I have a laptop that I use to stream music with MediaMonkey and I want to use it as a DVD player also. Specs for the laptop are:
The monitor is a Samsung LNT4053H:
- Pentium IV 3200MHz
- 1GB RAM
- Wireless G with good signal
- Radeon Mobile 9800 video card, 256MB memory, 1024 x 768, DVI and VGA out
- DVD drive (QSI SBW242U)
- Windows XP SP3 installed, Vista Home Premium on the shelf
Audio is via an EMU 0404 USB interface that feeds a stereo with subwoofer.
- HDMI and VGA input
- 1366 x 768 resolution (1024 x 768 supported)
- What DVD player software do you recommend?
- Can I get it to play widescreen?
- Could I add an external Bluray drive and get a better picture?