first, i'm new to the forum and i have joined up purely becuase of the excellent work being done here on this thread.
dealing with forced subtitles is a nightmare, so i thought i'd share with you my method.
1) backup private copy of my dvd (vobs and such)
2) run vobs through dvdsubedit,
3) check 'display forced subs' box
4) run through frames using slider to check the dialouge in question.
5) run the inbuilt ocr and save to .srt
6) combine srt with vobs when making the backup avi with autogk.
yesterday i bought a copy of district 9, and i'd forgotten the above method. i spent all day from 9 till 5 trying to figure it out. drove me totally insane.
then, after trawling the interweb and coming across this thread time and again for some reason my memory was jogged and hey presto, got a totally accurate forced subs srt in about 5 minutes flat with minimal brain use and minimal mouse clicking.
and finally, a big big thank you for the list ! awesome effort !