I have a workaround for the six device limit. The trick is to combine the devices. I combined my TV and A/V receiver devices by doing this:
- Delete the receiver device.
- Go into the settings of the TV device and learn infrared commands.
- Create a new set of commands called RcvrPowerOn, RcvrPowerOff, RcvrInput1, RcvrInput2, etc. Learn those commands from the A/V receiver's remote.
- Learn new TV volume and mute commands from the A/V receiver's remote.
- In the settings for the TV, go to adjust power settings. Tell it that your device needs more than one command to turn it on and add the RcvrPowerOn command. Do the same for the off command.
- For each of the activities, review the settings. Say the settings are correct, but you want to add more control over options. Go all the way to the last screen and add the RcvrInputWhatever command to the list.