or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Battleship: The Movie and more
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battleship: The Movie and more - Page 3

post #61 of 223
where's that damn guilty pleasure phone book of mine! ...

lastest trailer looks just badass. Now...Rihanna?? tssss... I'll just focus on the alien guy and the action then (as if there were anything else to focus on anyway)
post #62 of 223
Oh dont get me wrong I will see it :P
post #63 of 223
More food for my subwoofer, should be fun on BD.
post #64 of 223
I'll go.


If you pay my rent this month.
post #65 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Cane View Post

More food for my subwoofer, should be fun on BD.

As long as it doesn't turn out to be a 2012.
post #66 of 223
Battleship does it for me! No meaningful dialogue, pure action, adventure, advanced aliens vs. U.S. Navy almost 50% is animation.

It going be a $500 million dollar worldwide blockbuster picture plus 2 sequels to boot! Cannot get any better then this!
post #67 of 223
post #68 of 223
The trailer didn't impress me but I know I'm somehow gonna find myself at the theater... lol
post #69 of 223
I'll see it,,, Looks interesting! Alien invasion type flick, all over it! Kind of reminds me of Battle LA only this time it is the Navy doing the fighting instead of Marines.

Waiting for an Army and Air-force version!!!!
post #70 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post

I'll see it,,, Looks interesting! Alien invasion type flick, all over it! Kind of reminds me of Battle LA only this time it is the Navy doing the fighting instead of Marines.

Waiting for an Army and Air-force version!!!!

Psssh lol
post #71 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

I'll go.


If you pay my rent this month.

How much do you need to cover it Matt?
post #72 of 223
Umm wow. Saw this during the Superbowl

This looks too much like transformers. I was waiting for optimus prime to show up. Anyone know why they went with almost the same art style and design and feel as transformers in this?
post #73 of 223
Easy sell.

Alien robot things.

Explosions.
post #74 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 View Post

Umm wow. Saw this during the Superbowl

This looks too much like transformers.

Yeah, I noticed that too.
post #75 of 223
Thread Starter 
post #76 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 View Post

Umm wow. Saw this during the Superbowl

This looks too much like transformers. I was waiting for optimus prime to show up. Anyone know why they went with almost the same art style and design and feel as transformers in this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Yeah, I noticed that too.

The attack on the air base, the big building breaking in half, there seem to be too many "set pieces" repurposed from the Transformers franchise. I see this to be a handicap, as people have had a bit much of the rehashed mindless Transformer blowups lately, and this could limit its box office pull.
post #77 of 223
let's see:
skyline
battle l.a.
transformers 1-3

been there, done that
post #78 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 View Post

Umm wow. Saw this during the Superbowl

This looks too much like transformers. I was waiting for optimus prime to show up. Anyone know why they went with almost the same art style and design and feel as transformers in this?

Lol. I said the same thing to my kids during the SB commercial. Even the sounds the alien machines make is damn near identical to Transformers. Maybe the Battleship aliens are the Primes redheaded stepchild?

I still want to see this.
post #79 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

let's see:
skyline
battle l.a.
transformers 1-3

been there, done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I still want to see this.

Full Disclosure: yeah, I'll see it on BD.
post #80 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Lol. I said the same thing to my kids during the SB commercial. Even the sounds the alien machines make is damn near identical to Transformers. Maybe the Battleship aliens are the Primes redheaded stepchild?

I still want to see this.

Ill wait for blu ray
post #81 of 223
Just watched the superbowl ad... I hope the music will be better in the movie cause it really doesn't help in that trailer. Music, like in a real film... It feels a bit too much like Transformers as already mentioned - but there are battleships, lots of battleships, and I love battleships
post #82 of 223
Not that it matters one bit, but is this movie set in the past? There are currently no active battleships in the US Navy fleet. Just seems like a strange anachronism.

No doubt I will watch this someday when it comes out for rental. With Liam in there maybe we can get an awesome cheesy speech ala Bill Pullman in Independence Day, that would rule!
post #83 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoaf View Post

Not that it matters one bit, but is this movie set in the past? There are currently no active battleships in the US Navy fleet. Just seems like a strange anachronism.

No doubt I will watch this someday when it comes out for rental. With Liam in there maybe we can get an awesome cheesy speech ala Bill Pullman in Independence Day, that would rule!

LOL indeed!

I still don't understand why they needed to give Rihanna a role. Not that it would require shakespearian acting skills but for now I only see this as way to attract a certain audience. Maybe the sequel will have Justin Bieber fighting aliens...
post #84 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

It feels a bit too much like Transformers as already mentioned - but there are battleships, lots of battleships, and I love battleships

Yeah, but it can't be as bad as Transformers 2 or 3...
post #85 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoaf View Post

Not that it matters one bit, but is this movie set in the past? There are currently no active battleships in the US Navy fleet. Just seems like a strange anachronism.

There are no active battleships anywhere, and the four Iowa-class ships we used were pretty much relegated to shore bombardment ever since WWII ended.

This film is really just wish fulfillment, banking on the mystique big gunned ships have always had, even though you could count on one hand the number of actual large scale battleship fleet actions in history. I guess old-fashioned fire control 16-inch guns are more cinematic than computer controlled guided missiles that the modern Navy uses.
post #86 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

There are no active battleships anywhere, and the four Iowa-class ships we used were pretty much relegated to shore bombardment ever since WWII ended.

But as a title, 'Battleship' sounds better than 'Cruiser'
post #87 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Yeah, but it can't be as bad as Transformers 2 or 3...

Well the trailer doesn't look very clever to be honest. Might be a good visual spectacle but I don't expect much from that one.

And Transformers 3 was cool!
post #88 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

But as a title, 'Battleship' sounds better than 'Cruiser'

There are not too many cruisers left, either. I think it's us, Russia, and Peru using an old WWII ship. (Heck, most of our current cruisers are really scaled up destroyers.)

Destroyer would be okay, but it also sounds like a comic book character. And I don't recall playing a game called Destroyer, either. Unless you're talking about particularly vicious games of tag.
post #89 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post


There are not too many cruisers left, either. I think it's us, Russia, and Peru using an old WWII ship. (Heck, most of our current cruisers are really scaled up destroyers.)

Destroyer would be okay, but it also sounds like a comic book character. And I don't recall playing a game called Destroyer, either. Unless you're talking about particularly vicious games of tag.

Upscaled destroyers with missiles!
post #90 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Full Disclosure: yeah, I'll see it on BD.

me too despite my earlier post.

but really a battleship fighting aliens.
the navy doesn't even have battleships anymore.

well fiction is fiction i guess.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Battleship: The Movie and more