or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

brite-View CinemaTube - Page 4

post #91 of 2730
NTFS drives should work fine originally, but our team was trying to improve the torrent download feature with a firmware update, and somehow that firmware causes the problem with NTFS drives. It is a matter of a firmware update and should be resolved very soon.
post #92 of 2730
First of all I'd like to thank Brite-View for having the courage to be part of this community and answer everyone's questions.

Brite-view, you have mentioned several times about the decoding of the Audio with certain settings, but it is still not clear to me why would you not have the option to pass-through the audio without decoding so that people with recievers can have the audio decoded by the receiver to hear the audio as it was meant to be?
post #93 of 2730
Hi guys, I have used the Cinematube to play some 720p/1080p mkv files on a NTFS WD My Book 1TB drive and I have not seen any problems (yet)..The unit works great so far, will get a second one for my other TV.
post #94 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

NTFS drives should work fine originally, but our team was trying to improve the torrent download feature with a firmware update, and somehow that firmware causes the problem with NTFS drives. It is a matter of a firmware update and should be resolved very soon.

Can you release the earlier firmware that didn't have the NTFS issue? I suspect that's far more important to most of us than the torrent client.
post #95 of 2730
Quote:


Hi guys, I have used the Cinematube to play some 720p/1080p mkv files on a NTFS WD My Book 1TB drive and I have not seen any problems (yet)..The unit works great so far, will get a second one for my other TV.

How about Dolby Digital and DTS sound? Can you get 5.1 surround sound?
post #96 of 2730
looks promising. so dts hd master is still issue
post #97 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@srauly because CinemaTube decodes DTS, it's not possible to output true HD sound. This product is designed for general purpose and for those without a DTS receiver. People without DTS receiver could not even hear the audio part in the movie before such products existed.

@Makita426 currently the subtitle encoding (other than English) includes Unicode (UTF8), GBK (simplified Chinese) and BIG5 (traditional Chinese).

@grdig2 Yes there is "Time Shift" feature. You can key in the title, chapter or time you want to go to. There is no "bookmark" in this version, but you can repeat a video from point A to point B.

@Papa_I That's because Popcorn Hour just passes the audio through, there is no "decoding DTS". Therefore, no downmix either. That product is for people who already have DTS receivers.

I'm sorry, but for those of us with AV Receivers capable of decoding all HD audio formats through the HDMI cable, are we out of luck with this product and true HD sound ? We truly understand the need to downmix DTS to connect directly to a TV, but what about those with decoding receivers ? Can't we just shut off the downmix and allow the raw audio to pass through to our AV receivers ?

I'm pretty sure WD HD Media Player allows this.

I know this question had been hashed and re-hashed but the answers were a little un-clear to me.

Are you saying that people with AV Receivers should not purchase the CinemaTube and instead buy the Popcorn Hour ?
post #98 of 2730
It seems that the 2 most important aspects of this unit are the following:

1. Able to play .MKV files in NTFS format HD without any problems.

2. Able to pass through lossless audio format and let the receiver do the lossless audio decoding.

In my opinion, the Torrent and YouTube options are useless. I use those options with a computer.
post #99 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancomycin View Post

It seems that the 2 most important aspects of this unit are the following:

1. Able to play .MKV files in NTFS format HD without any problems.

2. Able to pass through lossless audio format and let the receiver do the lossless audio decoding.

In my opinion, the Torrent and YouTube options are useless. I use those options with a computer.

are u saying it will treat dts hdm and true hd the way fat ps3 use to do?
post #100 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushix View Post

How about Dolby Digital and DTS sound? Can you get 5.1 surround sound?

I will connect the Cinenatube to my Onkyo 805 to check this. Where can I find mkv files with DTS-MA or DTS-HD to check the pass thru ? I thought the mkv format does not support DTS-HD.
post #101 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitau View Post

I will connect the Cinenatube to my Onkyo 805 to check this. Where can I find mkv files with DTS-MA or DTS-HD to check the pass thru ? I thought the mkv format does not support DTS-HD.

do u already have one? may be some one here can upload a couple clips for us.thnx
post #102 of 2730
If available from amazon for $89 u have a sale
post #103 of 2730
Quote:
I will connect the Cinenatube to my Onkyo 805 to check this. Where can I find mkv files with DTS-MA or DTS-HD to check the pass thru ? I thought the mkv format does not support DTS-HD

You can download MediaInfo which will tell you what kind audio sound you have on the MKV file. It is free.
post #104 of 2730
Quote:
If available from amazon for $89 u have a sale

BV-6000P is different CinenmaTube. BV-6000P does not have ethernet port(for streaming and BT). CinemaTube(BV-5005HD) has ethernet port.
post #105 of 2730
Over MPC forum, they tested the AC Ryan which has the exact same Reaktek chipset and w/ HDMI raw option selected, the Dolby TrueHD light lit up on their receiver. I hope it will be the same on this unit.
post #106 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvn4179 View Post

Over MPC forum, they tested the AC Ryan which has the exact same Reaktek chipset and w/ HDMI raw option selected, the Dolby TrueHD light lit up on their receiver. I hope it will be the same on this unit.

Is there more than one A.C. Ryan Media Player ?
The ACR-PV72100 is advertised as 1080i - not 1080p
post #107 of 2730
Well, I've read through the thread and this seems like it will work for me so I've ordered one.

My main thing is I'm not real happy streaming through my ps3. (with ps3ms)
I can't access menus or chapters and ff and rewind don't work well either. Also, some files don't work right wmv9, as I recall, for one.

Hopefully this will work better, and anyway, I won't have to run the ps3 that gets hot and loud after a while.

Dave
post #108 of 2730
When I played the mkv with DTS and set HDMI-Raw on the Cinematube, my Onkyo displayed "DTS" so it appears DTS 5.1 is OK. Same for Dolby Digital.

mkv has not yet supported DTS-HD so this kind of file (mkv with DTS-HD) does not exist. .m2ts and .ts do support DTS-HD but I don't need those formats for my media player.

I did experience the slugginess (skipping frames, lagging audio) with some mkv files so the problems with NTFS HD are real but only some files are affected, not all. Those files played perfectly on my HTPC.

Too bad there is no option for 1080p/24, can this be fixed with a firmware update ? The "resume" function is also missing !
post #109 of 2730
I ordered a CinemaTube early Thursday afternoon and got a FedEx tracking number on Friday afternoon but it doesn't appear to have shipped yet as the FedEx site shows no info.

I really appreciate the comments from those who have already gotten one.

Has anyone found a file that won't play? Has anyone used the network connectivity in uPnP and/or SMB mode? Has anyone tried playing a DVD ISO image and checked the menu functionality?

I'm hoping the CinemaTube will handle a very large variety of codecs/containers as claimed and work well with a low end NAS (D-Link DNS 321/323).
post #110 of 2730
So far I have not experienced any skipping with some MKV files. However, I still have to do further testing.
post #111 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitau View Post

I did experience the slugginess (skipping frames, lagging audio) with some mkv files so the problems with NTFS HD are real but only some files are affected, not all. Those files played perfectly on my HTPC.

did the sluggishness occur on 720p files or 1080p files?
post #112 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancomycin View Post

How do I change the language to English? When I turn on the unit, it is in Chinese. I cannot read Chinese.

It's hard to tell exactly what steps are required from just the manual but it looks like you have to push "Setup" to get into the menu system and then use the arrow keys to move 3 positions on the top row to the "System" tab (4th "collumn"). Hint enter there (???) or possibly just use the arrow keys to scroll down to get the sub menu where the first choice seems to be "Language". Scroll down and select that and the first entry seems to be English.

Looking at pages 31-33 in the manual should help. Just be careful to back out of any menus that seem to show the video modes (1080P, 1080i, etc) to avoid losing the display if you're TV isn't capable of all the modes.

The manual is available for download from tehir support page but the forum won't let a newbie like me post a link...

Obviously since I don't have a unit yet, this is at your own risk but I suspect it should be pretty easy to figure out with the manual and the screen choices in front of you.
post #113 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueribb View Post

Is there more than one A.C. Ryan Media Player ?
The ACR-PV72100 is advertised as 1080i - not 1080p

PlayOnHD model that has the similar h/w. It seems confirmed that DTS-HD was downmixed to 5.1 CH in passthru mode.
post #114 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by user-name View Post

I ordered a CinemaTube early Thursday afternoon and got a FedEx tracking number on Friday afternoon but it doesn't appear to have shipped yet as the FedEx site shows no info.

I really appreciate the comments from those who have already gotten one.

Has anyone found a file that won't play? Has anyone used the network connectivity in uPnP and/or SMB mode? Has anyone tried playing a DVD ISO image and checked the menu functionality?

I'm hoping the CinemaTube will handle a very large variety of codecs/containers as claimed and work well with a low end NAS (D-Link DNS 321/323).

Wow! I thought the next shipment is 10/5
post #115 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvn4179 View Post

PlayOnHD model that has the similar h/w. It seems confirmed that DTS-HD was downmixed to 5.1 CH in passthru mode.

This makes no sense. Passthrough or raw means "untouched" and should allow the receiver to process or decode it. Why would they go to the trouble of downmixing this audio mode.

You said it "seems confirmed". Where, who ?
post #116 of 2730
is this the time for all the companies to release their digital video players , wdtv2, seagate+and the newly revealed britetube , first I thought of buying wdtv2 , I own the previous so that was the idea then seagate's theatre + came and today it's britetube \\, all with almost same features lan,1080p ,dts and realmedia and it's really getting hard to choose one from , isn't it getting diffucult to chose ?
post #117 of 2730
Hi all, thanks for all the questions and I'll get back one-by-one in just a bit. Just want to annouce that the latest firmware (version 500510099161) available on our website (the "Support" page) has made HFS+ drives compatible, and fixed the problem with NTFS drives.

Here's a detailed list:

1. Support HFS+ filesystem.
2. Support video resume playback.
3. Support AAC 6CH.
4. Remove L/R option from OSD.
5. Improve video playback performance for NTFS hard drive.
6. Subtitle size and position indication.
7. Step by step to use setup wizard.
8. Support external subtitle for MKV files.
post #118 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

Hi all, thanks for all the questions and I'll get back one-by-one in just a bit. Just want to annouce that the latest firmware (version 500510099161) available on our website (the "Support" page) has made HFS+ drives compatible, and fixed the problem with NTFS drives.

Here's a detailed list:

1. Support HFS+ filesystem.
2. Support video resume playback.
3. Support AAC 6CH.
4. Remove L/R option from OSD.
5. Improve video playback performance for NTFS hard drive.
6. Subtitle size and position indication.
7. Step by step to use setup wizard.
8. Support external subtitle for MKV files.

thanks. Is amazon selling it too
post #119 of 2730
@zoro: no, the one on Amazon is not CinemaTube, but BV-6000P. Please see details here (Is CinemaTube Available on Amazon for $89)
post #120 of 2730
Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@zoro: no, the one on Amazon is not CinemaTube, but BV-6000P. Please see details here (Is CinemaTube Available on Amazon for $89)

I see! So are you guys planning selling brite-View CinemaTube (BV-5005HD) also via amazon?I feel better buying through amazon. Once it is, I am a sure buyer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home