or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Standout Designs picture thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Standout Designs picture thread - Page 5

post #121 of 329
Since this is a picture thread I thought I'd add some. I am extremely happy with my Standout Design purchase and I've been equally happy with their customer service, both before and after the sale.

I took one picture showing all the cables I had to deal with, yet with the multitude of well thought out cable runs in the cabinet, I was still able to close up the back in all three sections, use the bottom drawer for movie storage and at the same time attach a surge suppressor to the back of the bottom drawer and leave scope in the cords so the drawer could open fully. The back of the cabinet now has a nice clean look and sits only a couple of inches from the wall.
LL
LL
LL
post #122 of 329
That's a Definitive Technologies ProCenter 2000 in the top drawer. It sounds just fine in there too.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #123 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

That's a Definitive Technologies ProCenter 2000 in the top drawer. It sounds just fine in there too.

Looks like a nice setup. Just a note that I would be careful about putting that glass shelf so close to the top of your AVR. I assume you got the vented glass shelves (along with the fans that I see) but even with those measures, a lot of heat is going to buildup and you don't want it being reflected back down onto your AVR from the non-vented portions of the glass shelf. The more space you can put between the AVR and the glass shelf above it, the cooler/safer your AVR will run.
post #124 of 329
The vented shelves and the fans are standard on the Majestic Grand.

I also think that the shelf is too close to the receiver, but if you want it that way/don't have a better option then find the operating temperatures for your Onkyo, put a temperture probe on top of it and check that it stays whitin that range after some hours of work.
post #125 of 329
Well, I received by 702 some weeks ago and it's awesome. My previous cabinet I had vented myself and added a couple of 120mm films (made by the Cooler Guys, who actually appear to provide the fans for Standout too...), but they were pretty loud. The fans in the Standout are silent. It's a beautiful unit, and totally functional. Mine isn't jam-packed with stuff (it's pretty empty actually...), so I don't run into any heat issues at all. Great product.

The only caveat I had was delivery, which since I live in NYC was by some local company. I watched them unload it from the truck, with the lift gate. They lowered the gate, and then the other guy in the truck just slide the cabinet out and it dropped the 4' to the lowered gate! I nearly had to change my diaper after that one. The corner of the box had a decent-size dent,but after unpacking, the unit was untouched and in perfect shape. So just know that they pack their units exceedingly well too, so most, if not all, units should arrive in pristine condition.

I still can't believe those delivery morons did that...
post #126 of 329
That's a good thought, but it has not been an issue for me. The AVR has been in there for weeks now and I run it all evening for TV/MOVIES/MUSIC etc.. Zero issue.

I actually did put a probe in there as I wanted to see the delta between the two fan probes. One kicks on at about 88 and one at 85. The cooler one happens to be on the AVR side. The fans do kick on and off, but that's the point isn't it?

When I open the cabinet and stick my hand in there it's nominally warm, not hot at all. The Cabinet design is perfect IMO. The vents are just under the AVR, pulling the cool air up and through the shelves and right through the AVR too.

Honestly, at least for me, the AVR is cooler to the touch while running in the cabinet than it was sitting on top of a table before I got the cabinet.

As with anything, YMMV but my experience has shown that this cabinet is very carefully thought out with the AV enthusiast in mind.

I just wish the indicator light changed color when the fans were running. I could then see at a glance when they were running and when they weren't. I could also notice if I'm not seeing the run light illuminate and possibly avoiding a heat problem should they fail. That's really my only heat related concern.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post

Looks like a nice setup. Just a note that I would be careful about putting that glass shelf so close to the top of your AVR. I assume you got the vented glass shelves (along with the fans that I see) but even with those measures, a lot of heat is going to buildup and you don't want it being reflected back down onto your AVR from the non-vented portions of the glass shelf. The more space you can put between the AVR and the glass shelf above it, the cooler/safer your AVR will run.
post #127 of 329
Just so you realize, its not so much that the AVR is going to suddenly break or shutdown after a few hours/days/weeks of dealing with extra heat, its more of a concern that the excess heat will cause damage over a prolonged period of time (months/years). It may work just fine now but you might be slowly damaging your receiver. I had a family member put his AVR in an unvented cabinet and it worked fine for months until one day it finally died. The diagnonsis from the technician was that it was due to a buildup of heat over time. Obviously, your cabinet is vented but that still doesn't change the possibility that that shelf is likely impeding the proper dissipation of heat from your AVR (I even think Standout recommends putting a minimum of 3" or so between components). Its obviously your decision to make but from your pictures, it looks like you have plenty of room to move the shelf upwards so my recommendation would be that its better to play it safe than sorry. If nothing else, by moving the shelf (and the DVR) up a few notches in the cabinet, it will create more space for the heat to dissipate naturally instead of it being funneled through the hole in the center of the shelf where it is then directed straight to your DVR. Like your AVR, your DVR may be working just fine now but I just can't imagine that it being pelted with the heat from your AVR will help its longevity.
post #128 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

That's a good thought, but it has not been an issue for me. The AVR has been in there for weeks now and I run it all evening for TV/MOVIES/MUSIC etc.. Zero issue.

I actually did put a probe in there as I wanted to see the delta between the two fan probes. One kicks on at about 88 and one at 85. The cooler one happens to be on the AVR side. The fans do kick on and off, but that's the point isn't it?

When I open the cabinet and stick my hand in there it's nominally warm, not hot at all. The Cabinet design is perfect IMO. The vents are just under the AVR, pulling the cool air up and through the shelves and right through the AVR too.

Honestly, at least for me, the AVR is cooler to the touch while running in the cabinet than it was sitting on top of a table before I got the cabinet.

As with anything, YMMV but my experience has shown that this cabinet is very carefully thought out with the AV enthusiast in mind.

I just wish the indicator light changed color when the fans were running. I could then see at a glance when they were running and when they weren't. I could also notice if I'm not seeing the run light illuminate and possibly avoiding a heat problem should they fail. That's really my only heat related concern.

The idea with the probe is to find out how hot it gets in there and to check this against the specifications of your AVR.

Good airflow is also important (the point that Marty1781 made above) and I also think that the AVR is cooler in the cabinet than outside simply because the closed cabinet with openings at the front at the bottom and on the back at the top (with or without fans) is forming a chimney and there is a good flow of air through the whole enclosure. The question is whether this is good enough for your AVR or not.
post #129 of 329
While I appreciate everyone's concern, I'm the guy sitting in front of the unit and heat is not an issue. Just isn't. The fans do the job.

I do appreciate your opinions and suggestions and in some cases I expect that this arrangement would in fact be too much heat depending on the components and others reading this should take care to ensure that there is adequate cooling and air flow for their specific equipment and installation.

The manual for the AVR actually suggests 8" of top clearance. Good luck with that. It doesn't give operating limitations for heat.

While heat related stress over time is certainly an issue with any electronic equipment, this DVR will be changed out long before heat becomes its enemy and likely the AVR as well. I fully expect several years of service out of the AVR, the Dish DVR will likely be changed out in a year or two at the most anyway. If it fails they ship me a new one. I'm not overly concerned.

I've had a fair amount of experience with putting high end telecommunications gear into racks and closets for about 30 years now. The fact that my human hand can feel LESS heat with the gear in the cabinet than when it was just sitting on the shelf tells me that the cool air is moving through the cabinet and the components. If it weren't, I'd feel it right there at the top of the AVR.

To prove that point, I placed a temperature probe in the cabinet right on top of the AVR above the vents about 3 inches from the front. The probe is sandwiched between the AVR and the glass shelf above. The unit will heat up to about 80 and then the fans kick in and bring it back down to 75. I find that quite acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post

Just so you realize, its not so much that the AVR is going to suddenly break or shutdown after a few hours/days/weeks of dealing with extra heat, its more of a concern that the excess heat will cause damage over a prolonged period of time (months/years). It may work just fine now but you might be slowly damaging your receiver. I had a family member put his AVR in an unvented cabinet and it worked fine for months until one day it finally died. The diagnonsis from the technician was that it was due to a buildup of heat over time. Obviously, your cabinet is vented but that still doesn't change the possibility that that shelf is likely impeding the proper dissipation of heat from your AVR (I even think Standout recommends putting a minimum of 3" or so between components). Its obviously your decision to make but from your pictures, it looks like you have plenty of room to move the shelf upwards so my recommendation would be that its better to play it safe than sorry. If nothing else, by moving the shelf (and the DVR) up a few notches in the cabinet, it will create more space for the heat to dissipate naturally instead of it being funneled through the hole in the center of the shelf where it is then directed straight to your DVR. Like your AVR, your DVR may be working just fine now but I just can't imagine that it being pelted with the heat from your AVR will help its longevity.
post #130 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

While I appreciate everyone's concern, I'm the guy sitting in front of the unit and heat is not an issue. Just isn't. The fans do the job.

I do appreciate your opinions and suggestions and in some cases I expect that this arrangement would in fact be too much heat depending on the components and others reading this should take care to ensure that there is adequate cooling and air flow for their specific equipment and installation.

The manual for the AVR actually suggests 8" of top clearance. Good luck with that. It doesn't give operating limitations for heat.

While heat related stress over time is certainly an issue with any electronic equipment, this DVR will be changed out long before heat becomes its enemy and likely the AVR as well. I fully expect several years of service out of the AVR, the Dish DVR will likely be changed out in a year or two at the most anyway. If it fails they ship me a new one. I'm not overly concerned.

I've had a fair amount of experience with putting high end telecommunications gear into racks and closets for about 30 years now. The fact that my human hand can feel LESS heat with the gear in the cabinet than when it was just sitting on the shelf tells me that the cool air is moving through the cabinet and the components. If it weren't, I'd feel it right there at the top of the AVR.

To prove that point, I placed a temperature probe in the cabinet right on top of the AVR above the vents about 3 inches from the front. The probe is sandwiched between the AVR and the glass shelf above. The unit will heat up to about 80 and then the fans kick in and bring it back down to 75. I find that quite acceptable.

Its obviously your decision how you want to arrange your system but quite frankly, I don't understand your logic. You seem to suggest that there is some very small outside possibility that heat my harm the AVR and/or DVR but that because you plan to eventually change them out, its not a concern for you. That just makes no sense to me. I don't understand why anyone would willingly put their equipment under any amount of stress (no matter how minor) when one simple and painless step can be taken to avoid all of it while at the same time help to maximize the longevity of their equipment regardless of how long they plan to keep it. You say you plan on keeping your AVR for a few years, then why not do this one little thing to help that cause. Regardless of what your temperature probe reads or what you feel from your hand, the ONLY thing more space between your AVR and the glass shelf will do is help with heat dissipation. There is only benefit, no drawbacks to my suggestion but for whatever reason, you are opposed to it.

Furthermore, if your DVR does fail (from the increased heat or whatever reason), do you want to go through the inconvenience of losing all your shows and having to wait for Dish to send you a replacement? Minor inconvenience obviously but if you can help to avoid it, why not? For reasons that are completely unclear to me, you seem intent on going with the arrangement that has the least benefit and greatest chance for problems down the road. You clearly have the space in the cabinet to move the shelf up a couple of notches, doing so can only help your equipment, it will take you less than 5 minutes to do it, but for whatever reason, you are simply opposed to it.

What I am basically saying is that so far, the only arguments I have heard from you are that for a variety of reasons, you feel my suggestion isn't necessary. You haven't put forth any reasons as to why your arrangement is actually more beneficial compared to the one I have suggested, and since I assume that putting your equipment in the best possible position to perform its best over an extended period of time is the goal here, it doesn't make any sense as to why you don't want to move the shelf and the DVR up a few notches.
post #131 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post

Its obviously your decision how you want to arrange your system

Gee, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post

.... but quite frankly, I don't understand your logic.

I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to explain the logic for my choices. I was only trying (obviously miserably) to anyone that cared to read this post, that the cabinet with the vented shelves and the fans can adequately remove the heat IMO. I then put a probe in the cabinet right above the AVR ( I also checked the very top of the cabinet which was even cooler) to provide some real life data points. Anyone should obviously monitor their own temperatures as they will obviously vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post

You seem to suggest that there is some very small outside possibility that heat my harm the AVR and/or DVR....

That's absolutely right. I am. I'm not saying heat isn't an enemy, I'm saying that I feel there is little cause for concern IN MY CASE because the heat is within an acceptable range. What is the ambient temperature above the vents of your AVR after 10 to 12 hours of use? Is 75F OK for you? 70F? I don't know but I'm not going to presume to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post

... but that because you plan to eventually change them out, its not a concern for you. That just makes no sense to me. I don't understand why anyone would willingly put their equipment under any amount of stress (no matter how minor) when one simple and painless step can be taken to avoid all of it while at the same time help to maximize the longevity of their equipment regardless of how long they plan to keep it.

With that logic, I'd never ride my motorcycle or drive my car. Heck, why turn on my TV or AVR at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post

You say you plan on keeping your AVR for a few years, then why not do this one little thing to help that cause.

Uh, because I want to use the space in my cabinet as efficiently as possible. I have other equipment taking up space in the left side. Since that picture was taken I actually have, get ready, ANOTHER vented glass shelf above the DVR! Wholly smokes, what AM I thinking. Surely I will start a fire and burn down the house.

The truth is, even with all that crap crammed in there, with the fans doing their job the heat through out the cabinet runs between 75 - 80F and I'm OK with that. Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post

Regardless of what your temperature probe reads or what you feel from your hand, the ONLY thing more space between your AVR and the glass shelf will do is help with heat dissipation. There is only benefit, no drawbacks to my suggestion but for whatever reason, you are opposed to it.

Uh, sorry Marty1781, I didn't know I was being obstinate. However, the OTHER thing moving the shelf up does is prohibit me from placing yet another shelf above the DVR. It's not in that picture. My humble apologies for not explaining that picture was old, there's actually another shelf above the DVR and that I needed the room in the cabinet blah, blah, blah....

I hope people get some benefit of the pictures so they know what a great product Standout Designs makes. I also hope people can at least understand that the cooling fans in the cabinet with the vented shelves do a remarkable job of reducing the heat in the cabinet and pull a considerable amount of air through the cabinet.

You should use your own temp probes to monitor the heat in your respective installation. I plan on adding another remote sensor in my cabinet so I can tie it into my other temp probes and keep an eye on it. For me, the 75-80F degree range is quite acceptable for operating AV equipment.

Here's a fact to ponder; I put a temp probe right above the vents of the AVR and watch the heat rise and fall between the range stated. That tells me that air is FLOWING not only through the cabinet but through the AVR. The fans are PULLING air through, as they should. I'm sure the top of the AVR was getting warmer just sitting open on top of a table without the benefit of any external influence to move the air but I'm not going to pull it out to prove that theory.

So the benefit of the extra 3 inches in the cabinet may or may not actually make a difference. I could play with it, put probes in there and report back, but I'm not going to. I'm good with what I've got. I really don't need to prove this to anyone but myself.

Peace out.
post #132 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to explain the logic for my choices.

You don't, I'm simply saying what you have written isn't logical given the extra space you have to work with on the right side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

That's absolutely right. I am. I'm not saying heat isn't an enemy, I'm saying that I feel there is little cause for concern IN MY CASE because the heat is within an acceptable range. What is the ambient temperature above the vents of your AVR after 10 to 12 hours of use? Is 75F OK for you? 70F? I don't know but I'm not going to presume to tell you.

I don't doubt what your readings are and I'm not trying to tell you what the temperature should or should not be. I am simply suggesting a way to maximize the performance and longevity of your equipment. Sorry for trying to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

With that logic, I'd never ride my motorcycle or drive my car. Heck, why turn on my TV or AVR at all?

Your analogy clearly demonstrates you did not understand my point. A car/motorcycle is designed to be used and withstand the normal stresses associated with driving. An AVR is NOT designed to be used with a glass shelf placed basically directly on top of it (external fans or not). Since you appear to have the extra space in the cabinet, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to make it so that your AVR is operating in an environment as close to what the manufacturer recommends (i.e. 3-4" of clearance may not be as good as the recommended 8", but its obviously better than the 1" or so you have now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

Uh, because I want to use the space in my cabinet as efficiently as possible. I have other equipment taking up space in the left side. Since that picture was taken I actually have, get ready, ANOTHER vented glass shelf above the DVR! Wholly smokes, what AM I thinking. Surely I will start a fire and burn down the house.

No, there will be no fire, but you may be slowly hurting your A/V equipment. And the equipment on the left side has nothing to do with being able to move a shelf up a couple of notches on the right side. You have the space on the right side to move the shelf up but for whatever reason, you would rather have an empty glass shelf vs giving your AVR more room to breathe. If you have plans to place another piece of equipment above the DVR, that's one thing, but so far, you have made no mention of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

The truth is, even with all that crap crammed in there, with the fans doing their job the heat through out the cabinet runs between 75 - 80F and I'm OK with that. Sheesh.

I know you are ok with it, but that doesn't mean its the most efficient arrangement for your equipment in terms of maximizing its longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

Uh, sorry Marty1781, I didn't know I was being obstinate. However, the OTHER thing moving the shelf up does is prohibit me from placing yet another shelf above the DVR. It's not in that picture. My humble apologies for not explaining that picture was old, there's actually another shelf above the DVR and that I needed the room in the cabinet blah, blah, blah....

Your right, moving the shelf up would prevent you from placing another piece of equipment on the right side. If you have another piece of A/V equipment that you need to fit in there, then I definitely understand why you want to keep your current arrangement. However, you've made no mention of any plans to add any equipment to that right side. What I am now reading from your posts is that you want to keep your current arrangement because you want to keep that empty space open for any potential new component sometime down the road. Can't say I agree with that logic (I say use the space now for more breathing room for your AVR then rearrange later if/when you get that new component) but its obviously your equipment and your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlepir8 View Post

So the benefit of the extra 3 inches in the cabinet may or may not actually make a difference. I could play with it, put probes in there and report back, but I'm not going to. I'm good with what I've got. I really don't need to prove this to anyone but myself.

Again, no one is doubting your temperature probe readings or trying to prove that they are false. I am simply pointing out that assuming you aren't planning on adding another piece of equipment to the right side anytime soon, there is a better arrangement for your equipment in terms of helping to ensure its maximum performance and longevity.
post #133 of 329
I think the cooling properties of these cabinets, and the way that they're engineered, are really excellent. I was having overheating issues in my old cabinet, and I even ordered some decent 120mm fans with temp switches from coolerguys, and some vents, and tried to mod the cabinet to keep things cool. Although I was a bit limited in where I could put the vents, I tried to do my best. It really didn't help much at all.

But the standout design, with the inlets at the bottom-front, the exhaust fans at the top back (if you got that option), and the vented shelves (not to mention all of the other vents), immediately kept everything super-cool. No more issues for me. So my point is this - I think the design of these cabinets really allows superior cooling, so a little cramping of equipment might fare far better in this scenario than any others. I don't have that problem, but it may just be less of a concern with standout's design. It really maximizes exhaust of hot air, and intake of cool air.
post #134 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfay View Post

So my point is this - I think the design of these cabinets really allows superior cooling, so a little cramping of equipment might fare far better in this scenario than any others. I don't have that problem, but it may just be less of a concern with standout's design. It really maximizes exhaust of hot air, and intake of cool air.

No doubt that the design of these stands is superior from a cooling perspective and, as you pointed out, may even allow for the cramping of some equipment (though Standout recommends against this for obvious reasons). My simple point is that if you have the extra space in the cabinet available to work with and don't need to cramp things, then why not space things out a bit and allow for potentially even better cooling of the equipment. Regardless of how well the vents/fans cool on their own, putting more space in between can only help to enhance cooling even further and therefore help maximize the performance and longevity of the equipment.
post #135 of 329
I wanted to comment on their customer service. We had bought a horizon stand a couple years ago and noticed the new end tables. We decided to buy one to match the tv stand. We waited for it to be built and when we got it we found that while the piece itself was great, equal in quality to the stand, it just didn't quite fit the decor of the room (AKA WAF was good in concept, bad in execution). I happened to live near their admin office, so I arranged to return it direct to the office to save return shipping. I am out the ship cost to me (direct to the truck terminal - which was crazy easy), but that is ore than fair. I guess the actual ship was greater than the invoiced amount but they limited the hit to that.

Further, a word about the packaging. It was like ft knox. wrapped in foam paper stuff, then thick cardboard wedges, then a cardboard box, then a mini-pallet, then a little cardboard teepee to prevent them from stacking anything on top. Tip-top.

In addition, on the two year old horizon, I have small kids (5&2). To my chagrin, they often play and play rough on the stand. There is a fair bit of banging that goes on, and it still looks new. Mine is the black ash.

You get what you pay for with these guys for sure. Highly recommended.

When I was returning the end table they mentioned that a new model was in the works for bigger center channels, FYI.
post #136 of 329
Is anyone using a repeater inside the cabinet, with the use of the wood panels rather then the glass doors? If so which repeater?
post #137 of 329
Any newer pics? I am waiting on another sale before I buy. Pics help ease the wait.
post #138 of 329
Give them a call and ask if they have any specials. I noticed earlier in this thread that they had extended sale prices to some upon request beyond the end of the sale. I called them last week and they gave me the pricing that they had on during their March sale earlier in the month. I ended up ordering a Majestic today. As everyone else has said, they are good to deal with.
post #139 of 329
I just talked to them and they are honoring the sale price since I ordered the samples during the sale. Badass. (1) N702XL in Espresso Maple.
post #140 of 329
What kind of shipping did you guys choose? I'm in a 2nd floor condo so it seemed like I needed the white glove service or else they would just bring it inside my door. I'm wondering if I got the cheapest shipping option and just tipped the driver more he'd unpack and place it for me.
post #141 of 329
I selected super-saver shipping and I helped the driver to take it down from the truck and get it in the house.

Keep in mind that these things are heavy! The driver alone won't be able to move it (and you most likely don't want the pneumatic fork to roll over your carpet/hardwood floors!). The best will be if you can get a friend or two and use the freight elevator to move it in or get the white-glove service.
post #142 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbi View Post

I selected super-saver shipping and I helped the driver to take it down from the truck and get it in the house.

Keep in mind that these things are heavy! The driver alone won't be able to move it (and you most likely don't want the pneumatic fork to roll over your carpet/hardwood floors!). The best will be if you can get a friend or two and use the freight elevator to move it in or get the white-glove service.

Yeah it's just that the way the standout sales rep described the shipping options to me even with super saver the driver can bring the stand inside if the elevator is easily accessible but he won't unpack it or move it into my living room. Since the stand has wheels I guess moving it within my condo shouldn't be tough.
post #143 of 329
Yes, it is all described in their web page. The driver that brought mine was a very nice guy and helped more than I expected!
post #144 of 329
Wooo! Mine has shipped. Delivery should be Tuesday before noon. Oh YEah!!!!!
post #145 of 329
Just found this last night. It's "Sale" time again.
post #146 of 329
Anyone that bought the N702XL a little disappointed in the fact that the levelers protrude so far into the cabinets on both sides? I didn't expect them to be there because you don't see them in the pictures on their site. Luckily I don't need them so I removed them, but if you have to leave them in it seriously reduces the space you have to put things on the bottom shelf.
post #147 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdilliker View Post

Anyone that bought the N702XL a little disappointed in the fact that the levelers protrude so far into the cabinets on both sides? I didn't expect them to be there because you don't see them in the pictures on their site. Luckily I don't need them so I removed them, but if you have to leave them in it seriously reduces the space you have to put things on the bottom shelf.

I took mine out, since I do not need them. I could see how it could be problematic though.

Other than that, I got my stand in and nearly all set up. I installed a dimmer on the recessed lights above it. Pics coming soon. Freaking LOVE the stand. It is everything I wanted.
post #148 of 329
Hi. Did you happen to take any pics of the levelers and how much bottom shelf space they take up, before you removed them? I have a Horizon N702XL ordered and would like to know what to expect. Thanks in advance.
post #149 of 329
I'm planning to order a Majestic Grand at some point later this year, and was curious when sales typically run. Well I discovered there is one going on right now until end of May. Free shipping too.

I guess I'll look at the last 2 weeks of each month as targets to place my future order.
post #150 of 329
I'm not sure whether the sales are regular. It is a good idea to give them a call and tell them that you plan to order a stand later in the year and ask them whether they'll honor the promotion if there isn't one when you are ready to place your order (that's what I did, but I ordered in less than a month after I talked to them).

Hope this helps.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Standout Designs picture thread