or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Providence, RI - Cox
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Providence, RI - Cox - Page 25

post #721 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

Thanks I found similar evidence:
Broadcom BCM7413 chipset with 2 - Microtune MT2131 1GHz Tuners

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=444083
http://www.zoran.com/IMG/pdf/PB-00069.pdf

I don't think the concern has been that the hardware doesn't support it. While required, the majority of the people asking about it are those that can see the channels when they do the scan, and thus have the required hardware to tune to the channels.

The way I see it, it's the support from the provider in the channel mapping being sent to the cable cards, or a software issue on Tivo's end not matching the mapping data provided with it's Tivo guide. So with those two possibilities on the table, I suggest that the DCX3400, which has a 1Ghz tuner and uses the same mapping(I assume, unless they make it specific internally to different hardware) can not even tune to the channels and could rule out software issues on Tivo's end.

I wonder if this was specially held off because of the initial prospect of a partnership between Cox and Tivo, but that isn't backed up by any data.

I also found this link on Tivocommunity.
post #722 of 980
I got a lineup update on my Tivo for TruTV HD but when I went to the channel it wasn't available. I also know that TruTV will be playing some NCAA Tournament games. So is the channel just a temporary addition like the NESN plus stations or will TruTV be permanent? And please tell me this won't be one of the stations that need the new Cisco equipment.
post #723 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJP11 View Post

I got a lineup update on my Tivo for TruTV HD but when I went to the channel it wasn't available. I also know that TruTV will be playing some NCAA Tournament games. So is the channel just a temporary addition like the NESN plus stations or will TruTV be permanent? And please tell me this won't be one of the stations that need the new Cisco equipment.

It's looking like it will be one of those stations that need the new Cisco Equipment

I got that same message today

I can't tune it either, got the same message that the channels that require the Cisco equipment give me

Edit:

It has the same symptom as the other channels in dvr diagnostics, that is where everything is blank for that tuner


Out of curiosity, do you have a tuning adapter? When I got my premiere hooked up a couple weeks ago I asked about one. I was told I don't need one, they don't use SDV in this marker / and tuning adapters are not available.

I wonder if these channels could also be SDV? Then again, there is a whole thread on this on tivo community, and in the San Diego market, these channels are SDV as is most of their HD channels, and even with the tuning adapter they can not tune the plus channels
post #724 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post

It's looking like it will be one of those stations that need the new Cisco Equipment
I got that same message today
I can't tune it either, got the same message that the channels that require the Cisco equipment give me

Edit:
It has the same symptom as the other channels in dvr diagnostics, that is where everything is blank for that tuner
Out of curiosity, do you have a tuning adapter? When I got my premiere hooked up a couple weeks ago I asked about one. I was told I don't need one, they don't use SDV in this marker / and tuning adapters are not available.

I wonder if these channels could also be SDV?

Cox New England does not use SDV at this time.

Cox Virgina and Oklahoma are adding TruTV HD temporarily starting Tuesday for March Madness, might be a similar situation in New England.

Quote:


Cox Communications is finalizing plans to carry truTV in HD from Tuesday through March 20 when the network will be carrying NCAA men’s basketball tournament games,
http://newsok.com/media-notebook/article/3547833

Quote:
Originally Posted by occasio View Post

Cox Virginia customers will be able to enjoy March Madness in high definition! Just in time for the annual NCAA basketball tournament, Cox Virginia will be previewing TruTV HD for a limited time starting March 15th. TruTV HD will be available in Roanoke, Northern Virginia and Hampton Roads on channel 895 through April 4th. This preview will allow our customers to enjoy their favorite teams playing in the first three rounds of the NCAA tournament in HD. TruTV HD is a temporary addition and is provided at no additional cost to our HD customers. With this addition our customers will be able to view all NCAA tournament games.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42035962
post #725 of 980
thanks for the info

to bad cox isn't adding TrueTV HD permanently, that would be a good channel to have=)
post #726 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

Cox New England does not use SDV at this time.

Cox Virgina and Oklahoma are adding TruTV HD temporarily starting Tuesday for March Madness, might be a similar situation in New England.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42035962

Just noticed TruTV HD is already live in Phoenix.
post #727 of 980
It appears to be live here too, someone at my apartment complex can get it

No luck on my tivo, just like the plus channels
post #728 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post

It appears to be live here too, someone at my apartment complex can get it

No luck on my tivo, just like the plus channels

Watching it now and it is Major Stretch-O-Vision, not really HD at the moment, even commercials are Stretched.
post #729 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

Watching it now and it is Major Stretch-O-Vision, not really HD at the moment, even commercials are Stretched.


that would drive me nuts. I don't care for stretch o-vision at all

I noticed that History International Does that too on about a third of their programs

I would doubt march madness would be stretch o-vision though
post #730 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post

that would drive me nuts. I don't care for stretch o-vision at all

I noticed that History International Does that too on about a third of their programs

I would doubt march madness would be stretch o-vision though

Currently the guide does not show any programming as HD, not even the games next week, but that could be a guide data mistake, or might get updated closer to Tuesday.
post #731 of 980
According to other people on TiVo Community, it seems that no one can get TRUTV HD with a TiVo.

Sighs, this is unfortunate, and not a good sign for future HD channels to come.

I really hope cox opens them up and not require the whole home dvr for hardware.
post #732 of 980
It appears the HD Music Choice channels are just being added now.

On channel 1919 MCSRHD just appeared (soft rock). Only one so far

Once again, it is a station I can't get on my tivo, assume the rest of them will be as well
post #733 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post

It appears the HD Music Choice channels are just being added now.

On channel 1919 MCSRHD just appeared (soft rock). Only one so far

Once again, it is a station I can't get on my tivo, assume the rest of them will be as well

Plus Package channels, we know why you are not getting those.

But TruTV HD and the Music Choice channels are not going to be above 860MHz. You should receive them.
Have you called Cox and asked to have your CableCard reinitialized?
post #734 of 980
Was able to get TruTV HD after getting my cable cards re hit, but that's the only addition.
post #735 of 980
Thread Starter 
i have the whole home dvr were is channel 1919
i guess whole home dvr box are deffective
post #736 of 980
they pulled it for now, they were just testing as far as I can tell It showed up a few days ago on my line up and my premiere gave me a message box that this channel had been added. Then it went away. I guess it could be possible tribune media jumped the gun and added it to the line up for tivo to early as well, but it's odd only one was added. I think more likely is it was mapped in the cable card stream.


it will be back, we are supposed to get all music choice channels soon
post #737 of 980
YES network added to HD channel 724, just next to NESN.
post #738 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATPTourFan View Post

YES network added to HD channel 724, just next to NESN.

Don't expect to watch any Yankee games on it though.
post #739 of 980
looks like all the music choice channels have been added now. Got a message on my tivo for over 50 channels being added.


Is anyone able to tune into any of these? I'm getting the dreaded "Cannel not available" message on all of them.
post #740 of 980
I would love one one of the new boxes, but have no need fo whole home DVR, any word on this?

Scott
post #741 of 980
So awhile ago I tried to get a M-Card from Cox for a new TivoHD that I added to the household so that I wouldn't have to pay for 2 cards every month. When they installed the card we found that for some reason the CCI byte was enabled for every channel including ones that I don't believe they are allowed to be on like local channels. Cox was unable to provide an answer on why the CCI byte was enabled on this card and not its single stream cards which I have 4 of in the same house. Due to frustration and just wanting to get the Tivo up and running I decided to just go ahead and go with the 2 single stream cards like I have in my other two Tivo's. Now the problem is arising again because I have been looking at getting a Tivo Premier but that box only has one Cable Card slot and I don't want to be forced to choosing between a locked down Tivo and a one with only one tuner. My question is has any else come across this problem and does anyone know if Cox has resolved the issue?
post #742 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJP11 View Post

. My question is has any else come across this problem and does anyone know if Cox has resolved the issue?

When you say CCI byte is enabled, what is it set to? Most are set to 0x02 which shouldn't cause any issues with recording, just propreitary services like MRV and TivotoGo. If it was set to 0x00 then that is likly a pairing issue more to do with internally in Cox's system then the hardware. Those flags are set system wide, I can't imagine a "working" M-card seeing them any differently.

Tivo Support site on Copy-write
post #743 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Harry View Post

When you say CCI byte is enabled, what is it set to? Most are set to 0x02 which shouldn't cause any issues with recording, just propreitary services like MRV and TivotoGo. If it was set to 0x00 then that is likly a pairing issue more to do with internally in Cox's system then the hardware. Those flags are set system wide, I can't imagine a "working" M-card seeing them any differently.

Tivo Support site on Copy-write

It was set to 0x02 thus not allowing MRV like you mentioned, but on the single stream cards its set to 0x00.
post #744 of 980
Thread Starter 
were is music choice hd channels there not on the whole home dvr? I guess whole home dvr can not get them? not surprising though must me a glich in these boxes like everything when it comes out glich glich. or the box can not goto the higher numbers
post #745 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJP11 View Post

It was set to 0x02 thus not allowing MRV like you mentioned, but on the single stream cards its set to 0x00.

Ahh, yes, I had seen that problem come up on different forums, and the threads seem to die after the OP solved it, but would never give a solution. Was it set to 02 for every channel I assume? I would check on the Tivo forums and see if there is a trend with Cox. I am wondering if this is intentional.
post #746 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJP11 View Post

So awhile ago I tried to get a M-Card from Cox for a new TivoHD that I added to the household so that I wouldn't have to pay for 2 cards every month. When they installed the card we found that for some reason the CCI byte was enabled for every channel including ones that I don't believe they are allowed to be on like local channels. Cox was unable to provide an answer on why the CCI byte was enabled on this card and not its single stream cards which I have 4 of in the same house. Due to frustration and just wanting to get the Tivo up and running I decided to just go ahead and go with the 2 single stream cards like I have in my other two Tivo's. Now the problem is arising again because I have been looking at getting a Tivo Premier but that box only has one Cable Card slot and I don't want to be forced to choosing between a locked down Tivo and a one with only one tuner. My question is has any else come across this problem and does anyone know if Cox has resolved the issue?

I had my Premier set up towards the end of February with a MCard.

Every single channel is 0x00.
post #747 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post

I had my Premier set up towards the end of February with a MCard.

Every single channel is 0x00.

I wonder if it could be a pairing issue then? What was Cox's final word on it?
post #748 of 980
Thread Starter 
i was taking to a cox rep
you now can only get whole home dvr if you only have hdtv anyone with a old analoge tv's are out of luck
post #749 of 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomputerguy View Post

i was taking to a cox rep
you now can only get whole home dvr if you only have hdtv anyone with a old analoge tv's are out of luck

I don't think that is entirly accurate. I refer to this post on the subject

Cox HSI BBR Forum Post

There is no technical reason why you need any HD televisions. I think that confusion is caused by the lack of coaxial on the Whole home receivers and the coordinating procedure to make sure the TV's to be hooked up have inputs other then coaxial. Also, could be something to the fact that Whole room receivers cost as much as HD receivers, so you would be paying for HD equipment you can not fully use.

So if you have a SDTV or EDTV with composite or above I believe your fine. Or even a RF modulator. Just don't expect to make full use of the equipment.
post #750 of 980
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Harry View Post

I don't think that is entirly accurate. I refer to this post on the subject

Cox HSI BBR Forum Post

There is no technical reason why you need any HD televisions. I think that confusion is caused by the lack of coaxial on the Whole home receivers and the coordinating procedure to make sure the TV's to be hooked up have inputs other then coaxial. Also, could be something to the fact that Whole room receivers cost as much as HD receivers, so you would be paying for HD equipment you can not fully use.

So if you have a SDTV or EDTV with composite or above I believe your fine. Or even a RF modulator. Just don't expect to make full use of the equipment.

maybe your right thats what i was told but then again the info might not be right i got from the cox rep
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Providence, RI - Cox