or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Pinnacle Speakers ( Official Page )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pinnacle Speakers ( Official Page ) - Page 2

post #31 of 310
Back in the day I had a pair of PN5's. They rocked!
post #32 of 310
I just bought a NIB Pinnacle AC 700 center channel off Fleabay today for $151 shipped (actually $139 after using Bing cashback). Evidently, the AC 700 was their flagship center channel model prior to the BD 700 center channel. After reviewing the specs on each and speaking to a rep at Pinnacle, it appears that they are the exact same speaker. I'm sure it's not the absolute best center in the world and won't touch something like an Aerial CC5, but getting it brand new in the box for 14% of its retail price seemed like a pretty good bargain, so I jumped on it. It will be at least a week or so before it arrives, but I'll report back with my thoughts once I get it up and running and spend a little time with it.
post #33 of 310
Hello!
I cannot wait and I pulled the trigger. Kinda impatient.
I take the chance and ordered the MB8000 from Dell last night. Not enough information to make decision, but I like the whole acoustic suspension set (including the sub). The MB6000 better fits my budget, but with 100 more you get more drivers for the front and an acoustic sub.

Pinnacle speakers are listed here and there as audiophiles' stuff; and Dell, Sears, and even Wally, are serious vendors. For 350, not much to lose. Now I am weighing either the Yamaha RX-V365 (on sale 160 now at newegg) or the Denon AVR590 (350 everywhere). Video is not a big of a deal, but I like nice sound. May be the RX-V365 is enough (for 200 less), but I love Denon more.
post #34 of 310
I also ordered the Denon AVR590 from BB, via Bing .

Let's see how these guys will be doing.
post #35 of 310
I picked up the AVR590 at BB. Beautiful thing.
Dell also shipped my MB8000
Cheers,
IB
post #36 of 310
I just got my Pinnacle center channel speaker today. They actually sent me a BD 700 instead of the AC 700 that was advertised. Either way they're the same speaker, but the BD 700 is the most recent and is currently selling as a closeout item on Pinnacle's website for $549. The one I received was brand new in the box and drop-shipped direct from Pinnacle. My initial observations are that build quality is very good and it easily bests my current center speaker (a TAD Aural Ecstasy 805-c), which was no big surprise. I'll be interested to see how it does after it has some time to break in. Even if it doesn't get any better than it currently is though, it's still a heck of a deal for $139 after cashback.
post #37 of 310
I received the Pinnacle yesterday. There are some minor defects, must go back, and Dell shipped a replacement today.
post #38 of 310
I received the replacing Pinnacles. There is damage at one corner of the big carton, but the speakers and the sub look awesome. Hopefully nothing's broken inside. I will post some pictures soon

I also received the Klipsch SW-350 and the Energy Take Classic. There will be some side-by-side comparison pictures. Of course the best part is sound comparison

Cheers!
post #39 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbadge View Post

I received the replacing Pinnacles. There is damage at one corner of the big carton, but the speakers and the sub look awesome. Hopefully nothing's broken inside. I will post some pictures soon

I also received the Klipsch SW-350 and the Energy Take Classic. There will be some side-by-side comparison pictures. Of course the best part is sound comparison

Cheers!


Dang man, your starting to sound like me. If we would save up we might have enough to buy somthing REALLY nice insted of buying 2-3 mid level sets.
post #40 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

Dang man, your starting to sound like me. If we would save up we might have enough to buy somthing REALLY nice insted of buying 2-3 mid level sets.

I could not agree more.
However, I think we have a right to play a little bit while saving and waiting for a better chance. I won't live forever. Everyday I save, I lose something, say music, for example.

On the bright side: I have never had a Klipsch, an Energy, a Pinnacle. Now I can experience something, can even compare, and say something. Many people won't care, because the things I have mean nothing to them. But some other people, like me, care.

When it comes to listening, all we can count on is our... ears. I don't mean to discredit reviews or others' advice, but honestly, I believe eventually it's all about our... ears. May be my ears are good only for mid (or even low) level sets But I enjoy it, now. I can't wait. And I also suggest you won't, because, who knows.

Cheers!

PS: Man, I just ordered some speakers wires and a sub cable from amazon Feel really good already Oh and btw, Dell forgot to include the sub cable in the package, gave me little money for discount
post #41 of 310
I've been trying to decide on whether I should pull the trigger on the MB8000 or the MB10000 or should I look at something else. Can anyone who has experience with these speakers tell me if they are the way to go? Or, would you recommend something else after having heard these? I'm trying to stay in this price range, but can go up a little more if the sound quality justifies it. I wish I could audition them before ordering, but that's impossible I guess. Thanks in advance.
post #42 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthonungo View Post

I've been trying to decide on whether I should pull the trigger on the MB8000 or the MB10000 or should I look at something else. Can anyone who has experience with these speakers tell me if they are the way to go? Or, would you recommend something else after having heard these? I'm trying to stay in this price range, but can go up a little more if the sound quality justifies it. I wish I could audition them before ordering, but that's impossible I guess. Thanks in advance.

This is the guy who bought and listened to that MB8000. You might want to discuss with him.

I have two sets: MB8000 and Energy Take Classic with a Klipsch sub. However I won't have free time to test and compare the two until this weekend.

Cheers!
post #43 of 310
I've got a question for you guys who have the mb8000 system from Dell. Could you take a look and see if it's compatible with European voltages? (220V-240V)
Ussually it's written on the back with 120-240V on the voltage.

Thanks!

Coze
post #44 of 310
Hi Coze,

Sorry, only 120v.
post #45 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbadge View Post

This is the guy who bought and listened to that MB8000. You might want to discuss with him.

I have two sets: MB8000 and Energy Take Classic with a Klipsch sub. However I won't have free time to test and compare the two until this weekend.

Cheers!

Thanks for the help, and I can't wait to "hear" your impression of how these speakers sound.
post #46 of 310
Just picked up a set of MB8000's at Dell, they are back in stock btw. Not in any means shape or form and audiophile but will do my best to write a review compared to the speakers that came with my Onkyo system. It seems as though there are very few reviews for speakers that would seem to have so much potential
post #47 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp3cialBl3nd View Post

Just picked up a set of MB8000's at Dell, they are back in stock btw. Not in any means shape or form and audiophile but will do my best to write a review compared to the speakers that came with my Onkyo system. It seems as though there are very few reviews for speakers that would seem to have so much potential

Hello! Congrats!
What Onkyo do you have?
Let's see if we have the same conclusion about the MB8000!
Cheers!
post #48 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozezien View Post

I've got a question for you guys who have the mb8000 system from Dell. Could you take a look and see if it's compatible with European voltages? (220V-240V)
Ussually it's written on the back with 120-240V on the voltage.

Thanks!

Coze

MB8000 subwoofer - back
post #49 of 310
I'm going tomorrow to listen to the BD 1000 floorstanding speakers. ill post back my impressions.
post #50 of 310
Stumbled on the thread, thought I'd add a comment...

I've owned a set of Pinnacle Reference Gold mains and Center now for at least 10 years... they have held up incredibly well as sound as good as the day I broke them in... paired with my Athena rears and a Velo sub, it's a very satisfying system and has not left me yearning for an upgrade.

I think that's the best compliment you can give any component.
post #51 of 310
I hooked the Pinnacles up about two weeks ago (I think so). First impression was good. I think it is a little big for my bedroom. I played them low for few days or so, then lately I played them a bit louder (-20 on my AVR590) and then it sounds much better. However, at that level, it seems a bit too much for my bedroom.

The other thing is I think my Samsung DVD player is not very good. I picked a Yamaha SACD/DVD-A player from amazon (currently on sales at $79 shipped) few days ago, and returned the 590 in exchange for an 790 with surround analog inputs. I am now waiting for some cables from Monoprice and banana plugs from eBay. Will see how they play together.

Again, will report back after... final.

Well, I might try to report back earlier

Cheers!
post #52 of 310
Wow, almost fell out of my chair when I saw the thread title!! I've owned pinnacle speakers for nearly twenty years now having had (and in some cases still having) Pn-5's, Pn-6's (two pairs) and Pn-8's (also two pairs (one of which was just purchased on e-bay not three weeks ago!)). In the current line-up are two pairs of pn-8's and one pair of the 6's. The 6's and one pair of the 8's (my original pair) were modified by changing out crossover parts to "modern" parts with the same specs (getting rid of the electrolytic caps in the process)). I can tell you that the unmodified speakers sound very good for the money. The modified speakers simply sound very good, period. They continue to sound even better when I get a chance to upgrade some part of my system (ie. going from receiver based amplification to receiver bypass and separate adcom amplification). They were even more revealing with a passive preamp (Adcom SLC 505) running those amps.

I know this will sound like hyperbole to some, but my modified pinnacles, in my set-up, bested a pair of POLK Lsi15, that I bought with the intentions of finally upgrading my speakers. The Lsi-15's came critically acclaimed and highly recommended in the price range i was researching, so i bought them. Well after letting them break in for a week and a half, i sent them back. The pinnacles may be old but they still kick a$$. Don't know what their current stuff sounds like but I love their archival stuff. I would give my left nut to hear or better yet obtain a mint pair of their ultimate flagship speakers, Pinnacle Aerogel towers. I STILL look on e-bay and craigslist every few days in hopes that someone has a pair they want to get rid of. I've only seen two pairs for sale in the time I have been looking and contrary to the respective sellers descriptions, they did NOT appear to be in good condition.

Long story short (well sorta short) I swear by my Pinnacles and never ever have I sworn AT them!!!
post #53 of 310
Pinnacle speakers have NEVER gotten the kinds of accolades they deserve (at least in some incarnation of their products)
post #54 of 310
Well, today i auditioned the Black Diamond Series, specifically the BD 1000's and matching center. This was matched with some KEF bookshelf speakers in the rear, and a Pinnacle UltraSonic subwoofer (which was unbelievable). For music, i listened to the two channel, and 2.1. For two channel, they sounded great, although slightly less detailed than the Monitor RX6's I am considering. When matched up with the sub however they sounded great. The dealer is also giving me an awesome deal on everything. Movies sounded better than the music did, and they had a great sound stage compared to other speakers in their price range. Overall It was a great experience and i think i am actually set to purchase these for my build.
post #55 of 310
Has anyone heard the higher-end Pinnacle Black Diamond setup -- in particular the BD 2500's with a BD700 center? I'd love to hear your comments if you have.

Thanks
post #56 of 310
Just received my Pinnacle MB 6000 5.1 speaker system.

I purchased the system from DELL at a very reasonable price with free shipping.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A3319348

Ordered on-line on a Wednesday, UPS delivered on Friday of the same week.

I was surprised at the heavy duty packaging used for shipping.

I am impressed with the build and materials quality.

Yes, the speakers are covered with a black wood grain vinyl, but they look good.

Sat & Center speaker construction is heavy duty MDF wood, acoustic suspension design, with keyhole and 1/4-20 brass insert mounting capabilities, large gold plated banana jacks, rated at 8 ohms.

The subwoofer construction is also heavy duty MDF wood, front firing, bottom ported, bass reflex design.

I like the solid brass isolation cones (feet) that came with the sub and the included gold plated six foot cable.

The 10 inch sub has frequency & volume potentiometers, phase switch, but unfortunately, no auto power down (I can live with that), with a single line in RCA jack.

http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/revu_acsub100.html

I have the speakers mated with a YAMAHA RX-V465 receiver. I purchased the receiver from newegg.com at a very reasonable price with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...aha-_-82115194

I would never consider myself an audiophile, but IMHO this system sounds great !
post #57 of 310
Congrats on the new system, enjoy it. Post some pics of your set-up.
post #58 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot15 View Post

Just received my Pinnacle MB 6000 5.1 speaker system.

I purchased the system from DELL at a very reasonable price with free shipping.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A3319348

Ordered on-line on a Wednesday, UPS delivered on Friday of the same week.

I was surprised at the heavy duty packaging used for shipping.

I am impressed with the build and materials quality.

Yes, the speakers are covered with a black wood grain vinyl, but they look good.

Sat & Center speaker construction is heavy duty MDF wood, acoustic suspension design, with keyhole and 1/4-20 brass insert mounting capabilities, large gold plated banana jacks, rated at 8 ohms.

The subwoofer construction is also heavy duty MDF wood, front firing, bottom ported, bass reflex design.

I like the solid brass isolation cones (feet) that came with the sub and the included gold plated six foot cable.

The 10 inch sub has frequency & volume potentiometers, phase switch, but unfortunately, no auto power down (I can live with that), with a single line in RCA jack.

http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/revu_acsub100.html

I have the speakers mated with a YAMAHA RX-V465 receiver. I purchased the receiver from newegg.com at a very reasonable price with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...aha-_-82115194

I would never consider myself an audiophile, but IMHO this system sounds great !

Photos
LL
LL
LL
post #59 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Demon View Post

Has anyone heard the higher-end Pinnacle Black Diamond setup -- in particular the BD 2500's with a BD700 center? I'd love to hear your comments if you have.

Thanks

That's the exact setup I currently have and so far, I am very happy with it. I bought both the BD700 and the BD2500's direct from Pinnacle via Ebay (the BD2500's were B-stock with some minor damage to the corners of the cabinets). Until now, I'd never owned or even heard a pair of Pinnacles before. I basically took a gamble and purchased them based on the price and a few online reviews that I'd read. I replaced a pair of PSB Image 4T's with the BD2500's and haven't looked back. The PSB's were decent speakers, but to me, the highs always sounded kind of muffled/veiled. The BD2500's suffer from none of that and for the price I paid ($500 for the pair of BD2500's and $150 for the BD700), I don't think they can be beat. I have them mated with some Atlantic Technology surrounds and a Seaton Submersive sub and they are great for both movies and music. I think the BD2500's list for $2500 a pair and the BD700 lists for $1000. Would I pay full price for either of these? No. For $3500, I would look elsewhere, however for the price I paid for everything, I would have a very hard time doing any better. I'm sure eventually I'll upgrade to something else, as upgrade-itis is the nature of this hobby, but for right now, I'm very content with the Pinnacles.
post #60 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post

That's the exact setup I currently have and so far, I am very happy with it. I bought both the BD700 and the BD2500's direct from Pinnacle via Ebay (the BD2500's were B-stock with some minor damage to the corners of the cabinets). Until now, I'd never owned or even heard a pair of Pinnacles before. I basically took a gamble and purchased them based on the price and a few online reviews that I'd read. I replaced a pair of PSB Image 4T's with the BD2500's and haven't looked back. The PSB's were decent speakers, but to me, the highs always sounded kind of muffled/veiled. The BD2500's suffer from none of that and for the price I paid ($500 for the pair of BD2500's and $150 for the BD700), I don't think they can be beat. I have them mated with some Atlantic Technology surrounds and a Seaton Submersive sub and they are great for both movies and music. I think the BD2500's list for $2500 a pair and the BD700 lists for $1000. Would I pay full price for either of these? No. For $3500, I would look elsewhere, however for the price I paid for everything, I would have a very hard time doing any better. I'm sure eventually I'll upgrade to something else, as upgrade-itis is the nature of this hobby, but for right now, I'm very content with the Pinnacles.

Thanks much for the info!

That is an amazing deal you received. Understandable re: not wanting to pay $3500 for them, but what about somewhere inbetween? Would you consider $1600 for a new/unblemished set (pair of BD2500's + BD700) a respectable price to pay?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Pinnacle Speakers ( Official Page )