or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Community" on NBC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Community" on NBC HD - Page 46

post #1351 of 1924
Teaser for the "Law and Order" episode here:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHwNo6k-Hh4
post #1352 of 1924
what a complete lack of funny
post #1353 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Teaser for the "Law and Order" episode here:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHwNo6k-Hh4

Looks good.
post #1354 of 1924
post #1355 of 1924
My vote is for the 'normal' shows (set in the classroom) with the occasional stunt show as spice--like the halloween eps, the paintball eps, etc.
post #1356 of 1924
So Ahbed is a narcissist?
post #1357 of 1924
Donald Glover returns to 30 Rock tonight for their live episode.
post #1358 of 1924
Todd! Fat Neil! Magnitude! Vicki! What a great episode.

My laugh out loud moment was when Britta was just cut off by the scene change.
post #1359 of 1924
Omar!

A mans got to have a code.
post #1360 of 1924
Amazing episode....so many LOL moments!
post #1361 of 1924
I think the episode would have resonated more with me if I had ever watched an episode of Law and Order. It had funny moments, but it's probably one of my least favorite episodes. Chevy barely used yet again, but lots of great scenes with Michael Williams. A man's gotta have a code.

And I guess we finally found out who dies. Meh.
post #1362 of 1924
I have not watched law and order for some time. But the camera work just dont look exactly right to me. They seem to move the camera more in community.
post #1363 of 1924
Honestly a great episode - I want to say my favorite, but Paintball comes to mind. Either #1 or #2, then again I'm a huge L+O Fan. Loved the cameo by Leslie Hendrix too! Episode was done very, very well, even the camera work was correct. Also, 17 Executive Producers (and fonts!) were a nice touch!
post #1364 of 1924
The entire episode was epic. They had the mannerisms/style of L&O down-pat. This will definitely require a handful of rewatches to pick up on all the subtleties!

A few things I noticed:
-the "gavel" was a tape dispenser
-Troy's Spider-Man tie
-the way everyone was, in a very serious tone, constantly reminding everyone else that it wasn't really a trial
-Fat/Cool Neal was referred to as the "Keymaster"
post #1365 of 1924
Loved the few references to The Wire: Man's gotta have a code and the phrase 'in the wind', probably a few more in there if I rewatch it.
post #1366 of 1924
They really nailed the feel of Law and Order, and there were a lot of great moments. Abed freaking out on the "lawyers" because they ruined the case was hilarious.
post #1367 of 1924
I loved the fake interrogation of Starburns where they literally try and good cop/bad cop him! Shirley standing behind the fishtank as if it were a two-way mirror in an interrogation room was great too!
post #1368 of 1924
Funniest show since the Ken Burns sendup (which needed to have immediately followed the previous week's setup rather than come on the usual week later).

Lots of very subtle throwaway comedic bits. This is what made Community great to begin with. A howler of a sendup of any TV police procedural.

And what was with Chang just standing to one side, staring into space??
post #1369 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Funniest show since the Ken Burns sendup (which needed to have immediately followed the previous week's setup rather than come on the usual week later).

Lots of very subtle throwaway comedic bits. This is what made Community great to begin with. A howler of a sendup of any TV police procedural.

And what was with Chang just standing to one side, staring into space??

Isn't that what bailiffs do?

The only I part I found to be truly funny was the dean at the very end.
post #1370 of 1924
I'm going to have to agree to disagree with those that don't like the "concept episodes". They are what makes this show truly special.

If you want typical sitcom hi jinks might I suggest you turn the channel to Rules of Engagement ?
post #1371 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post

I'm going to have to agree to disagree with those that don't like the "concept episodes". They are what makes this show truly special.

If you want typical sitcom hi jinks might I suggest you turn the channel to Rules of Engagement ?

If you want to do a show full of mostly concept episodes, then don't do two seasons where they're sparse and "normal" episodes are more prevalent. Have the balls to commit to what you really wanted to do all along. I completely understand why fans of seasons 1 and 2 are feeling a bit put-off by the pretty substantial change this season. I miss the "normal" episodes and the humor that the amazing writers have mined from "normalcy", but two of my favorite episodes have come from this season, and both were concept episodes. This has definitely been my least favorite season of the series, though.
post #1372 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

If you want to do a show full of mostly concept episodes, then don't do two seasons where they're sparse and "normal" episodes are more prevalent. Have the balls to commit to what you really wanted to do all along. I completely understand why fans of seasons 1 and 2 are feeling a bit put-off by the pretty substantial change this season. I miss the "normal" episodes and the humor that the amazing writers have mined from "normalcy", but two of my favorite episodes have come from this season, and both were concept episodes. This has definitely been my least favorite season of the series, though.

Aren't we seeing episodes now that were written while the show's future was uncertain? Maybe the writers felt they had to pack in as much crazy as they could before they were cancelled.
post #1373 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

Aren't we seeing episodes now that were written while the show's future was uncertain? Maybe the writers felt they had to pack in as much crazy as they could before they were cancelled.

Nope, the shows were written before that. Many were filmed during the break though. The outline for the season was created long before the break.
post #1374 of 1924
uniform
post #1375 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post

If you want typical sitcom hi jinks might I suggest you turn the channel to Rules of Engagement ?

I do. Community comes way down on the list of shows I DVR and watch each week, after Good Wife, Mad Men, Rules of Engagement, New Girl, Smash, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, and some other shows. If I still have time on the weekend and I've caught up with my other shows, then Community gets a viewing.

And its not that I don't like the concept episodes. It's that I preferred when it was a mix of normal and concept episodes in a nice balance. Unfortunately, now that its all concept episodes, it's like sketch comedy. Sometimes it's over the top fantastic, and some times if falls totally flat. It's like tuning in Saturday Night Live. I never know if its going to be one of the brilliant concept episodes, or a total yawner.
post #1376 of 1924
For those who have already seen this weeks episode (spoiler if you have not yet):

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
'Community': Find out why (SPOILER) died in last night's 'Law & Order' episode!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/27/co...w-order-death/
post #1377 of 1924
NBC moves up the finale of Community. We get 3 episodes May 17th.

Not sure how to interpret this plan of action, but hopefully NBC isn't just simply dumping what's left and moving on.
post #1378 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

NBC moves up the finale of Community. We get 3 episodes May 17th.

Not sure how to interpret this plan of action, but hopefully NBC isn't just simply dumping what's left and moving on.

I would have to think moving the finale into sweeps is a very good thing and a sign of confidence in the show. Conversely, booting Awake's two hour finale out of sweeps probably means it'll be cancelled.
post #1379 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by URFloorMatt View Post

I would have to think moving the finale into sweeps is a very good thing and a sign of confidence in the show. Conversely, booting Awake's two hour finale out of sweeps probably means it'll be cancelled.

I would too, but a similar move was made with Arrested Development. I'm hoping for the best. Entertainment Weekly did an article about shows on the bubble this week. Their guess is that 2 out of 3 NBC Thursday comedies will be saved, with one only getting 13 episodes to wrap up. The 3 being Parks, Community, and 30 Rock.
post #1380 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

I loved the fake interrogation of Starburns where they literally try and good cop/bad cop him! Shirley standing behind the fishtank as if it were a two-way mirror in an interrogation room was great too!

Starburns: "I can both see and hear you."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Community" on NBC HD