or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Sony Bravia XBR4 - Negative Picture problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony Bravia XBR4 - Negative Picture problem - Page 3

post #61 of 86
Looks like you have a full understanding of what is needed. See if you can obtain the correct TCON and start from there since it is the least expensive component in the video process chain.
post #62 of 86
display veteran,

Here's the specific information on my TV:

Serial # 800xxxx
Panel # LTZ520HC01
TCON board # 404652HHC8LV1.8

In your previous reply you had indicated that the G7 build Panel label should read LTC520HC01 (I am assuming that the "C" is really a "Z" and it is just a typo.)
I am unable to locate a matching TCON board for my particular G7 Panel/Panel label #/TCON board # etc.. Especially since there is no part # on the physical TCON board (which is what is making the task more difficult than it should be)

1) Could you please suggest where I could locate a TCON board for my particular build (G7 Panel) ?
2) Do you know if this particular TCON is interchangeable on a 40XBR4, 46XBR4 & a 52XBR4 ?
3) Could you please cross reference an accurate part # for this TCON board, since I am not able to get one off of the original board ?

Thanks in advance ...
post #63 of 86
Please bear with me until I return from out of town later this week. I should have an answer for you by Friday. The TCON for your panel is available (although in a limited quantity).
post #64 of 86
display veteran,
That's not a problem at all. I will check back later this week...
Thanks again....
post #65 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdhaliwal View Post

display veteran,
That's not a problem at all. I will check back later this week...
Thanks again....

OK, I'm back.

Here is the scoop on the TCON's used in this model:

The early version and the later version are electrically interchangeable but not mechanically. In other words, if you try to install a later version TCON PCB into an earlier version, the shield and heat sink components will not match because different chipsets are used. If you can obtain the TCON complete with sheild and heat sink you are OK but that is really hard to do unless it is scavenged from a scrapped unit.

The early version uses a dual TCON drive whereas the later incorporated a single IC. I have attached photos of each. I plan on putting a TCON removal procedure together and post it here.
LL
LL
post #66 of 86
I seem to have developed this problem recently. The screen flashes a bright white "negative", sometimes quickly and sometimes it stays that way for 10 seconds or so. It seems to come and go, usually when I first turn on the TV. After the TV warms up it might go for hours before it does it again, very unpredictable. Regarding the warranty extension, does that cover this problem or is it strictly an issue with the boards and therefore I'm on my own?
post #67 of 86
This is how the problem on my KDL52XBR4 first started out. It was very intermittent and wouldn't happen very frequently. Then the problem progressively got worse and got to the point where the bright white negative screen became a permanent problem.
My attempts at getting SONY to cover it under the warranty was unsuccessful.
Replacing the TCON board fixed the problem, many thanks to the extremely helpful individuals who provided their valuable time and insights.
post #68 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdhaliwal View Post

This is how the problem on my KDL52XBR4 first started out. It was very intermittent and wouldn't happen very frequently. Then the problem progressively got worse and got to the point where the bright white negative screen became a permanent problem.
My attempts at getting SONY to cover it under the warranty was unsuccessful.
Replacing the TCON board fixed the problem, many thanks to the extremely helpful individuals who provided their valuable time and insights.

Were you able to replace the board yourself? The problem for me has completely stopped but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts up again.
post #69 of 86
Yes, I was able to replace the board myself. It took time and effort, but can be done with a bit of patience.
"Display Veteran" was very helpful and provided with very insightful guidance and even a TCON replacement document that he sent my way. I can email it to you if you would like. Finding the right TCON board for my particular model/serial # series was a little painful but at the end I was able to get one that worked on my 52XBR4
post #70 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdhaliwal View Post

Yes, I was able to replace the board myself. It took time and effort, but can be done with a bit of patience.
"Display Veteran" was very helpful and provided with very insightful guidance and even a TCON replacement document that he sent my way. I can email it to you if you would like. Finding the right TCON board for my particular model/serial # series was a little painful but at the end I was able to get one that worked on my 52XBR4

Hi bsdhaliwal / Display Veteran,

I have the same issue and would appreciate if you guys can share the TCON replacement document with me.

Thanks in advance.
post #71 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdhaliwal View Post

Yes, I was able to replace the board myself. It took time and effort, but can be done with a bit of patience.
"Display Veteran" was very helpful and provided with very insightful guidance and even a TCON replacement document that he sent my way. I can email it to you if you would like. Finding the right TCON board for my particular model/serial # series was a little painful but at the end I was able to get one that worked on my 52XBR4

Thanks but the problem has fixed itself. It's been working great for a couple months now and hasn't flashed once. I know it could start up again without warning but it's really weird that it was doing it for a few weeks a lot but now it's fine.
post #72 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlim89 View Post

Hi bsdhaliwal / Display Veteran,

I have the same issue and would appreciate if you guys can share the TCON replacement document with me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rlim89,
I have the TCON replacement document for the 52XBR4 that I originally got from Display Veteran. Send me a PM with your email id and I will send it your way.
Display Veteran was going to post it after it was all spruced up, but I haven't been able to locate it on this site.
post #73 of 86
Hi guys-

Does someone have info on why the panel switch happened during production? Is it related to the warranty being extended on the 46" sets?

I also have an 800 serial number 52" set, but my problem is one that I have seen multiple pictures posted of here. The three horizontal lines.

Is anyone aware of any solution to the problem?
post #74 of 86
I am having similar problems with my kdl-52xbr4. The image is distorted on the right side of the screen only. 2/3 of the screen from left to right has a perfect image. If the channel I'm on displays a still image for any length of time and then moves on to a different image or moving video, the original image seems to linger and slowly fade (right side only).

Do you think this could be a TCON issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like:

post #75 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglash88 View Post

I am having similar problems with my kdl-52xbr4. The image is distorted on the right side of the screen only. 2/3 of the screen from left to right has a perfect image. If the channel I'm on displays a still image for any length of time and then moves on to a different image or moving video, the original image seems to linger and slowly fade (right side only).

Do you think this could be a TCON issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like:


Anyone have any advice? Do you think this is a panel problem or one of the boards? I found all the boards online and have them bookmarked in case I need them. thanks
post #76 of 86
There is a Facebook page created by Sony called "I Have a Defective Sony TV".

Good Luck...

Only the 46" sets have had the warranty extended until 2012.
You needed to spend less money.

post #77 of 86
I can fix it if it is not the panels. I am hoping it is one of the boards. It has been a while, but some posters from a while back have logged all the different problems and effective ways of fixing them. I was hoping to hear from one of them.
post #78 of 86
Hello Froglash88,
My name is Evelyn from Sony electronics the SonyListens Team. I apologize for the problems you are having with your TV. Please e-mail us at sonylistens@am.sony.com to see how we can help you. Include a brief description of the problem, and a method to contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,

Evelyn Perez
SonyListens :-)
post #79 of 86
I also have the ghosting-double image problem with my KDL-52XBR4. After reading a lot of the posts, I decided to try changing the UB1 (T-Con) board. It did not correct the problem so I am going to try the FB1 board next. For anyone that wants to tackle the UB1 (T-Con) replacement, I made a tutorial for doing it on my blog. I searched to find a tutorial to do this and found one that left me with some gray areas during the process. Even though it didn't work for me, at least anyone else that trys will have this to help. I can't post my blog URL but if you send me a PM, I will e-mail you the link. Good luck and thanks to everyone on this forum for their help.
post #80 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by display veteran View Post

Please bear with me until I return from out of town later this week. I should have an answer for you by Friday. The TCON for your panel is available (although in a limited quantity).

HI DISPLAY VETERAN,

I have the same problem reported at the beginning of the discussion forum.
My tv model is KLV-32T400A. Could it be caused by T-CON board as well. I sent this tv to a technician and he confirmed its a T-CON board problem but there is no part number for this board so i should replace the panel. Please, is it possible to get the correct T-CON part for this model?

I seriously need help.
Thanks & br,
post #81 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayanib View Post

HI DISPLAY VETERAN,

I have the same problem reported at the beginning of the discussion forum.
My tv model is KLV-32T400A. Could it be caused by T-CON board as well. I sent this tv to a technician and he confirmed its a T-CON board problem but there is no part number for this board so i should replace the panel. Please, is it possible to get the correct T-CON part for this model?

I seriously need help.
Thanks & br,

I too have same problem with my klv-32t400a, Please share if your problem solved. thank you
post #82 of 86
I have a KDL-46WL135 that just started having this issue last night. I was in the process of attempting to repair the dark screen issue that so many people have reported with Sony LCD sets (the reason for this model's warranty being extended). Unfortunately I don't have the original purchase receipt.

Anyway, I was attempting to lift up the metal frame to access the LCD panel connectors along the top edge when the display suddenly went white with negative images like the OP showed in the first post.

I found this T-CON board on ShopJimmy for 50 bucks, hope it will fix the white screen issue: http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-lj9...-con-board.htm
post #83 of 86
Networm,

I have a problem with negative picture on Sony Bravia XBR4 TV similat to what you had in 2009.
I found your thread in this Forum.
You finished replacing TCON - correct?

Let me ask you - did it help "in a long run"? Do you completely solve the problem by replacing TCON?

In my situation, after 3-4 hours of cooling off TV the picture is back to normal and can stay normal for 2-3 days of intensive work (TV is on for 5-6 hours).
Then, it switched to negative again.....

TV probably ran fine because the problem is ALSO in solder connections or temperature related failure. However the symptoms are identical to your TCON problems..

I appreciate if you would let me know whether a new TCON completely solved the problem.
Thank you,

Sergei
post #84 of 86
Hello i know this is a really really old thread but our tv here is exactly the same negative picture can you please tell me how it worked for you smile.gif
post #85 of 86
Sergei


Replacing the T-CON board complete solved the negative picture issue. And since then the TV is running clean. I remember some one in this thread had similar issues like you have mentioned - his profile ID is - bsdhaliwal - check his posts.

Hope this help and you will be able to solve this issue.
post #86 of 86
I have the same tv KDL-52XBR4 and had same problem as Networm & spxChrome. After long reading + other research I ordered TCON from http://www.retechtv.com/products/lj94-01944h-404652fix2hc6lv1-3-sony-samsung-lcd-controller

Problem solved. Thanks all

chuycau
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Sony Bravia XBR4 - Negative Picture problem