received the 3007 today and replacement for the 876.
Here some findings compared to the 876:
1) First thing is that now when you connect 5, 7 or 9 speakers they all are present in the display menu, so not like the 876 where the display shows the number of speakers in the soundtrack of DVD or BD.
2) Audyssey DSX is faster and better callibrated then Audyssey XT, it sounded better then a run on the 876.
3) PLIIZ (High speakers) realy gives a extra demention to the music.
4) At first the Reon video scaler gave some "problems" with the picture but this was du to the menu structure being a bit different then the 876, so i missed some setting at first.
5) Intenet radio works easy but loads sometimes a bit slow.
6) Abosolute NO problems concerning "clicking" problems. It will click in some cases but this is even LESS then the 876 !!
Some strange stuff with the 3007:
1) With the possiblity of Audyssey DSX (WIDE and HIGH speakers) whi not power both wide and high speaker outlets ?
Now we can use one of the two with 200 watts per channel.
Why not split the 2x 200w in 4x 100w so both wide and high can be used, the software to run it is there............
2) The Subwoofer output can be tuned down for a specific source like DVD or BD. But only DOWN, not UP, and i find this strange as i would like the woofer to be louder when i see a movie, and lower on TV.
So Onkyo, please put also +dB in that menu.
3) A great option is the use of a USB stick for music. Nice clear menu on the TV and works great. Only they put the USB on the front panel, so the lid must always be open when you use a stick.
It would be better to have the USB port on the back, not the front.
4) i do not like the tuned back remote control, i miss some buttons (for this you have to go into the menus) and the most strange missing button is a REC button......
Why is this not on the remote ?
If you want to use the remote also for your settop box with PVR how do i press REC ?
Please keep in mind that this is my personal opinion.
But all in all, a GREAT receiver and a very good replacement for the 876 even the 876 is not outdated yet !!
Hopefull future updates will and can take care of some "problems".....
I have not updated my firmware/sofware yet, not sure if i need to, it runs ok now.......
It runs now on: