The retrieved settings can be viewed, printed, saved to a file, and copied/pasted into another document, application, or forum. User selectable "[code]" tags can be added to the text to retain formatting* when posting messages to the AVSForum.
Version 2.0 - Enhancements:
- ISF Gamma - Displays ISF 9 Point RGB gamma settings in a table format. Note that the Kuro's display will go blank (like it does when switching AV modes) twice for about ½ second each while reading ISF Gamma. Also, reading gamma adds 3 or 4 seconds to the standard settings retrieval time. This option can be turned off if desired.
- PC Source Picture Settings - Now capable of displaying settings for Component, Analog-RGB, DVI, and HDMI inputs configured as PC (personal computer) or RGB sources. (The previous version disconnected from the display when a PC/RGB source was detected.)
- Input Signal - Displays the resolution and refresh rate of the input source.
- Input Setup - Displays the current input's signal type and color-decoding/color-space (e.g., "Video/RGB16-235) configuration.
- The combined information of Input Signal and Input Setup provides the user with the key parameters necessary to determine the non-ISF memory associated with a given input source (provided that Auto is not selected).
- Input Name - Added the input name (Video, Component, DVI, HDMI 1, etc.) to the displayed input number.
- Removed the stars from the Model Name and improved other setting descriptions and groupings.
- Dynamic forum Code and Table formatting tags - These can now be added and removed before or after the settings are read from the display.
- New default Settings page (with blank values).
- Kuro Web Control Tabs - New tabbed user interface provides a centralized control panel for direct access to the Kuro's built-in Remote, Picture, ISF, Options, Input, Network, E-Mail, and Service web control pages - without using Internet Explorer, Favorites, or typing URL's. A page Refresh button is available for these tabs. The web control pages will work even when KuroReader is disconnected (as long as the correct IP Address is in the IP textbox).
- ISF Web Control Improvements - KuroReader modifies the ISF page behavior to prevent it from closing itself and opening the Remote pop-up window. The behavior of the Exit, Exit Without Save, and All Clear buttons have also been modified to always exit ISF mode cleanly and prevent a user from accidentally erasing all ISF memories. (You can still access the standard ISF interface using Internet Explorer if you want to erase all ISF memories). Note: NA KRP models require the "patch" to use this interface. Also, the built-in ISF interface has limited controls and is best used for tweaking existing ISF memories.
- Progress bar - Shows activity when reading settings data from the display.
- Exit button - Moved to the top of the form.
- ToolTips - Popup help for specific buttons.
- Resizable Settings Windows - To display large setting pages and Web Control forms.
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 or higher
- Display: Pioneer KRP-500M, KRP-600M, PRO-101FD, and PRO-141FD
- A Pioneer monitor properly configured and connected to a LAN or WLAN.
- You must know your Monitor's IP Address to use KuroReader
KuroReader is free for home and personal use. It does not contain any Adware, Spyware, or Malware, and no registration or activation keys are required. To download KuroReader, click on the link below and select the Download page from the menu. Basic instructions are provided on the Support page.
(Note: The website uses Adobe Flash 10, so please use the IE 32-bit browser in Vista 64 or Win7-64)
*Below is an example of settings pasted from KuroReader with Code Tags enabled:
Pioneer Kuro Settings Date & Time : 10/25/2009 12:06:23 AM Model : KRP-500M Input & Screen Input : 5 (HDMI 1) Input Signal: 1080I/60.0 Input Setup : Video/RGB16-235 Screen Size : DOT BY DOT Picture AV Selection: ISF-Night Contrast : 29 Brightness : 1 Color : 5 Tint : 0 Sharpness : -7 Color Temp : Manual Red High : -5 Green High : 0 Blue High : -2 Red Low : -3 Green Low : 1 Blue Low : 1 Gamma : 3 (ISF 9 Point Gamma in use)