or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Dune HD Base 3.0 and Prime 3.0 on Sigma 8642 in Q4 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dune HD Base 3.0 and Prime 3.0 on Sigma 8642 in Q4 2009 - Page 7

post #181 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangoO View Post

Hi there ;-)

I'm really interested in buying an HD Prime 3.0, but I live in Europe and have tons of Region A Blu-rays... how easy is it to make it region free ?

Thx !

Its will be same like on Dune 1.0. Look for more info http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/
post #182 of 6075
I don't see FLAC file support anywhere...
post #183 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by deon View Post

I don't see FLAC file support anywhere...


http://dune-hd.com/hd_players/110-dune-hd-base-3.0.html

Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, WMA, WAV, DTS-WAV, DTS, AC3, AAC, FLAC.
post #184 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by deon View Post

I don't see FLAC file support anywhere...

Multi channel flac as well as stereo is supported, inside mkv containers, not sure about what other containers.

The actual spec on the main page is out of date, check the firmware change logs here to find out whats available:

http://dune-hd.com/firmware/bdprime/

EDIT

.fla and .flac files are supported, over at mpcclub forums, it has been confirmed that multichannel flac does indeed work. I have opted in for the buy in on Prime 3.0 models, its had a slight facelift, and looks better IMO, MPCC say the first 30 users should have their units by the end of next week, or mid week W/C 16/11.

Once i receive mine, i will keep this post updated with findings, as the buy is not available to the US.

With regards to region free, there was a patch released for the 1.0 to make it region free....im guessing its only time before one is released for the new model.
post #185 of 6075
Will these units support video library plugins similar to "mymovies" or
mediabrowser"?
post #186 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone View Post

Will these units support video library plugins similar to "mymovies" or
mediabrowser"?

Yes,on Dune player its- dune_folder.txt


more info: http://dune-hd.com/firmware/misc/

http://dune-hd.com/firmware/misc/

http://dune-hd.com/firmware/misc/Ine...nfig_howto.txt


http://dune-hd.com/firmware/misc/dune_folder_howto.txt



http://dune-hd.com/firmware/misc/dune_folder_howto.txt
post #187 of 6075
Does anyone have a Dune 3.0 yet, if so is it possible to confirm if the unit supports dolby Truehd and dtsma passthrough via hdmi?

Thanks
post #188 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofgents View Post

Does anyone have a Dune 3.0 yet, if so is it possible to confirm if the unit supports dolby Truehd and dtsma passthrough via hdmi?

Thanks

Don't see why they wouldn't, 1.0 units already do...
post #189 of 6075
Dune 3.0 has a new chip, wait for the reviews...

C-200 looked great too, but Sigma's libs are incomplete with many bugs/missing features...
post #190 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinker442 View Post

Dune 3.0 has a new chip, wait for the reviews...

C-200 looked great too, but Sigma's libs are incomplete with many bugs/missing features...

This why they(C-200) rash to be first,before Dune 3.0 .
post #191 of 6075
"Small first impression from a user". Base user I think...

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21766
post #192 of 6075
If you buy the unit with the built in blu-ray player, can you rip blu-rays from this included blu-ray player to your hard drive?
post #193 of 6075
Nope.
post #194 of 6075
I know it says that it doesn't come with one, but can a Blu-ray drive be installed onto the Base model?
I'm thinking of getting one from Newegg.
post #195 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticentwookiee View Post

I know it says that it doesn't come with one, but can a Blu-ray drive be installed onto the Base model?
I'm thinking of getting one from Newegg.

http://dune-hd.com/hd_players/110-dune-hd-base-3.0.html

Quote:


- Compatibility of the player with a particular equipment (A/V equipment, network equipment, disk drives, etc) may depend on particular equipment model, specifics of equipment installation, specifics of the configuration of the player and equipment, and other factors; compatibility of the player with any equipment is not guaranteed.
post #196 of 6075
Not sure how reproducing the generic disclaimer from the manufacturer should answer my question?
Can i hook up a BD drive to the base model? I do not see where in the link above it says that. It may also be that some language exists that implies it and that I do not know enough to interpret it so.
Thank you.
post #197 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticentwookiee View Post

Not sure how reproducing the generic disclaimer from the manufacturer should answer my question?
Can i hook up a BD drive to the base model? I do not see where in the link above it says that. It may also be that some language exists that implies it and that I do not know enough to interpret it so.
Thank you.

Quote:
Compatibility disk drives

-its min-yes you can hook up a BD drive-nobody guaranty its will work,-you have to by BD drive from HDI- same have Dune prime.
post #198 of 6075
MPC Club has their review up for the Dune Prime 3.0 (PDF link): http://www.mpcclub.com/download.php?...bd_prime30.pdf
post #199 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

MPC Club has their review up for the Dune Prime 3.0 (PDF link): http://www.mpcclub.com/download.php?...bd_prime30.pdf



Ok, where are the shipments! Been waiting for mine and of course my patience runs out!
post #200 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post

Ok, where are the shipments! Been waiting for mine and of course my patience runs out!

Patience, grasshopper.....

I'm getting signs that it's very close.
post #201 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

Patience, grasshopper.....

I'm getting signs that it's very close.

post #202 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

Patience, grasshopper.....

I'm getting signs that it's very close.



Yea, I know. I read a legit review on it and it is directly compared to the Popcorn 200. I'm glad the Dune has the 8642 chip in it, instead of the odd number set.
post #203 of 6075
finished reading the review, sounds like a great machine, the only thing I don't like is the music player... it looks so cheap.
post #204 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevenz View Post

finished reading the review, sounds like a great machine, the only thing I don't like is the music player... it looks so cheap.

What the review says is ok...but a little odd since they never really mentioned about making it better via firmware update. They know these products can be updated and made better with new firmware...so the potential for being a "better" player is there. How come that wasn't mentioned.
post #205 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevenz View Post

finished reading the review, sounds like a great machine, the only thing I don't like is the music player... it looks so cheap.

Opinion like ass hole-everybody have one.
post #206 of 6075
From the review this is the first player that I came across that can play Bluray ISO files without issues, but there is no mention of audio bitstreaming etc. - may be the earlier versions do hence not mentioned? I wish it was little easy on the wallet though!
post #207 of 6075
SVM-this something min:

post #208 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

Patience, grasshopper.....

I'm getting signs that it's very close.

I hope they get the hardware issues worked out before they ship DC their units. MPC Club reporting numerous BD drives not working properly.

I don't think DC wants to test every unit before they go out.
post #209 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

I hope they get the hardware issues worked out before they ship DC their units. MPC Club reporting numerous BD drives not working properly.

I don't think DC wants to test every unit before they go out.

We could, but it would slow down shipping considerably.
post #210 of 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

We could, but it would slow down shipping considerably.

Out of the first 52 units shipped, so far there has been 6 reports of DOA or non-functioning BD drives and those are from the people that either picked them up in person or were close enough to get them in a day or two. One poor fellow got two units and BOTH were non-functioning.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Dune HD Base 3.0 and Prime 3.0 on Sigma 8642 in Q4 2009