Originally Posted by Ice Cold
I've been trying to connect to Xbox Live using my cell phone
Sprint Rev A 3G (really more like 3.5G) 1.4MB down 400kbps upload.
USB 2.0 tethered connection to my laptop.
Xbox 360 ethernet to my Laptops ethernet
It connects but can't get past DCHP or NAT some settings
one day it will work.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMLKSiAKGM
This absolutely works with the LG Voyager through Verizon and the Iphone 3GS through AT&T. I know because I've did twice.
Its also the way to connect through your hotels ISP. You will need either a WiFi connection to your hotels ISP or a the 360 wireless adapter.
Here are the steps:
1) Order the Internet Service (duh.. lol).
2) Use your laptop to login to the ISP service. You probably have to give your room number and a passcode.
3) Insure you can generally surf the web freely by trying a few of your favourite internet sites.
4) Turn on Internet Connection Sharing
5) If you are using a wired ethernet connection to your hotel's ISP.. then create a ad-hoc WiFi network with your WiFi adapter.
5a) If you are using a WiFi connection to your hotel's ISP.. then create a ad-hoc wired ethernet network with your wired ethernet connection.
6) Connect your 360 to your ad-hoc network using either of the above solutions. (Either WiFi or Ethernet).
7) Run the Xbox Live connection test and you should be good to go.
Trust me its alot simpler than it seems. The hardest part is setting up the ad-hoc network.