I need some advice on putting together a 5.1 system for my apartment that will be relatively unobtrusive, but will sound great. I've always ogled at the Bose Lifestyle demos at the mall, but the price has always been "ridiculous". This will be my first attempt putting together a quality HT system.
- Living room is about 13' x 13' x 8', with the left side open to the dining room/kitchen area.
- Usage is currently about 50% TV, 30% games, 20% movies. I will be listening to music once I get this system put together.
- I'd like to stick a 5.1 for the time being.
- I jumped on a Pioneer VSX-21TXH today (eBay, but am already having buyer's remorse - I may have spent too much on the receiver).
- I'd like to spend about $500 on the speakers + sub, but there is definitely wiggle room on the budget.
The only speakers I've seriously considered so far are all satellites, as our apartment is not very big. Large cabinets will not fly with the wife, so aesthetics is somewhat of a concern.
The three Energy satellite systems all seem to be great options.
- Energy Take Classic 5.0 (great deal right now with an Acoustech VK-12 sub)
- Energy RC Micro 5.1 (boxed with sub)
- Energy RC Mini's (which I missed out on a great deal on and may no longer be an option)
I also got a preview at the Mirage Omnisats at Magnolia yesterday - they got wife approval.
I'm going to find some time this week to have a listen at different speakers. But with a receiver on the way, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting antsy about getting speakers soon. Just doing my part in stimulating the economy.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!