or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › PR-SC5507, check this new Prepro out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PR-SC5507, check this new Prepro out - Page 8

post #211 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryChanin View Post

Hi,

You are confusing MultEQ XT with MultEQ XT PRO. You don't need the professional installation package to use MultEQ XT.

Larry

Thank you. Then what is the difference then besides the number of listening positions?
post #212 of 1290
PLIIz is appealing, but I can live without it fine.
Reon's chip on the 886 does superb for SD content, so fine there.
Audyssey Pro capable, as well as Digital-FM I do NOT want to lose.

I can definitely like the streaming content capabilities, and the FW upgrades wirelessly.

tough to say...I may have to pass up on this one and wait for the 888 or 5508 in a year or so
post #213 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post

PLIIz is appealing, but I can live without it fine.
Reon's chip on the 886 does superb for SD content, so fine there.
Audyssey Pro capable, as well as Digital-FM I do NOT want to lose.

I can definitely like the streaming content capabilities, and the FW upgrades wirelessly.

tough to say...I may have to pass up on this one and wait for the 888 or 5508 in a year or so


I'm probably leaning towards just grabbing an 886. I would agree that the streaming and FW upgrade capability are nice to have, but I can live without them in a pinch.
post #214 of 1290
I saw the 5507 in the flesh in Singapore the other day.

Man, this box is huge looks like they leveraged the same chassis as the 5007/3007/1007.. you need a lot of depth in the shelf to sort this in. The Denon 4310 next to it seemed positively tiny (which may be a good thing for my shelves/rack)

My only gripe is that they force you to choose front height/width/surround back. I get the impression from some of the literature that surround back can be reassigned to front height/width as well. But still limited to 9.x and not 11.x like the new Denon 4810.
post #215 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post

PLIIz is appealing, but I can live without it fine.
Reon's chip on the 886 does superb for SD content, so fine there.
Audyssey Pro capable, as well as Digital-FM I do NOT want to lose.

I can definitely like the streaming content capabilities, and the FW upgrades wirelessly.

tough to say...I may have to pass up on this one and wait for the 888 or 5508 in a year or so

shervin...u know u want the Integra 80.1 instead!
alan
post #216 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazk13 View Post

Thank you. Then what is the difference then besides the number of listening positions?

Hi,

From the Audyssey web site:

MultEQ Pro

In addition, different custom target curves can be stored on a computer, recalled and used on the consumer gear.

Larry
post #217 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post

PLIIz is appealing, but I can live without it fine.
Reon's chip on the 886 does superb for SD content, so fine there.
Audyssey Pro capable, as well as Digital-FM I do NOT want to lose.

I can definitely like the streaming content capabilities, and the FW upgrades wirelessly.

tough to say...I may have to pass up on this one and wait for the 888 or 5508 in a year or so

Hi,

Its hard to believe that Onkyo would remove Audyssey Pro capabilities on their current flagship model. There was no mention of this feature in the 886 manual either, so the absence of a reference to it in the 5507 manual shouldn't necessarily construed as a confirmation that the feature has been omitted. No insult is intended to another poster who speculated about this missing feature via comparing manuals and spec sheets. I just remain skeptical.

Could you please elaborate about Digital-FM radio? Are you referring to HD radio? While available in the 886, a built-in HD Radio tuner seems to be omitted from this model and now it requires an optional Dock for the iPod/HD Radioâ„¢ tuner module. Likewise, while available in the 886, it appears that this unit does not offer a built-in XM Radio tuner.

Larry
post #218 of 1290
Woof Woof,

Did you get to listen to it in Singapore and what were your impressions?
post #219 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljoseph View Post

Woof Woof,

Did you get to listen to it in Singapore and what were your impressions?

The store didn't have a proper power amp setup to pair it with. So no audition.

A friend went to audition the 5007 (AVR) vs the Denon 4310 though. He did think the 4310 sounded better with stereo music.
post #220 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

shervin...u know u want the Integra 80.1 instead!
alan

shhhh.....dont spoil it alan!
post #221 of 1290
Anything new on this? Pricing? Availability?
post #222 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCiEnt View Post

Anything new on this? Pricing? Availability?

since the 886 is 100. more than the Integra dhc9.9 (2100 vs 2k), i can only assume that it will b 2400. list vs the 80.1 @ 2300.
But no official word on the 'dealer' site.
alan
post #223 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

since the 886 is 100. more than the Integra dhc9.9 (2100 vs 2k), i can only assume that it will b 2400. list vs the 80.1 @ 2300.
But no official word on the 'dealer' site.
alan

I remember the 885 being priced below the Integra when it came out...
post #224 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof View Post

The store didn't have a proper power amp setup to pair it with. So no audition.

A friend went to audition the 5007 (AVR) vs the Denon 4310 though. He did think the 4310 sounded better with stereo music.

That's very interesting........
I would have thought the 5007 would have sounded better with it's
32bit DACs.
What sort of stereo music was your friend listening to?
dc
post #225 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCiEnt View Post

I remember the 885 being priced below the Integra when it came out...



Yup that is the way it was with 886 too, I'm thinking..

Djoel
post #226 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCiEnt View Post

I remember the 885 being priced below the Integra when it came out...

The list price on the 885 was about $200 higher than the 9.8. Street price was a different matter. The 885 usually could be found a good bit cheaper than the 9.8 because the B&M stores and online retailers are used to offering discounts to compete with each other. Intrega installers (if you can even find one) don't usually have much competition, and those guys were the only place to get the 9.8.
post #227 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

That's very interesting........
I would have thought the 5007 would have sounded better with it's
32bit DACs.
What sort of stereo music was your friend listening to?
dc

PS3 via HDMI. Don't recall what selection of music he used.
post #228 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Kal are you color blind?

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Guilty.

Color-blindness Cured by Gene Injection in Monkeys
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...e-monkeys.html

Step up and take it like a man, uh monkey.
post #229 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokishin View Post

Color-blindness Cured by Gene Injection in Monkeys
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...e-monkeys.html

Step up and take it like a man, uh monkey.

Well, as a neuroscientist, I found the article (and the one linked to it) to be a poor description and riddled with technical errors. I will have to reserve comment about the process until I read the real articles. Even then, I ain't going to mess with the vision (and other limited capabilities) I still have.
post #230 of 1290
The Onkyo PR-SC5507 is already available for sale in England! Come on ONKYO, get on the ball; we want this pre-pro available here in the United States as well!
post #231 of 1290
Since I needed to get the man-cave back on line by this weekend, I gave up (at least temporarily) on the 5507 and got an 886P. It just came in today!
post #232 of 1290
I was ready to upgrae to an 886 from my 885 but something told
me to wait and it looks like my instincts were correct.

Hopefully this is released in the US soon.
post #233 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by petmic10 View Post

I was ready to upgrae to an 886 from my 885 but something told
me to wait and it looks like my instincts were correct.

Hopefully this is released in the US soon.

Hey Mike that's an excellent jump from the 885 to 5507.Us Onkyo serial upgrader just do not have the patience, wish I had it though


DJoel
post #234 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Hey Mike that's an excellent jump from the 885 to 5507.Us Onkyo serial upgrader just do not have the patience, wish I had it though


DJoel


Tell me about it, I was all ready to drop some coin on an 886
when I stumbled onto this thread. Thumbing through the manual
has given me a serious case of the upgrades.

It sounds like you have the upgrade itch too.

Good talking to you Daniel.
post #235 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by petmic10 View Post

Tell me about it, I was all ready to drop some coin on an 886
when I stumbled onto this thread. Thumbing through the manual
has given me a serious case of the upgrades.

It sounds like you have the upgrade itch too.

Good talking to you Daniel.

I have an 885 and want to upgrade too after reading the manual! Anyone for a powerbuy if and when this comes out?
post #236 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCiEnt View Post

I have an 885 and want to upgrade too after reading the manual! Anyone for a powerbuy if and when this comes out?

Powerbuy, count me in, if the price is right of course

- Rich
post #237 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCiEnt View Post

I have an 885 and want to upgrade too after reading the manual! Anyone for a powerbuy if and when this comes out?

I keep searching for this piece of gear and any info on when it will be available here in the states. Count me in on any group buy effort. I have an Onkyo 575 5.1 receiver I would dearly like to upgrade.
post #238 of 1290
Another 885 owner here.

I will wait even longer for the 5507/887 to show up on ShopOnkyo at a very nice discount, thank you. Even then I might not pull the trigger. While fully aware of the feature differences, I just love what I already have.

But then ... who am I fooling?
post #239 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeBar View Post

Another 885 owner here.

I will wait even longer for the 5507/887 to show up on ShopOnkyo at a very nice discount, thank you. Even then I might not pull the trigger. While fully aware of the feature differences, I just love what I already have.

But then ... who am I fooling?

Paul,

I'm with you as I will wait for shoponkyo as well. It will be a mad dash to order the 5507 when it does show up on shoponkyo hopefully as a new "refurb".

Bill
post #240 of 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Powerbuy, count me in, if the price is right of course

- Rich

Of course!

I guess when it does come out, I will start a new thread for it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › PR-SC5507, check this new Prepro out