or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

brite-View CinemaTube - Page 5

post #121 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

I see! So are you guys planning selling brite-View CinemaTube (BV-5005HD) also via amazon?I feel better buying through amazon. Once it is, I am a sure buyer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

this is how i ordered mine
post #122 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaboo View Post

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

this is how i ordered mine

unavailable! sorry
post #123 of 2730
To all who have questions about "DTS Dowmnix"

I've just confirmed with our development team - if you ALREADY HAVE DTS RECEIVERS, you only need to set the audio output to "Raw". This way the CinemaTube will not "downmix" it to 5.1 or 2 channel. It just passes through the data.

If you DO NOT have DTS receivers or a TV that can handle DTS, simply set the audio output to "LPCM" and CinemaTube will decode/downmix the audio. Before such products, users would not be able to hear the audio part in the video.

So if you have DTS receivers, don't worry - CinemaTube will not decode the sound if you don't want it to.

I hope this helps clear some doubts.
post #124 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

To all who have questions about "DTS Dowmnix"

I've just confirmed with our development team - if you ALREADY HAVE DTS RECEIVERS, you only need to set the audio output to "Raw". This way the CinemaTube will not "downmix" it to 5.1 or 2 channel. It just passes through the data.

If you DO NOT have DTS receivers or a TV that can handle DTS, simply set the audio output to "LPCM" and CinemaTube will decode/downmix the audio. Before such products, users would not be able to hear the audio part in the video.

So if you have DTS receivers, don't worry - CinemaTube will not decode the sound if you don't want it to.

I hope this helps clear some doubts.

It does! But cant check, till we get the player. Amazon says UNAVAILABLE! No offense!
post #125 of 2730
After downloading the new firmware, how do you install it?

Can I download it to a flash drive and install it? Is it easy to do?
post #126 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancomycin View Post

After downloading the new firmware, how do you install it?

Can I download it to a flash drive and install it? Is it easy to do?

The manual says it can be done via USB or ONLINE but gives no details.
post #127 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

To all who have questions about "DTS Dowmnix"

I've just confirmed with our development team - if you ALREADY HAVE DTS RECEIVERS, you only need to set the audio output to "Raw". This way the CinemaTube will not "downmix" it to 5.1 or 2 channel. It just passes through the data.

If you DO NOT have DTS receivers or a TV that can handle DTS, simply set the audio output to "LPCM" and CinemaTube will decode/downmix the audio. Before such products, users would not be able to hear the audio part in the video.

So if you have DTS receivers, don't worry - CinemaTube will not decode the sound if you don't want it to.

I hope this helps clear some doubts.

That is great news! That is what I thought from the beginning, but just needed some confirmation. Thanks again for your timely responses.
post #128 of 2730
Can I connect a external dvd player to the USB port and play dvd's from this?

One more question are there any reviews "out" yet for the cinematube?
post #129 of 2730
Good news, my CinemaTube just arrived! Photo's to follow.
post #130 of 2730
Attachment 153135

Attachment 153136

Attachment 153137

Attachment 153138

Attachment 153139
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #131 of 2730
Attachment 153140

Attachment 153141

They obviously covered up the YouTube XL per their statement.
Attachment 153142
LL
LL
LL
post #132 of 2730
akakillroy, thanks for the fascinating pictures.

Can I reproduce them on my site? Crediting you of course.

Or alternatively, could you make a page of them so I can link to it?

I know my visitors would be very interested..
post #133 of 2730
post #134 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by iboum View Post

akakillroy, thanks for the fascinating pictures.

Can I reproduce them on my site? Crediting you of course.

Or alternatively, could you make a page of them so I can link to it?

I know my visitors would be very interested..

Certainly!
post #135 of 2730
Attachment 153148

Attachment 153149

Attachment 153150

Attachment 153151

Attachment 153152

Sorry they are not the best of quality, just using my iPhone 3GS as I am at work right now. Will re-pack ;-) and try to take some video too ;-)
Few more left.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #136 of 2730
post #137 of 2730
post #138 of 2730
If anyone has any questions please let me know. Sorry a couple photos may have been posted upside down, I was in a hurry. Will make a video too if you like. (I am a master of re-packaging).
post #139 of 2730
Thanks for posting the un-boxing, looking forward to some reviews to start rolling in.
post #140 of 2730
I do not think I have anything pressing this evening, I would be happy to post my comments tonight when I get home. I have a nice new Theater room with a 120" Screen to try it out on
post #141 of 2730
How does "USB firmware update" work?

1. Please visit our support page: http://www.brite-view.com/support.php
2. Please find the "firmware update" underneath "CinemaTube"
3. Save the firmware to a USB drive; has to be under the root directory
4. Plug the USB dirve into your CinemaTube; turn it on
5. Go to hoem menu, see Setup --> System --> Software Update; choose "USB update"
6. You should see a window telling you what the current version of the firmware is and what and the latest version is, with release note

Speaking of which, we're looking for people who already received their units to help us confirm the HFS+ compatibility with the latest firmware (version: 500510099161). If any damage is caused by this testing, we will send you a new replacement unit.

Thanks!
post #142 of 2730
@zoro: the pre-ordered units will only be available through our store page atm (through PayPal). We will start having some units available through Amazon in October the earliest.

@freedonkey: no, CinemaTube wouldn't play the DVD if you plug in a DVD drive. I personally explain this product to my friends as "A DVD Player without the DVD part". Reviews should be available soon.
post #143 of 2730
Can't update firmware with USB thumbdrive. Get error message: "can't get image version"
post #144 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by akakillroy View Post

I do not think I have anything pressing this evening, I would be happy to post my comments tonight when I get home. I have a nice new Theater room with a 120" Screen to try it out on

Would you mind at your convenience posting live shots of the innerface (GUI)
Thxs
post #145 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

Reviews should be available soon.

Can you please confirm who will be reviewing the unit? Thanks.
post #146 of 2730
@mitau we tried it ourselves and the problem might be that it would take the CinemaTube a bit time to recognize the firmware. Please try it again after you use the CinemaTube to play one of the videos on your USB drive (so you know the CinemaTube can read already read the files on the drive)

@Papa_I b/c of limited # of units available we've only sent them out to 1) the Gadgeteer 2) NewTeeVee 3) HTGuys 4) TweakTown. Some might take their time doing the review, but it's for all's benefit.
post #147 of 2730
akakillroy: Can you tell me if you will be attaching a hard drive or streaming, and what machine/NAS you will be doing so from. Thanks
post #148 of 2730
I am going to be doing both. Getting the firmware now and will attempt to install now.
post #149 of 2730
Says image is damaged when I attempt to update. I am going to format the flash drive and re-attempt. I have some photos of the interface too to upload.
post #150 of 2730
I have tried the update using a USB flash drive, formatted FAT32 and FAT still no joy. Switching to an external drive for mated NTSF.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home