Originally Posted by Geof
Thank you Tom!!
I am unsure of the procedure for this new 5x5x5 cube autocal. I am of the understanding that we should not tinker with Greyscale//gamma after the 125 point auto-cal.
To clarify for me and others I gather we should:
- Set White Balance at 100% in the display (Which I do in the JVC Projector Service Menu)
- Run gamma/greyscale auto cal and use the Lumagen gamma factor if desired (or alternately perform this task manually using whatever gamma target one desires until the maintenance release incorporates a gamma selector)
- Run the 125 point autocal
Is this correct?
This is straight from Jim Peterson.
- Set 100% white color-of-gray in display using appropriate sized window pattern, if available.
- Check Gamma and use Gamma factor for coarse Gamma adjust.
- Recheck black and white and use display controls to adjust them if Gamma factor changed them.
- Run grayscale/gamma auto-cal.
- Use CMS white point to reduce 100% white Luma (R=G=B), if needed, such that RGBCMY have enough Luma.
- Run 125-point auto-cal. Note: Once any CMS entry is changed, do not tweak any grayscale entries!
The only change I would make to this is do the Gamma factor adjustment AFTER grayscale/gamma auto-cal has run. That will allow you to raise the 2.22 result to something higher if you want. When we release the gamma selector next week, you can do this in Jim's order.
BTW, you can still run the standard gamut auto-cal if you don't want to wait for the 125 point.