Newbie wanting to get his feet wet with this pj---I have a few questions if anyone wants to share some hard-earned expertise:
1. Prob want a 80 to 90 inch width screen, not sure of 16:9 or 2:35. Any opinions welcome.
2. PJ will be approx 13 feet from the wall, prob will put it on a shelf/end table about 1.5 feet off the ground. (too low?)
3. I will be hooking it up to a htpc via hdmi---cord run of about 15 to 20 ft.
4. The pj will be used for 50% movies and 50% TV. Net surfing will happen frequently as well.
5. It will be in a main living area that is equipped with both mini blinds and pretty heavy curtains that will nearly always be drawn when the unit is being watched.
6. My viewing chairs will be approx 13ft from the screen--with my sofa being a little off angle to the screen at about 11 ft.
Now for the questions---and I do appreciate your patience with such a long post
1. The pj will be on a table between my 2 chairs: if i place it on a shelf at about 1.5 ft, will this be too low? Will the people sitting in the chairs, be distracted by the light beam from the pj going to the screen? Never had a pj, so not sure how noticeable the beam of light will be? BTW, the pj will be projecting pretty much straight at the middle of the screen.
2. Will the pj be too loud for those sitting in the chairs during scenes of low-no volume?
3. Based on above info, anyone care to hazard a type of screen? Wilson DW--Paint type--BO cloth--or Carada (wish I could afford that last one
I do want to keep the spending to a minimum. I would love to make use of the elec trigger, but not sure if there are any cheap motorized out there? Would prob want tensioned...
4. Will this pj have enough vertical shift to move the screen up, since im basically projecting from the floor!?
5. If i am overwhelmed by the large screen during normal tv watching, is it simple to shrink the screen to a more managable size?
6. Again on the screen, does anyone think i will have enough brightness and contrast, or will i need a gain screen or a gray contrast screen? I think choosing a screen is harder than choosing the projector---especially since this Panny is rockin everyones world!
7. If the exhaust vents are on the front, is it taboo to place the pj in a relatively enclosed table shelf, or does it need to be a very open shelf/table?
8. My current tv is a mits dlp rear projection wd-65732, good picture when it worked!! It just died and my extended warranty is going to replace/ buy out. Im taking the cash! Anyone know how this intended setup will compare to the old tv?
Thanks so much for you time and patience!
I really want this projector, if I can get all my info straight!