSC tuner hooked up and did DVR in HD just fine. Going to get a splitter and hook up 2 tuners when I get it back.