Originally Posted by heyskip
Before I have my next calibration session I wanted to run a few things by the knowledgeble people in this thread. For reference my display is the Pioneer KRP-600M through a Duo and using Chromapure (obviously) with D3 corrected to i1pro1.
(1) What size window is currently recommended on this display.
Normal or small. Either will work.
(2) When using Duo as signal generator what size is the normal window and what size is the small window.
(3) When setting the peak white (contrast) should I use window or full field.
ALWAYS use windows for plasma.
(4) When setting options for BT1886 gamma what value should I use for black level (my meter often reads 0.000)
(5) With BT1886 is the value for peak white the level I set when adjusting peak white (contrast) and is this value in cd/m2
(6) Generally speaking what gets the best results on this display when using ACM, 100% sat or 75% sat
You are referring to levels of stimulus, not saturation. ACM measures multiple levels of saturation at a selected level of stimulus. 75% is a reasonable choice.
(7) What distance should the D3 be from the screen when measuring. Does it matter if it is touching.
No more than a foot. Contact measurements are fine.
(8) Is this the same for the i1pro1 I've always used this contacting the display in the supplied holder.