or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony 700
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Harmony 700 - Page 18

post #511 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post

After using the MyHarmony interface for programming the 700 for the past couple days, I decided to try the V7.7 software. It allows for a greater control of all the devices, including better sequences. For example, when the Toshiba HDTV turns on, it takes about 30 seconds to power up, so had to add three 10 second delays before it would change inputs for watching TV or DVD.

Actually, the better way is to set the power on delay for the Toshiba HDTV to >30 seconds.
post #512 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post

...Is there any way to change this order so that "Watch TV" is on page 1?

See sticky Harmony Tips thread.
post #513 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

See sticky Harmony Tips thread.

Tried that, can only get it to change to "Watch DVD" and "Watch TV" on page 1, and "Watch Movie" on page two. Still can't get the "Watch TV" to be listed at the top of page 1 no matter how I re-order things on the site.
post #514 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post


Tried that, can only get it to change to "Watch DVD" and "Watch TV" on page 1, and "Watch Movie" on page two. Still can't get the "Watch TV" to be listed at the top of page 1 no matter how I re-order things on the site.

Since the 700 has hard activity buttons, I don't think you'll ever get those to show on the first screen (watch tv, watch movie, listen to music).
post #515 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post

Tried that, can only get it to change to "Watch DVD" and "Watch TV" on page 1, and "Watch Movie" on page two. Still can't get the "Watch TV" to be listed at the top of page 1 no matter how I re-order things on the site.

The items assigned to the hard buttons at the top of the remote will never appear on page one of the screen unless you only have two activities. They will always be last. Logitech doesn't allow users to think for themselves, they decided that you will never want an activity assigned to a hard button and on page 1.
post #516 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpcgeek View Post

The items assigned to the hard buttons at the top of the remote will never appear on page one of the screen unless you only have two activities. They will always be last. Logitech doesn't allow users to think for themselves, they decided that you will never want an activity assigned to a hard button and on page 1.

Oh ok, that explains it then. Kind of a stupid reason though....you should be able to have the activities listed on the LCD in any order you want.
post #517 of 681
After using the two Harmony 700 remotes for the past few days, I've noticed the one I'm using in the Living Room has some buttons that do not respond well. Mostly the Rewind and FastForward (on either side of the Play button) and a few of the numbers. The 2nd remote is set to work with the same DVR model in the Bedroom, and those RW and FF buttons on it work fine, even when using it in the Living Room. So after trying them both out, it does seem like the one remote has "wiggly" FF and RW buttons, that don't make good contact when pressed. I can even tell because the RF icon on the LCD doesn't appear unless I press+wiggle the buttons.
So back to BestBuy to swap this one out. Hopefully the replacement is OK like the other one.
post #518 of 681
How do I program a button on the default screen (the screen the remote goes to after everything is turned off)? I don't understand how to get to this screen to customize the button.
post #519 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsfield View Post

How do I program a button on the default screen (the screen the remote goes to after everything is turned off)? I don't understand how to get to this screen to customize the button.

You can't do that on harmony. The best you can do is add that function to one of your devices, requiring only 2 additional clicks.
post #520 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsfield View Post

How do I program a button on the default screen (the screen the remote goes to after everything is turned off)? I don't understand how to get to this screen to customize the button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

You can't do that on harmony. The best you can do is add that function to one of your devices, requiring only 2 additional clicks.

I'm not sure I get the question or the response for that matter.

When the remote is in the "off" state, the lcd screen is on page 1 of your activities. The buttons beside each selection (two on right, two on left) are for selecting that corresponding activity. When you say you want to customize the screen, do you mean that you want to reorder the activities, so that an activity that appears on page 2 is now on page 1? If that is the case, then there is a way to reorder the activities on your remote, but you have to use harmonyremote.com and not the 7.7.0 computer application to do it. I've not done it as I don't feel the need, but I know that others have successfully done this with the 700. For instructions, go here:

http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/09/ho...-logitech.html

If you have something else in mind, then maybe you could clarify.
post #521 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurray716 View Post

I'm not sure I get the question or the response for that matter.

When the remote is in the "off" state, the lcd screen is on page 1 of your activities. The buttons beside each selection (two on right, two on left) are for selecting that corresponding activity. When you say you want to customize the screen, do you mean that you want to reorder the activities, so that an activity that appears on page 2 is now on page 1? If that is the case, then there is a way to reorder the activities on your remote, but you have to use harmonyremote.com and not the 7.7.0 computer application to do it. I've not done it as I don't feel the need, but I know that others have successfully done this with the 700. For instructions, go here:

http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/09/ho...-logitech.html

If you have something else in mind, then maybe you could clarify.

I use the button in the bottom left hand corner to turn the lights on and off through a Lutron switch. I would like to be able to use the remote for this purpose while on page 1 of activities when nothing is on.

Thanks for your interest.
post #522 of 681
I assume that you mean that you have created an activity for turning on/off your lights and this activity is on some other page than page 1. You should be able to reposition that activity to page 1 using the information I posted above.
post #523 of 681
You can't put anything but activities on the main screen. Most of us solve this problem by adding our light controls to every activity. And to control lights outside of an activity, just go to the lighting device, 2 clicks, like I said before. A light control activity is overkill.
post #524 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsfield View Post

I use the button in the bottom left hand corner to turn the lights on and off through a Lutron switch. I would like to be able to use the remote for this purpose while on page 1 of activities when nothing is on.

Thanks for your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

You can't put anything but activities on the main screen. Most of us solve this problem by adding our light controls to every activity. And to control lights outside of an activity, just go to the lighting device, 2 clicks, like I said before. A light control activity is overkill.

mdavej,

Easy bro, I was just trying to offer a suggestion to jimsfield so that he could do what he wanted, which is control his lights from page 1 of the activities screen without anything else turned on. I certainly didn't mean to step over your post. peace out
post #525 of 681
Sorry, just trying to make the point to the OP that there is no way to put those buttons on the home screen. Short responses from my phone tend to sound harsher than I meant. My opinion is a new activity, while a good solution, isn't worth the effort. Just my opinion.
post #526 of 681
If I'm not mistaken, the light controls were probably already included in each activity? to dim the light, turn on the TV, the receiver,... so on. So I would agree with mdavej that using the Light device to control it w/o anything else on is only 2 clicks away.

I guess whether you need to have a special activity for lighting control is depending on how thorough you want to be (i.e. avoiding going into the device mode at all cost :-). I would just use the device mode to control light in this scenario.
post #527 of 681
Hello,
First sorry for my poor english. I need your help to check on your Harmony 700 remote, cause on mine all the keys on top or on side of the LCD screen are not retro lighted (such as activities keys).
Is it normal or all keys must be retro lighted ? Thanks. Regards.
post #528 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicentim View Post

Hello,
First sorry for my poor english. I need your help to check on your Harmony 700 remote, cause on mine all the keys on top or on side of the LCD screen are not retro lighted (such as activities keys).
Is it normal or all keys must be retro lighted ? Thanks. Regards.

It is normal. The keys from the LCD screen to the top are not lit.
post #529 of 681
Thank you for your answer !
post #530 of 681
really no point in illuminating those buttons as the screen is illuminated and the button to select the choice on the screen is right next to it. However, would have been nice to illuminate the activity buttons up top (shrug).
post #531 of 681
Is there a discrete 'Sleep Now' remote control code for Apple TV? I often find my ATV on and would like to hit one button on my Harmony remote to turn it off.
post #532 of 681
^^^ I highly doubt it, as there isn't a command for the ATV remote for it. The ATV uses so little power I just leave it on 24/7.
post #533 of 681
I've had the 700 for 18 mos., and in the last 6 mos. it's been hard to recharge, because the plug appeared to be "loose" in the wall socket, or something was loose, because it would stop charging during the night.

After it failed to charge this week, I decided to plug it into the surge protector which lies flat on the floor and see if that would work. Well, luckily it did charge the remote, but when I pulled the plug it fell apart. The part that holds the prongs separated from the rest of the adapter.

I looked at the Logitech web site info on the Harmony 700, and didn't see anything about ordering new battery rechargers. Can someone tell me if they sell them, or is this remote just junk when the battery dies now? TIA for any responses.
post #534 of 681
You can charge it through any USB port on a computer with the micro USB cable. You can also use regular (non-rechargeable) batteries in the remote, just remember to not try to charge them.
post #535 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmisfit View Post

I've had the 700 for 18 mos., and in the last 6 mos. it's been hard to recharge, because the plug appeared to be "loose" in the wall socket, or something was loose, because it would stop charging during the night.

After it failed to charge this week, I decided to plug it into the surge protector which lies flat on the floor and see if that would work. Well, luckily it did charge the remote, but when I pulled the plug it fell apart. The part that holds the prongs separated from the rest of the adapter.

I looked at the Logitech web site info on the Harmony 700, and didn't see anything about ordering new battery rechargers. Can someone tell me if they sell them, or is this remote just junk when the battery dies now? TIA for any responses.

Any off the shelf USB charger should work just fine. The cable is USB to Micro USB, nothing special. eBay will be loaded with them for a couple of bucks. It's a standard item.
post #536 of 681
I've read warnings about using regular batteries elsewhere. So you are saying it is OK to use "regular" non-rechargeable batteries? Any specific brand, etc.?

Thanks for the info about both methods. Believe it or not I had forgotten that cable could be detached from the adapter, since I alway left it attached to keep from losing it.
post #537 of 681
Thanks, Joe... that's a relief nothing special is required.

My other response was to THX... took me too long to reply. Thanks again, THX and Joe, my panic is relieved.
post #538 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmisfit View Post

I've read warnings about using regular batteries elsewhere. So you are saying it is OK to use "regular" non-rechargeable batteries? Any specific brand, etc.?

Thanks for the info about both methods. Believe it or not I had forgotten that cable could be detached from the adapter, since I alway left it attached to keep from losing it.

Yes it's perfectly fine to use standard AA batteries in the remote provided you don't try and charge them. Any AA battery will work.
post #539 of 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmisfit View Post

I've had the 700 for 18 mos., and in the last 6 mos. it's been hard to recharge, because the plug appeared to be "loose" in the wall socket, or something was loose, because it would stop charging during the night.

After it failed to charge this week, I decided to plug it into the surge protector which lies flat on the floor and see if that would work. Well, luckily it did charge the remote, but when I pulled the plug it fell apart. The part that holds the prongs separated from the rest of the adapter.

I looked at the Logitech web site info on the Harmony 700, and didn't see anything about ordering new battery rechargers. Can someone tell me if they sell them, or is this remote just junk when the battery dies now? TIA for any responses.

couple of things.

1 - You cannot charge rechargable batteries in the remote by plugging the remote into a USB port on a computer or other powered device.

2 - It is not recommended to use normal non-rechargable batteries in the remote as they do not meet the spec of the OEM rechargable batteries and may void the warranty if remote is damaged as a result. They will work in a pinch, and if your out of warranty anyway, (usually one year from date of purchase) I guess it doesn't matter as far as that goes. However, you still could damage the electronics by providing power not in spec.

3 - Not just any off the shelf AC power adapter will work with the H700. Only the Logitech AC adapter will work at recharging the batteries in the remote. The Logitech H700 AC power adapter is very difficult to find and Logitech doesn't sell it that I know of but you can try their Sales at 1-800-231-7717.

What you can do is find yourself an external battery recharger that will work with your OEM spec batteries. These are pretty easy to come by, but with the disadvantage of having to remove the batteries from the remote. This is what I do as my aftermarket H700 did not come with an AC adapter. I have two sets of OEM spec rechargable batteries and an external recharger. One set in the remote and one charged and in stand-by. The spec for the OEM batteries is:

NiMH replacement batteries, size AA R6 with a minimum of 1800 mA
post #540 of 681
I have a Denon AVR-4311 and am using the 700 with it. My directional up and down keys are not responding to the Denon. The directional left and right work fine, but not up or down! I even tried learning them and still no luck. I know these keys work with my other devices so it is not the remote itself. any thoughts? thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony 700