or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › The Office on NBC - Seasons 5 - 9
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Office on NBC - Seasons 5 - 9 - Page 8

post #211 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

My favorite moment was during "Deposition" when they read back Wallace's testimony about Michael getting the job in New York. He testified "What do you what me to say? He's a nice guy," but then had to admit that he wasn't a serious candidate for the position.

The sad look on Wallace's face when they read that back in front of Michael was perfect. He really liked Michael and was sorry that he had to admit that he didn't believe he was upper-management material.

I always loved when Dwight started that fire and Michael/Dwight visited Corporate and tried to act like it wasn't a big deal.
post #212 of 830
IMO , This season overall has been kind of lame.
post #213 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by del View Post

IMO , This season overall has been kind of lame.

We're sorry to hear that.
post #214 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

I really liked David Wallace as the straight guy. He was exactly the kind of corporate executive who has to deal with a childish employee who he can't fire. He also generally liked Michael for the same reasons I do so he was easy to relate to.

Same thing with Jan initially.

David was my favorite of the show's recurring characters. I always thought the actor, Andy Buckley, did a perfect job of portraying him. His part-time presence will be missed.

from wiki:

"Andy Buckley had given up acting and gone on to a career in finance as a stock broker for Merrill Lynch. The Office casting director Allison Jones remembered him and convinced him to return to acting to play the role of David Wallace. He still works full time as a stock broker; his recurring role on The Office is merely a side job. Buckley's co-workers are reportedly very supportive of his dual career."
post #215 of 830
a very outstanding season thus far. Hoping The Office lasts forever.
post #216 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahist17 View Post

David was my favorite of the show's recurring characters. I always thought the actor, Andy Buckley, did a perfect job of portraying him. His part-time presence will be missed.

from wiki:

"Andy Buckley had given up acting and gone on to a career in finance as a stock broker for Merrill Lynch. The Office casting director Allison Jones remembered him and convinced him to return to acting to play the role of David Wallace. He still works full time as a stock broker; his recurring role on The Office is merely a side job. Buckley's co-workers are reportedly very supportive of his dual career."

Neat little find, thanks for sharing.
post #217 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq View Post

Neat little find, thanks for sharing.

That makes perfect sense. He really did look like a guy who had been pulled out of the real life business world and dropped into the crazy Office world.
post #218 of 830
Thread Starter 
Looks like tonight's episode will be grand.
Can't wait.
post #219 of 830
While I still love the show overall, I'm actually about ready to be done with the whole pregnancy storyline. Hopefully, the baby will soon dissapear just like most sitcoms.
post #220 of 830
That was a great episode tonight. Probably one of the top 5 episodes of all time.
post #221 of 830
Amongst all the hilarity, I think Dwight stole the show. I'll never forget him being pulled over.
post #222 of 830
Funniest episode I've seen in a while. Dwight definitely stole the show. Andy was pretty good, too.
post #223 of 830
Thread Starter 
Great episode.
post #224 of 830
for being very non-office, baby-focused, I thought yesterday's episode was pretty funny. Dwight was hilarious. There were some funny parts from kevin and Michael. The whole Andy-Erin aspect was awkward, as usual.

After the past couple episodes, which I didn't think were funny at all, it was good to have a decent one again.
post #225 of 830
Not as funny as the wedding, but it certainly had its moments.

It's certainly a kinder, gentler office than it used to be. I wonder just what Ricky Gervais thinks of this state of affairs.
post #226 of 830
I thought it was great! Dwight throwing stuff out of the car as he was being pulled over was hilarious.

And Michael. How long are the contraptions now!

Jims looks and comments when the male Breast feeding expert was doing his hands on tutoring with Pam was too funny.

Finally Erin and Andy finding out their feelings for each other just when it seemed it was never going to happen.

Lots going on in this episode, might have to watch it again.
post #227 of 830
Andy wasn't smart enough to figure out you can't send a FAX to the same number your machine is on.
post #228 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

It's certainly a kinder, gentler office than it used to be. I wonder just what Ricky Gervais thinks of this state of affairs.

It was actually his recommendation that the American version of the Office be less mean than his version.
post #229 of 830
But that recommendation would have produced the initial seasons of The [American] Office, which were considerably more mean-spirited than the present season. I wonder if Gervais thinks things have gotten too warm and fuzzy (for the record, this season is the only season I might actually want to buy. For all their brilliance, earlier seasons are a bit painful to re-watch... which may be why things are getting warmer and fuzzier).
post #230 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

I thought it was great! Dwight throwing stuff out of the car as he was being pulled over was hilarious.

... and the cop knowing it was Dwight before pulling him over.
post #231 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

But that recommendation would have produced the initial seasons of The [American] Office, which were considerably more mean-spirited than the present season. I wonder if Gervais thinks things have gotten too warm and fuzzy (for the record, this season is the only season I might actually want to buy. For all their brilliance, earlier seasons are a bit painful to re-watch... which may be why things are getting warmer and fuzzier).

I've watched the old seasons several times. While Michael was more obnoxious stupid and the comedy was cruder, I don't see any major difference in the tone of the show other than Jim and Pam's relationship is the major feature of this season. You can't be too mean with that, can you? I think Gervais would have gone down the same route if Tim and Dawn hadn't gotten together in the last few minutes of the very last extra special of the original Office.
post #232 of 830
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

That was a great episode tonight.

I've watched this past week's episode maybe 4 times now?
It's a hit IMO. (Not to be a fan boy)

Currently drunk and watching it again at 1:47 AM
post #233 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Not as funny as the wedding, but it certainly had its moments.

It's certainly a kinder, gentler office than it used to be. I wonder just what Ricky Gervais thinks of this state of affairs.

I know I'm in the minority here but this show is unwatchable at this point. I actually deleted last week's "baby episode" after only 5 minutes. I also find this whole Jim/Pam storyline incredibly annoying. I really believe them getting together was the "jump the shark" moment in this series. They should have ended the series when Michael reassumed command of the branch.

As for Gervais, I recently watched the entire BBC original series again, and it is vastly superior to the NBC version.
post #234 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by gq91355 View Post

As for Gervais, I recently watched the entire BBC original series again, and it is vastly superior to the NBC version.

Wow, we've never heard anyone say that on the AVS Forum before.
post #235 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by gq91355 View Post

As for Gervais, I recently watched the entire BBC original series again, and it is vastly superior to the NBC version.

Gervais has been interviewed on the differences of the series many times and he says neither one is superior. You probably know he writes for the US series.
post #236 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by gq91355 View Post

I know I'm in the minority here but this show is unwatchable at this point. I actually deleted last week's "baby episode" after only 5 minutes. I also find this whole Jim/Pam storyline incredibly annoying. I really believe them getting together was the "jump the shark" moment in this series. They should have ended the series when Michael reassumed command of the branch.

As for Gervais, I recently watched the entire BBC original series again, and it is vastly superior to the NBC version.

So you only watched 5 mins of it before deleting but yet you feel justified to comment here anyway. Why bother to even post in this thread then if that is how
you feel?
post #237 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Gervais has been interviewed on the differences of the series many times and he says neither one is superior. You probably know he writes for the US series.

He has co-written one episode of the US version. Total.
post #238 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by atyclb View Post

He has co-written one episode of the US version. Total.

Maybe so, but he has been the executive producer of the show for its whole run.
post #239 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Maybe so, but he has been the executive producer of the show for its whole run.

Which means he simply collects checks for every episode that airs around the world. He has no actual involvement in the various versions other than that.
post #240 of 830
I thought it was a very middling episode. Some good, some bad. One of the better eps of the season, but not great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › The Office on NBC - Seasons 5 - 9