I was referred to this forum by a friend. I put a lot into my living room and I wanted to attempt to get more out of my viewing experience. As of right now, I have almost every channel that Charter cable has to offer in HD, have a X360(I barely play it), and play a lot of online games on my laptop in the same room. so I was thinking of replacing my current 50 plasma with the Epson model.
I am completely ignorant to a degree with projectors. So as of now, I know I will just need to buy a wall mount but I have a few questions.
1. Is this a decent projector? I'm fine with "ok" for now as long as it looks good with a large picture. I've seen mixed reviews but I've also noticed that for some reason people review based on looking at DVDs or any other non HD source. Which I find odd.
2. I'm in a town home that I rent, how much room should I need to maximize the screen size?
3. Should I get a screen for it? My walls are white but I'm not sure if that is enough or if a screen would really make a difference.
4. When people refer to the blacks, what does that mean?
5. I've noticed this thing says 2500 lumens. What does that mean?
Finally is this the best projector for the $500 price mark? Id love 3d but I've seen bad reviews on most of them.