or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Panasonic PT-AE4000 MSRP $1999
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic PT-AE4000 MSRP $1999 - Page 5

post #121 of 8492
I will be glad to see a few reviews from some of the ae3000 owners. That will help me make up my mind.
post #122 of 8492
cine4home has made a preliminary review.
post #123 of 8492
I just tried to go to cine4home.com and a warning popped up that it is an attack site.
post #124 of 8492
explorer states in german that access is prohibited
post #125 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajbolit View Post

explorer states in german that access is prohibited


Occasionally those annoying kiddie hackers who like to disrupt people's online businesses and personal websites will hack in to sites with malicious code and i wish we could have some sort of international law tracing thse idiots ( very hard to do if they use a proxy ) as the harm they do is great and they can cost businesses real money as well as cost good websites a reputation they took years to earn.
post #126 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveMillionWays View Post

cine4home has made a preliminary review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post

I just tried to go to cine4home.com and a warning popped up that it is an attack site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajbolit View Post

explorer states in german that access is prohibited

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cine4home.de%2Fnews%2FPanaAE4000%2FAE4000 Preview.htm&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=
post #127 of 8492
Just tried Internet Explorer and i don't see any warnings. I have my Avira premium running which usually pops up warnings if sites are compromised.

Now a few months back the SVS subwoofer official site had issues and i did get that warning but i'm not getting it with this site using either I.E. 8 or Firefox 3.

Oh wait..........I'm looking up Cine4home.de i better recheck for .com

I will check the .com version and rewrite this post.

Yah rewriting post i'm getting reports that it's been compromised and is an attack site.
post #128 of 8492
The google translate version of the cine4home.de preview is a bit better (the link in the previous post actually goes to babelfish):

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

And for anyone who missed it, that preview was also discussed fairly extensively last month:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1176184
post #129 of 8492
Smarty-pants -- Sorry I missed your post on the 9th (we were visiting my other half's mother in LA, and my visits to the AVS Forum was sporadic). I had the PT-L300U (= AE300). I had replaced it with the DLP Toshiba MT700 (a real disaster due to lamp design defects - Toshiba's solution was to drop the PJ). Last October I bought a LCD Mitsubishi HC5500, and loving every minute. My reaction is that any 1080p PJ will blow everything else out of the water.

I'm not in the upgrade mode this year, at least (I'll wait until the 2011 or 2012 models come out). If I was, the AE4000 would be at the top of my list (pending Art's review - I don't trust PJC that much, too many errors as of late). Relative to the Epson 8500UB (I don't consider the 8100, since the 1080UB is better, IMHO), my guess is that in the best modes they are pretty much equal. Based on last years models, the Panny best mode is a little brighter than Epsons. However, the Epson 85ooUB has other modes which are a lot brighter (and not that much worse PQ). I can't really count on it, until Art give us more info, though.
post #130 of 8492
^Thanks Claus!
post #131 of 8492
Here is how to get to cine4home.de. Just type cine4home in your google search box and it will give you the link to the site as well as translate it automatically.
post #132 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFirst View Post

So how do you guys think the 4000 will do in ambient light conditions for watching sports, etc.

You may want to consider a Hi-Power screen or a brighter projector. I currenty have an AE2000 mated with a 119" Da-Lite Hi-Power and am very happy with the results. Will probably upgrade to the AE4000 soon though. The AE2000 has been flawless so far, but I'd like the CIH features of the newer units.
post #133 of 8492
I just pulled the trigger on a pre-order thru Visual Apex to replace my rock-sold but aging AE900. I can't wait!
post #134 of 8492
So are the AE3000 and AE4000 the only projectors that offer the CIH zoom/shift/lens memory function?
post #135 of 8492
Yes.
post #136 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintchris View Post

I dont think we know the Canadian MSRP but I think its safe to say it will be outrageously high!

Australian RRP for the AE4000 is $5499 that's about $5000 USD at the current exchange rate. Now that outrageously high IMO. Considering the JVC RS25 is RRP $8000 in the US and RRP $9499 AUD here I think that's more reasonable.
post #137 of 8492
attempting to talk myself into this. i currently have a AE900U. only has about 700 or so hours on it and has performed flawlessly the past two years. decisions, decisions.....
post #138 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkmgr View Post

attempting to talk myself into this. i currently have a AE900U. only has about 700 or so hours on it and has performed flawlessly the past two years. decisions, decisions.....

Has it been colorimeter calibrated? You need that before you need a new projector. The AE4000 will still be there two years from now, only cheaper and the AE5000 will be calling your name. Save your cash, and enjoy your "flawless" performances.
post #139 of 8492
I think this will make me upgrade but I already have an awesome projector in the Sharp XVZ 12000U Mark II! Still I really like the CIH feature and I may just jump on this one!!! Well it will make an awesome birthday gift for myself next month so what the heck!!
post #140 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabra View Post

Australian RRP for the AE4000 is $5499 that's about $5000 USD at the current exchange rate. Now that outrageously high IMO. Considering the JVC RS25 is RRP $8000 in the US and RRP $9499 AUD here I think that's more reasonable.

Are you sure it is that high. New Zealands Recommended Retail is $5,300 and that comes with a second Bulb included. I would have thought yours would be around the $4,900 to $5,000.
post #141 of 8492
Thread Starter 
I could not tell from the specs if the AE4000 will have organic or inorganic panels. Anyone know?
post #142 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Cler View Post

You may want to consider a Hi-Power screen or a brighter projector. I currenty have an AE2000 mated with a 119" Da-Lite Hi-Power and am very happy with the results. Will probably upgrade to the AE4000 soon though. The AE2000 has been flawless so far, but I'd like the CIH features of the newer units.

Interesting. I can make the room fairly dark by closing some sliding glass door blinds, but during the summer months inparticular, I like to keep them open going out to the swimming pool. Maybe I should just stick with the Epson 8100 like I was planning before the 4000 announcement.
post #143 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post

I could not tell from the specs if the AE4000 will have organic or inorganic panels. Anyone know?

One of the links to Panasonic's site in the first post stated that the panels were inorganic.
post #144 of 8492
What is the difference between organic and in-organic? what are the advantages?
post #145 of 8492
From what I've read:
Organic panels generally have higher degradation due to use and heat than inorganic panels. Also, organic panels are suspectible to image-retention.

There really is no reason to consider an LCD projector with organic panels today, unless someone is looking for an older model on the cheap.

fteixeira
post #146 of 8492
Wow, I bought an AE900 a few years ago and it's amazing how far FP technology has come. I still love my AE900 and I don't have the money to buy the 4000. Maybe once I'm out of college in a couple of years I can get one used for a few hundred bucks .
post #147 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion456 View Post

Has it been colorimeter calibrated? You need that before you need a new projector. The AE4000 will still be there two years from now, only cheaper and the AE5000 will be calling your name. Save your cash, and enjoy your "flawless" performances.

care to elaborate on the colorimeter calibration? i love this projector--was my first!!--and i often wonder whether i should upgrade or not. i guess if i am happy and have plenty of hours left on the bulb. perhaps an upgrade once the bulb runs down.
post #148 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCooper View Post

Are you sure it is that high. New Zealands Recommended Retail is $5,300 and that comes with a second Bulb included. I would have thought yours would be around the $4,900 to $5,000.

That's only what's on the panasonic.com.au site. I had a look for them on a few popular sites that sell them at lower prices but they aren't showing anything yet. They would have to be under $4000 before I would consider one.
post #149 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkmgr View Post

attempting to talk myself into this. i currently have a AE900U. only has about 700 or so hours on it and has performed flawlessly the past two years. decisions, decisions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaycurse View Post

Wow, I bought an AE900 a few years ago and it's amazing how far FP technology has come. I still love my AE900 and I don't have the money to buy the 4000. Maybe once I'm out of college in a couple of years I can get one used for a few hundred bucks .

If you're happy with the AE900, you may want to wait to see how things shake out. I owned an AE900 a few years back and was very happy with it. I currently own an AE2000 and without a side by side comparison I'd say it has a sharper, more detailed picture, better overall color performance, better color uniformity and somewhat better black levels. But the AE900 is still a very nice projector. If the AE900 didn't have the smoothscreen, I'd say upgrade for sure. But the smoothscreen provides a very filmlike picture imo.
Plus, you probably won't get very much for it if you sell. Maybe $500??

I was thinking of upgrading to the AE4000 too, but may wait for now. I'm kind of torn, because my parents want to buy a projector and I could sell them mine for say $1000.00 and then upgrade. Otherwise they'll probably end up with an AX200 or one of the lower end 1080p units. I'm very tempted, but fear I won't see enough of an improvement to justify the extra expense right now.
post #150 of 8492
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFirst View Post

Interesting. I can make the room fairly dark by closing some sliding glass door blinds, but during the summer months inparticular, I like to keep them open going out to the swimming pool. Maybe I should just stick with the Epson 8100 like I was planning before the 4000 announcement.

I doubt the 8100 is THAT much brighter than the AE4000 in brightest mode, it's just that the Hi-Power screen helps out a lot in environments with ambient light.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Panasonic PT-AE4000 MSRP $1999