Originally Posted by Knucklehead90
And the 875
is available in silver for $699 - and arguably has a better amp section than the 876.
What do you base that on? Are you thinking about the 905/906 vs 875/876?
The 875 and the 876 are almost identical, see specs:http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=...s=Receiver&p=shttp://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=...s=Receiver&p=s
These are the changes from TX-SR875 I know about:
- an extra HDMI out: 2 HDMI Outputs [Main/Sub])
- THX Ultra2 Plus Certified
- THX Loudness Plus
- THX Ultra2 Music / Game
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for Loudness Correction
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume to Maintain Optimal Listening Level and Dynamic Range
- HD Radio reception (North American models only)
- ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) Video Calibration Function per video source input
including a) a "Blue Only Mode" for color adjustments and b) an explicit choice of SD->HD colorspace conversion.
- Music Optimizer to Support Compressed Digital Music Files
- Newly Designed GUI for System Set-up
- New calibration microphone for Audyssey manufactured by Audyssey and not Onkyo like the 875/905.