Hey, that's your review on the SonyStyle USA website ...and you mention AVS..
So far, this is my thinking on the HW15:
The Sony HW15 is at the top of my short list due not only to it's price and it's contrast, black level and colour decoding performance, but for other reasons which are also very important:
1) Sealed light path
2) Adjustable convergence
3) Reputation for having fairly good colour and brightness uniformity
4) Possible 2 year warranty (I am not 100% sure what the Canadian warranty is, but I see 2 years in some places). What is it in the US?
These four things make this a projector that is easy on the stress levels for the buyer. My only concerns, and minor one's at that, are:
1) Colour and brightness uniformity. Although colour and brightness uniformity may not be absolutely perfect, I have yet to hear much complaints in that department, is that still the case? Is colour and brightness uniformity quite good with the HW15?
2) Sharpness. The HW10 was fairly sharp. I saw one in action and it looked quite good. Not the sharpest I've seen, but sharp enough for me to buy, and without the artifacts I had seen with the 1080UB. I would prefer sharper, but as long as the HW15 is as sharp as the HW10, that is good.
So HW15 owners, how is:
1) Colour / brightness uniformity and;
...if possible, vs the HW10 or some other projector.