or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Equilibrium on Blu-ray
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Equilibrium on Blu-ray - Page 2

post #31 of 335
Thread Starter 
Here's a few shots, and the first is a comparison with the UK BD:

JAP BD:

UK BD:






I'll check on extras.
post #32 of 335
Looks much better than the UK BD.

Much more fine details resolved in that face comparison, more accurate color too (other one looks slightly washed out in comparison.)

That being said which one is the correct AR? The UK one or the Japanese one?

Anyway, looks great.
post #33 of 335
The domestic DVD was 2.35:1, so I would assume that the Japanese BD is also more accurate than the UK one in that regard.
post #34 of 335
Great surround too.
post #35 of 335
This is a day one purchase on Blu-ray for me. Far from a perfect movie, but I can't stop liking it.
post #36 of 335
Nice grain structure. More fine detail. Gotta have it.
post #37 of 335
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post

Not only would I appreciate that, I'd also love if you could translate for me what all of the bonus features are and would they all be playable in a U.S. Playstation 3?

Only bonus feature I found was a 4.5min feature called "Finding Equilibrium":

MPEG2 Video 720x480 (4:3) 29.97fps 9000Kbps

Couple trailers, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Nice grain structure. More fine detail. Gotta have it.

The grain is very good, and looks fantastic in motion. Love it.
post #38 of 335
The Japanese BD looks awesome, thanks for the shots !

Art
post #39 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGator View Post

Couple trailers, but that's about it.

Sorry, just to clarify--are these trailers for EQUILIBRIUM or other random titles?
post #40 of 335
Worth every penny, the Japanese disc.
post #41 of 335
I know this thread's discussion is mainly about the UK and Japanese releases.
But for anyone interested, here is a link to the Canadian release.
(Be warned though, I've checked the disc at a small B&M that broke street date, and the box says 2.35:1, but the movie itself is 1.78:1).

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...6&catid=27846#
post #42 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_S View Post

I know this thread's discussion is mainly about the UK and Japanese releases.
But for anyone interested, here is a link to the Canadian release.
(Be warned though, I've checked the disc at a small B&M that broke street date, and the box says 2.35:1, but the movie itself is 1.78:1).

So once again, Alliance screwed up?
post #43 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

So once again, Alliance screwed up?

Yup!

I may still pick this up on Tuesday though, just because of the low price.
The PQ looked fantastic on this version though, and the audio is DTS-MA.

I really really hate Alliance!
post #44 of 335
gaaaaaah they screwed it up? Thus far I have avoided the Alliance titles... but if this is cheap enough I might pick it up as it's a bit of a guilty pleasure type movie. but... MEH!
post #45 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyglassesgirl View Post

gaaaaaah they screwed it up? Thus far I have avoided the Alliance titles... but if this is cheap enough I might pick it up as it's a bit of a guilty pleasure type movie. but... MEH!

So I guess Universal had nothing to do with the Blu-ray and Alliance took care of everything, which means no extras (as usual) and no OAR. Not even a modern, 2009 home menu I'm sure (have you seen The Cell?)I'm pissed!
post #46 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

So I guess Universal had nothing to do with the Blu-ray and Alliance took care of everything, which means no extras (as usual) and no OAR. Not even a modern, 2009 home menu I'm sure (have you seen The Cell?)I'm pissed!

Actually, no there are a few extras....and a home menu for once.
Also, I believe that there are 2 commentary tracks and one featurette - 'Finding Equilibrium', plus a trailer......but alas, no OAR!
post #47 of 335
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post

Sorry, just to clarify--are these trailers for EQUILIBRIUM or other random titles?

Equilibrium, one's a Japanese trailer for it.
post #48 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_S View Post

......but alas, no OAR!

I sure hope they don't screw up the OAR on the US release.

The Japanese version looks great.
post #49 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisch View Post

I sure hope they don't screw up the OAR on the US release.

The Japanese version looks great.

Are there even any plans on a US release that you've heard about at all?
post #50 of 335
Isn't the Japanese version like $50? C'mon....no thanks, I'll rent the DVD until the U.S. one comes out.
post #51 of 335
I am very happy with my Japanese Import. While it did cost $55, it was completely worth it. TrueHD and OAR... can't complain!
post #52 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist2Inspire View Post

I am very happy with my Japanese Import. While it did cost $55, it was completely worth it. TrueHD and OAR... can't complain!

May I ask where you pruchased it from at that price including shipping?
post #53 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyglassesgirl View Post

Are there even any plans on a US release that you've heard about at all?

I'm just making an assumption that that it will eventually be released in the US someday.
post #54 of 335
Where can we get the Japanese release ?

Art
post #55 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

Where can we get the Japanese release ?

- I've never purchased anything from the Japanese Amazon site, but it is listed there. Not that the movie's name over there is Rebellion.
post #56 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

- I've never purchased anything from the Japanese Amazon site, but it is listed there. Not that the movie's name over there is Rebellion.

Yeah but I'm not fluent in klingon
post #57 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

Where can we get the Japanese release ?

Art

http://www.yesasia.com/global/equili...0-en/info.html
post #58 of 335
Last time I was looking at Japanese discs, www.hmv.co.jp ended up being the cheapest if you wanted more than one Blu-ray.

They have an English option (so does Amazon, though some things will still go untranslated).
post #59 of 335
Wow, the shipping charges from Japan are crazy.
post #60 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by vläd View Post

May I ask where you pruchased it from at that price including shipping?

http://www.yesasia.com/us/equilibriu...0-en/info.html

$52.75 USD ~= $58.24 CAD

Shipping: Free

At the time with the Exchange Rate I paid $55 CAD for it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Equilibrium on Blu-ray