Originally Posted by David602
VC-1 will not play back yet.
All audio tracks will bitstream fine except LPCM tracks from discs such as Pirates of the Carribean. With MPC's matroska splitter, it won't even connect to the FFDSHOW audio filter. Using HAALI, it plays but it's only 2 channel stereo.
Try VC-1 decoders:
- ffdshow libavcodec, wmv9
- MPC Video Decoder = ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
- WMVideo Decoder DMO (included in Windows)
- CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD 9/10) with a loader
- ArcSoft Video Decoder (TMT3) (how to use it
- Intel Media SDK VC-1 Decoder
It looks like there is no definitive VC-1 decoder.
Try to enable "Uncompressed" formats in ffdshow audio decoder configuration > Codecs. It's definitely a filter issue in your system. If "Uncompressed" is disabled, ffdshow won't connect to the internal Matroska splitter or Haali. With Haali, it directly connect to DirectSound audio device; so it you select "stereo" (resp. 5.1, 7.1) in speaker configuration, you will get stereo (resp. 5.1, 7.1).